Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Jive Championships 2003 - Blackpool

Originally posted by TheTramp
    Ah.....

Well, we'll all be sitting down somewhere during the day - I'd sort of assumed that all the Scots (and honourary Scots) would be sitting down in one place together. I guess that most of the Scottish people going down there are on the forum, so the Scottish corner will become the forum corner.

Steve
    Ok then it sounds like a plan - Forum Corner at Scottish Corner (not Scotch Corner) just after the prize giving (which all the Scots will be receiving I'm sure!!!!!!!!)

Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    Ok then it sounds like a plan - Forum Corner at Scottish Corner (not Scotch Corner) just after the prize giving (which all the Scots will be receiving I'm sure!!!!!!!!)

Sounds like a good idea ... count me in for the meet up!

moi aussi.....

The Forum Legend
    Will.....

I didn't realise that you were Australian.

Have you changed your alliegence after the recent cricket, tennis, football (did I miss anything?) results??

Steve

Originally posted by Will
    moi aussi.....
    Gosh - yet another Forum member from Down Under!

Aaaaarrgh - The Tramp beat me by 2 minutes while I was carefully crafting my response to Will's message

Hello again everyone! Look, I did it! I actually managed to break my forum addiction for ... oh, what is it? ... 6 weeks? Although I have to say that it was a very enforced break due to a nightmare of a workload lately. Oh God, I've missed you all!

Anyway, back on topic - I'm coming to Blackpool, too! Will be my first time there and I'm already so excited. Just the thought of a weekend away from here is brilliant, but to be able to combine that with dancing, with the biggest jive competition in the UK, and with the propect of meeting up with some of you makes it even better. Do keep us informed of the meet time/place - I can't wait to put faces to names. And, if I'm lucky, maybe get a dance with some of you???

Oh, and there's more - I've actually entered myself in the lucky dip. Something I thought I'd Never Ever do... I'm still not quite sure why I did it - probably because I spent so much time at Hammersmith last year just watching when I was itching to dance myself. I'm still not sure if it's a really bad idea for me to enter a competition, though - I'm scared already, so God only knows what I'll be like on the actual day - I'll probably panic and freeze up completely...

Sandy, did you decide to enter in the end? I know you were waivering, very much like me! Personally, I don't mind the thought of getting a partner who's a complete beginner or just plain 'bad' - what really scares me is the thought of getting someone really serious who's intent on winning, and the idea that I could let them down.

Are any of the Scottish cabaret teams entering? I'd love to see them after hearing so much on the forum. Oh, and anyone got any ideas how we can possibly persuade Janet to come down for the competition? Any volunteers to kidnap her from Glasgow?

Rachel

Originally posted by Rachel

Do keep us informed of the meet time/place - I can't wait to put faces to names.
    Wherever the Scots end up is where we'll be meeting - about a dance after the prize giving! (I've never been either so I can't give you more details than that).

Sheena, are you doing a sign??? If I remember I'll bring my Saltire with me!

Are any of the Scottish cabaret teams entering? I'd love to see them after hearing so much on the forum.

Rachel
    I believe there are two Scottish teams entering - Sheena's Tartan Army from Dundee (quite a crew from the Forum - Sheena can list their names). And then another team (who haven't finalised their name yet - or their routine !!!!!) who are kinda from all over Scotland with Forum members of : DS, Brady, Lisa, Niall and myself, along with Heather's sister Wendy (it's all her fault!) and some other wonderful dancers

The Forum Legend
    Welcome back Rachel. We've missed you too.

Be great to see you at Blackpool. Some guy is going to be very lucky in the lucky dip. Is that too many uses of the word 'lucky' in one sentence Heather? Anyone who is entering the lucky dip with a serious intent to win is really missing the idea of that particular competition, which is most definitely to have fun. Having said that, anyone who is seriously entering to win would be delighted to be matched up with you.

There are two Scottish cabaret teams entering. With just a little friendly rivalry

And if you can come up with a plan to kidnap Janet and bring her along, I'll help in any way you want

Steve

Oh, and there's more - I've actually entered myself in the lucky dip. Something I thought I'd Never Ever do... ?

Rachel
    Well done! I think the Lucky Dip is the best part of the day, best fun, some of the best dancing.

Is Marc competing again .. havn't seen him in action since him and Donna came 2nd in the Intermedaites in 2001.

Originally posted by Gus
    Well done! I think the Lucky Dip is the best part of the day, best fun, some of the best dancing.

Is Marc competing again .. havn't seen him in action since him and Donna came 2nd in the Intermedaites in 2001.
    Yes, I just hope that I'll get into the right spirit of things for the lucky dip myself so I can relax and enjoy it. And thanks, Steve, for your very kind comments!

Marc is just doing the lucky dip this year. Shame he's not doing more, really ... He was saying - wouldn't it be ironic if him and me ended up being partners in the lucky dip - but surely that couldn't be allowed, could it? I can't see how they'd regulate it, but it would seem so unfair, given that Marc and I dance 3 or 4 times a week together ....

I'm not sure if Donna's competing this year, but she's always great to watch dancing, too.

Best go for now ... but my excitement about the whole event has grown even more now that I'm able to talk to other people about it (work colleagues just don't understand ...)

Oh, and if anyone's still looking at getting accomodation, there are some great looking self-catering holiday flats which we're booked into, if anyone wants details. They're on the same road as the Winter Gardens and much cheaper than a hotel - £35 a night for two people - or, unofficially, however many of you you want to fit in!!

Rachel

The Forum Legend
    No probs Rachel. I was just being honest

As for getting Marc in the Lucky dip. I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed. That's the whole point of the word 'lucky'. At the ceroc champs in 2001, I was stood next to a guy I knew, who ended up with his wife in the lucky dip. He said that he didn't think it was fair, and asked if I'd swap. I didn't - and they went out first or second round, and I did a little better than that To swap partners once they've been randomly allocated wouldn't be keeping in with the spirit of lucky dip I think....

Are you staying at the Fernleigh flats?? That's where we're booked into - at the same price as you, on Adelaide St. If so, party at your place on the Saturday night

Steve

Confirmed Forum Plant Basil Brush (Forum Plant)'s Avatar
    Anyone any idea how many people from north of the border are going to this?? From what I can gather there seems to be about 40!

Are you staying at the Fernleigh flats?? That's where we're booked into - at the same price as you, on Adelaide St. If so, party at your place on the Saturday night

Steve
    Yes, those are the ones!

When you say we, do you mean you and Laine?

Party? YES! I'm already planning on being the last one dancing and preparing myself for getting no sleep whatsoever that night - even though I'll be having to drive straight down to Cardiff on the Sunday for a couple of days work there from Monday.

(Oops, perhaps I ought to speak to Marc first before agreeing to a party at ours ...)

R x

The Forum Legend
    Ummm. Yeah. Myself and Laili, and her bf Andrew, and another friend Caroline. And there's another 4 dancing people in another flat there that I know of. So, I guess the building will be rocking!
    I'm already planning on being the last one dancing
    So, that'll mean that you and I will be having the last song then (and hopefully more before that!).
    even though I'll be having to drive straight down to Cardiff
    Lucky you!!
    Oops, perhaps I ought to speak to Marc first before agreeing to a party at ours
    Nah. But if he objects, then we'll just go to ours. And if all those object, they can just go sleep with Marc, while we party.

Steve

[B]Laili
    Sorry, yes, Laili.

Lucky you!!
    Well, nice in a way, but I won't have any time to investigate the dancing down there cos I have to be back in Peterborough for Wednesday night.

they can just go sleep with Marc
    Is that, sleep 'with' Marc, or just, sleep 'as Marc will also be doing at that time'????

The Forum Legend
    Is that, sleep 'with' Marc, or just, sleep 'as Marc will also be doing at that time'????
    Whichever

Steve

Whichever

Steve
    Hmmmm! Well, I guess it will depend on how good a time I'm having at our party as to whether I'd mind or not ...

The Forum Legend
    I'm gonna keep the sweet and innocent image that everyone has of me, and just not go there....

Steve

I'm gonna keep the sweet and innocent image that everyone has of me, and just not go there....

Steve
    Now you just made me choke on my coffee!!!!!!!

The Forum Legend
    Just what are you trying to say then Avril??

Steve
    Last edited by TheTramp; 14th-February-2003 at 05:31 PM.

Thread Information