Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lifestyle change

Re: Lifestyle change

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers & Mash
    I suppose it doesn't matter what I do I will never look like Tom Cruise
    Why would you want to? (But then again I don't think Brad Pitt is anything exciting either, which probably totally invalidates any comments I make about men!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Why would you want to? (But then again I don't think Brad Pitt is anything exciting either, which probably totally invalidates any comments I make about men!)
    It's not the looks, it's the perks

All Brad Pitt got was Jennifer Aniston

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers & Mash
    Isn't it funny how only one thing can make you feel bad about yourself, but it takes everything to feel good about yourself.

Weight, complexion, hair, clothes, job, house, car, money, dance technique, ...

I would almost be tempted to go and see this unfit 40yr old
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

SKY TV filming at ST ALBANS next Wednesday 30th November Next week and then the following 2 weeks a new health programme is being filmed at St Albans classes. They are following a rather unfit 40 year old guy and felt Ceroc was the perfect fun way to get fit. (we all know this already :-) ).
    Â
    We would love it if you would be there on time to start the beginners class. The couple being filmed will be there the whole evening so make sure you grab them for a dance and work up a bit of sweat on them.
    Â
    St Albans Town Hall, Market Square, St Albans. Beginners class 8pm with Mick Wenger, freestyle til 11pm. Just in case you did not know, Wednesday night at St Albans is a slightly different format. There are 3 classes, Beginners, Beginners improvers and Intermediate. This is a great night for beginners and intermediate dancers but advanced dancers beware, you will be kept dancing all night :-)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    I've gone from 16st 3 to 15st 6 in 3 weeks......
    Hi Stewart,

How is the lifestyle change going now ?

A lot of folk are interested in your progress.

Steady progress is good, I know that many times in my life when I have been tackling new things or making changes, that I can overdo things initially.

Then I get a set back, and the end result is harder or becomes impossible to achieve.

Just now, I am being reminded of that, and I am having to make a conscious effort to pace myself, and I am still not getting it perfect - and that is ok.

Keep going steadily.

john

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by johnthehappyguy
    Hi Stewart,

Steady progress is good, I know that many times in my life when I have been tackling new things or making changes, that I can overdo things initially.

Then I get a set back, and the end result is harder or becomes impossible to achieve.

Just now, I am being reminded of that, and I am having to make a conscious effort to pace myself, and I am still not getting it perfect - and that is ok.

Keep going steadily.

john

I'd be interested to hear how its going too.

Hi Stewart,

Keep going steadily.

john
    ok from 16st 3 I went to 15st 1 (in about 4 weeks by just eating differently and maybe the odd frantic weekender).

Then I decided to eat some old remaining 'crap' from my freezer before it goes off (crap is my word ,i like to use it wether the food is crap or not is by the by) Were talking sausages etc

I think im around 15st 3. i need a new belt and notice the difference If I TELL people ive lost weight they notice it too

However this was never a campaign to loes weight quickly or beat myself up if i should fall from grace.

Its just a beginning and its also about what I wear and job etc etc

Maybe it is part of a mid life crises which will last 6 months ? At the moment I hate the idea of getting older (Im 39 sorry 40)

ps who knows a good wig shop ??

I know this sounds silly but again if it isnt in the house you cant eat it

Ive enjoyed using my wock but need to buy more vegtables. Thats chicken corn stuff seems good as well and not all rice and pasta is bland

[QUOTE=stewart38]ok from 16st 3 I went to 15st 1 (in about 4 weeks by just eating differently and maybe the odd frantic weekender).

QUOTE]

Its a shame you and whittybird aren't coming for the weekend now. .........I could have showed you what a frantic weekend is and all on Slimming World cuisine, keep it up.

and by the way you don't need a wig, mask or anything else the girl that get you will be very lucky, and don't you forget it

Quote Originally Posted by fletch

and by the way you don't need a wig, mask or anything else the girl that get you will be very lucky, and don't you forget it

Cheque is in the post

TiggsTours

ok from 16st 3 I went to 15st 1 (in about 4 weeks by just eating differently and maybe the odd frantic weekender).

Then I decided to eat some old remaining 'crap' from my freezer before it goes off (crap is my word ,i like to use it wether the food is crap or not is by the by) Were talking sausages etc

I think im around 15st 3. i need a new belt and notice the difference If I TELL people ive lost weight they notice it too

However this was never a campaign to loes weight quickly or beat myself up if i should fall from grace.

Its just a beginning and its also about what I wear and job etc etc

Maybe it is part of a mid life crises which will last 6 months ? At the moment I hate the idea of getting older (Im 39 sorry 40)

ps who knows a good wig shop ??

I know this sounds silly but again if it isnt in the house you cant eat it

Ive enjoyed using my wock but need to buy more vegtables. Thats chicken corn stuff seems good as well and not all rice and pasta is bland
    Well done you! Doesn't it feel great!?

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Well done you! Doesn't it feel great!?
    It feels bloody cold

Now im not sure if thats due to a lack of fat or the wind

chill

TiggsTours

It feels bloody cold

Now im not sure if thats due to a lack of fat or the wind

chill
    Its the wind, trust me, its bl***y freezing!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Its the wind !
    Must be all those extra vegetables, has that effect on some people.

Cheque is in the post

Money mmmmmmmmmmmm now be careful you'll get me a reputation

B.T.C.

I haven't been on here for ages but a good thread and one I can contribute to as I recently decided it was time for me to change a few things.

I've been taking courses in massage for a couple of years and although I try not to think of my age I was aware that next summer I'll be 50 and I would have been in the same job ( lecturer/schools liaison co-ordinator) at Aberdeen College for 20 years.

Having decided I didn't enjoy my work as I used to and having the opportunity to move in with Fran I handed in my notice, sold my flat and moved to Edinburgh. Having lived on my own for 9 years I now live with Fran and 2 children ( 9 and 12). It's quite a change but I am now teaching my own (small) dance class on a Tuesday in Dunfermline and making a start on promoting myself as a therapist.

It was quite an easy decision to make although it was rather sudden but I'm happy and though I'm earning very little I'm stress free and am looking forward to the future.

I've also joined the local gym and have lost nearly half a stone though I hope to build up a little bit again

So to anyone else thinking of making a change I'd say - go for it. Mind you maybe someone should ask Fran and the kids if they are as happy !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill

Having decided I didn't enjoy my work as I used to and having the opportunity to move in with Fran I handed in my notice, sold my flat and moved to Edinburgh. Having lived on my own for 9 years I now live with Fran and 2 children ( 9 and 12). It's quite a change but I am now teaching my own (small) dance class on a Tuesday in Dunfermline and making a start on promoting myself as a therapist.

It was quite an easy decision to make although it was rather sudden but I'm happy and though I'm earning very little I'm stress free and am looking forward to the future.

I've also joined the local gym and have lost nearly half a stone though I hope to build up a little bit again

So to anyone else thinking of making a change I'd say - go for it. Mind you maybe someone should ask Fran and the kids if they are as happy !!!!!
    That was very brave, and gives us singles with small children hope

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

Progress

....keep us posted on your progress...
    I have slowed down a bit in my quest for weight loss and fitness.

I'm managing to stop eating rubbish, and now I am actually cooking - healthy stuff.

In the past I have tended to overdo the exercise, which has mean't that I was not able to follow through and ended up not achievng much.

For the last three months, I have been gradually increasing my exercising, and training, and stopping for a few days if I feel any niggles.

Well, it has started to work.

• I am now lighter than I have been for about 10 years,
    • I feel a lot healthier.
    • Some abs are actually beginning to appear.

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

johnthehappyguy

Re: Progress

I have slowed down a bit in my quest for weight loss and fitness.

I'm managing to stop eating rubbish, and now I am actually cooking - healthy stuff.

In the past I have tended to overdo the exercise, which has mean't that I was not able to follow through and ended up not achievng much.

For the last three months, I have been gradually increasing my exercising, and training, and stopping for a few days if I feel any niggles.

Well, it has started to work.

• I am now lighter than I have been for about 10 years,
    • I feel a lot healthier.
    • Some abs are actually beginning to appear.

Thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

johnthehappyguy
    Nice to hear

I went under 15st for the first time on monday (was 16st 3 over 4 weeks ago) seems like ive just crept over 15st again.

I’m still have my rusty weights in the corner ready for use. Cant see myself doing any more Martial Art type fitness stuff but who knows. I needed a new belt but still cant do up my collar on my shirt which is odd, maybe the kneck holds out

Cooking 'stuff' in woks is much easier and less time consuming then I thought

Again for me this isn’t about weight loss or diet just a change

I also don’t 'feel' 'bad' if someone bring cakes in and I don’t have any as I don’t miss them and will have them if I want. The 'perceived' thought was much worse

I’m going to look at my anger and buy more clothes, I still need to sleep much more stop being impatient (who invented text and e-mail !) and get on with no lets be honest start this Internet project

TiggsTours

Nice to hear

I went under 15st for the first time on monday (was 16st 3 over 4 weeks ago) seems like ive just crept over 15st again.

I’m still have my rusty weights in the corner ready for use. Cant see myself doing any more Martial Art type fitness stuff but who knows. I needed a new belt but still cant do up my collar on my shirt which is odd, maybe the kneck holds out

Cooking 'stuff' in woks is much easier and less time consuming then I thought

Again for me this isn’t about weight loss or diet just a change

I also don’t 'feel' 'bad' if someone bring cakes in and I don’t have any as I don’t miss them and will have them if I want. The 'perceived' thought was much worse

I’m going to look at my anger and buy more clothes, I still need to sleep much more stop being impatient (who invented text and e-mail !) and get on with no lets be honest start this Internet project
    This all sounds fantastic!

If this is the way you are looking at things, then this is obviously a lifestyle change for life, as you do not feel that it is a chore.

Dieting is a chore, adjusting your eating patterns and being happy with them isn't, it just so happens to result in a weight loss. Dieters always put weight back on.

I'm so pleased its working so well for you, and that you are so happy with the way things are going.

I have a recipe for an absolutely delicious baked cheesecake at home, made with cottage cheese, I'll post it on the recipe thread on Monday, try it, its delicious!

Amanda. x

This all sounds fantastic!

If this is the way you are looking at things, then this is obviously a lifestyle change for life, as you do not feel that it is a chore.

Amanda. x
    Its not just about weight, so if a friend tells me they cant see me till the new year, i dont send 3 e-mails saying why not and then they list every day 'proving' they cant and send this (she is non forum)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And you wonder why you get snotty e.mails from people ... your rude and quiet frankly arrogant - you seem to think you should be the centre of attention and if somebody dare be to busy to see you .... well 'how dare they' and i'm telling you this because i consider myself a friend and if your friends cant criticise you and tell you when they think your out of order then you may as well not have any friends .....

Yes meet up in the new year would be good x
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a text from someone else there busy at work, i wont post it

I'd be interested to hear how its going too.

I on the other hand, tend to keep dancing until the queue dies down a bit, then join the end of the queue, and there is generally always plenty left, unless you have a room full of greedy selfish people who each help themselves to 3 cakes, then leave 1 and a half on a plate only to be chucked in the bin at the end of the night! If everybody in the queue just took one, there'd be plenty for all, and probably seconds, after they've finished the first, and the queue should be very controllable.

Given Ive been helping myself to about 8 cakes at each dance venue over christmas ive gained about 6lbs , leaving no plate empty

Bit still 8lbs less then when I started

Ill go back on track now and leave some cake for others

Thread Information