Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would be a dj?

Re: Who would be a dj?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger
    Over recent weeks even months, i suppose, there have been a lot of whinges,opinions,praise here ........

Who would be a dj...
    Please use the correct specific abbreviation; cdj (compact disc jockey), cj (computer jockey) or dj (disk jockey) as this has caused confusion and arguments in the past.

Re: Who would be a dj?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    I think DJ-ing is like any creative endeavour, you need talent, experience and discipline. And I think the discpline part of it can be helped by training. I could envisage a basic 1-day course covering things like "What BPM is good for MJ", "What types of tracks aren't good for MJ", "Mixing and matching", "Reading the floor" etc.
    Producing DJs? Not that hard in reality. Out of the three trainees I had at Nantwich 2 made the grade

Have run a 4 hours DJ training course .... the learning point was that it should have been formated to 3 hours technical / 3 hours music ..... but having said that anyone who did the course was able to DJ afterwards ... if they wanted to listen to what was taught

Not that hard to produce DJs if they come with the right attitude and have access to a reasonable CD collection. For the most part, DJ's can be made rather than be born.

Thread Information