Thread: Spirit of The Horse

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Spirit of The Horse

I don't have a clue how to put on a link, but i would really love to go and see the show "Spirit of The Horse" that is showing in Brent Cross between the dates of 17th Nov-27th Nov but i have no one to go with that loves horses as much as i do.

Is there anyone that loves horses would like to come with me?
    therir website is- www.equestriantheatre.co.uk

Please either add to this thread or pm me

Re: Spirit of The Horse

Quote Originally Posted by dee
    Is there anyone that loves horses would like to come with me?
    I would, but I live in NI!

It sounds fab, hope you get someone to go with. Never been to a show like that, though I did go to the Christmas show at Olympia in London a few times. Mainly show jumping, but also some fun classes and the parade at the end.

Horses are amazing animals - fiery and strong, yet can do such delicate and neat steps. Its amazing the connection and understanding that can build up between horse and human.

Dee

I attended the show about 2 years ago in Glasgow and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was a little worried that it might be one of those events where the animals are not looked after properly and just there for display, however, you can see they are well groomed and are certainly the stars of the show, the riders take second place.

Hope you enjoy!

Wendy

From fellow horse lover

I`d love to go again but just a bit too far away

I took my daughter to see it when it came to Inverness

Great show ,well presented ,lovely horses

Just too many dance bits in between ,but well worth seeing

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    I would, but I live in NI!

It sounds fab, hope you get someone to go with. Never been to a show like that, though I did go to the Christmas show at Olympia in London a few times. Mainly show jumping, but also some fun classes and the parade at the end.

Horses are amazing animals - fiery and strong, yet can do such delicate and neat steps. Its amazing the connection and understanding that can build up between horse and human.
    Shame you can't come with me Lynn, sounds like it's going to be good, lets just hope i get someone to come with me.

I agree with you , horses are amazing my dream would be to own one one day, i have been riding since the age of 6 and really love it, there is nothing better to me than to ride out in the woods on such a huge yet gentle animal. (oh and to dance)

Just had a look at the website. I might be interested in going. I've always wanted to see Lippizaners do their thing.

M

Shame you can't come with me Lynn, sounds like it's going to be good, lets just hope i get someone to come with me.

I agree with you , horses are amazing my dream would be to own one one day, i have been riding since the age of 6 and really love it, there is nothing better to me than to ride out in the woods on such a huge yet gentle animal. (oh and to dance)
    I was a horse mad teenager. I had a pony and spent every available moment at the stables. The man who ran it usually had several horses and ponies and I used to ride them as well - plus other people stabled there - there were maybe about 25 equine residents at any one time. So we had great weekend hacks, sometimes we hired a horsebox to go to shows etc. My horsey experiences were fab (aside from the time I ended up spending Christmas Day in hospital ). I don't ride now at all, it seems to be something I have to throw myself into completely, or not at all.

Selling my pony when I went to uni was the hardest thing I ever did, even then I had put him 'on loan' to a lovely family for a year before I could bear to sell him. He used to follow me round the yard like a puppy (probably hoping I would give him an apple!)

I was a horse mad teenager. I had a pony and spent every available moment at the stables. The man who ran it usually had several horses and ponies and I used to ride them as well - plus other people stabled there - there were maybe about 25 equine residents at any one time. So we had great weekend hacks, sometimes we hired a horsebox to go to shows etc. My horsey experiences were fab (aside from the time I ended up spending Christmas Day in hospital ). I don't ride now at all, it seems to be something I have to throw myself into completely, or not at all.

Selling my pony when I went to uni was the hardest thing I ever did, even then I had put him 'on loan' to a lovely family for a year before I could bear to sell him. He used to follow me round the yard like a puppy (probably hoping I would give him an apple!)
    Think i spent the whole of my child hood up the riding school, i remember getting up at 6am on a saturday morning and cycling 3 miles through the woods just to get there and work full on all day and do the same thing on a sunday just to get an hours hack once a fortnight, now if thats not pure dedication i don't know what is. I don't ever remember complaning about cleaning stables out or carrying buckets of water i just loved it. I really enjoyed gymkana to.

I had 10 years off as silly me thought i would have kids and a few months ago i got back in the saddle, i have not forgotten a thing and love it as much as i did when i was small

Mary if you do want to come please pm me as i have not booked up yet and would guess it gets booked fast

Think i spent the whole of my child hood up the riding school, i remember getting up at 6am on a saturday morning and cycling 3 miles through the woods just to get there and work full on all day and do the same thing on a sunday just to get an hours hack once a fortnight, now if thats not pure dedication i don't know what is. I don't ever remember complaning about cleaning stables out or carrying buckets of water i just loved it. I really enjoyed gymkana to.

I had 10 years off as silly me thought i would have kids and a few months ago i got back in the saddle, i have not forgotten a thing and love it as much as i did when i was small

Mary if you do want to come please pm me as i have not booked up yet and would guess it gets booked fast
    Yes, I remember when I was first starting (before I got my own pony) I was glad to be asked to muck out! Even when I had my pony I was happy to help with feeding, watering, grooming and mucking out for the man who ran the stables - several of us helped out and then he would cook lunch for us. He really knew his stuff about horses, and life in general.

I don't think I would have forgotten anything either, and I live very near the stables where I first learned, but not sure I could go back to it now. I suppose I'm afraid if I started back, I would get totally immersed in it again, it was such a big part of my life.

Bet that was really hard selling your pony don't think i could of but guess it's the animal that you have to think of first, still sad though as they are so much apart of your life it's like having a best mate.

I live miles away from where i used to ride, but have found a really nice small friendly school that welcomed me the first day i arrived. They have become friends to me now and i look forwards to having a laugh with them each week. All their horses are lovely to, except one i rode last week that was in a bad mood as he had been in the field all day and had to come in just for me to ride, bless him he tried to bite me and fought me with his reins and ripped my hand, but usually he is lazy but a very nice horse, we all have our off days so i will let him off this time in hope i get another horse for this week.

Shame we don't live closer Lynn, looks like you and i could talk for hours

Bet that was really hard selling your pony don't think i could of but guess it's the animal that you have to think of first, still sad though as they are so much apart of your life it's like having a best mate.

I live miles away from where i used to ride, but have found a really nice small friendly school that welcomed me the first day i arrived. They have become friends to me now and i look forwards to having a laugh with them each week. All their horses are lovely to, except one i rode last week that was in a bad mood as he had been in the field all day and had to come in just for me to ride, bless him he tried to bite me and fought me with his reins and ripped my hand, but usually he is lazy but a very nice horse, we all have our off days so i will let him off this time in hope i get another horse for this week.

Shame we don't live closer Lynn, looks like you and i could talk for hours
    We could have a horsey chat at Camber!

My pony was really a Mr Grumpy at times! No-one else would bring him from the fields as he would sometimes pretend to bite. He also bucked, reared and generally was naughty. He kicked over full wheelbarrows, pulled a hay rack off the wall, turned lights on and off with his nose in one stable, banged his bucket on the floor when he wanted more food and occasionally threw it over the stable door if he didn't get any! But I loved him.

He wasn't a bad tempered animal (I have met some of those) but he got bored easily!

We could have a horsey chat at Camber!

My pony was really a Mr Grumpy at times! No-one else would bring him from the fields as he would sometimes pretend to bite. He also bucked, reared and generally was naughty. He kicked over full wheelbarrows, pulled a hay rack off the wall, turned lights on and off with his nose in one stable, banged his bucket on the floor when he wanted more food and occasionally threw it over the stable door if he didn't get any! But I loved him.

He wasn't a bad tempered animal (I have met some of those) but he got bored easily!

Ok horsey chat at camber it is!!! thats if we get time

Your pony sounded like he had a great character, they are so clever one horse at the riding school could even let himself out of the stable by opening the bolt on his stable door, we put the bolt down lower on the door but he would kick the door all day til you let him out. Gosh those were the days

Thread Information