Thread: Here's My Back

Here's My Back

I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.).

I'm a bit worried about my partner deciding I'm just being plain rude or not really leading them into moves. I'm happy to have my partner's back turned to me but then I'm leading her into that so I can hardly be surprised. Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance? How about you other guys; do you enjoy using these sorts of moves?

Re: Here's My Back

Quote Originally Posted by killingtime
    I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.).

I'm a bit worried about my partner deciding I'm just being plain rude or not really leading them into moves. I'm happy to have my partner's back turned to me but then I'm leading her into that so I can hardly be surprised. Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance? How about you other guys; do you enjoy using these sorts of moves?
    IMHO I think it would depend on the experience and confidence of the follower

I'm a bit worried ...
    If you're dancing with me then don't worry ... be happy
    I can't see how it would be a problem at all.

You know what happened to you last time you presented your back to me mid-dance, maybe you liked it and are hoping that other followers will do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Icey
    You know what happened to you last time you presented your back to me mid-dance, maybe you liked it and are hoping that other followers will do the same
    Cheeky. Just because you feel the urge to touch my behind in an inappropriate manor doesn't mean all followers do .

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance?
    Answer.. No, but just remember what I told you
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

I've recently noticed that I'm putting myself into a lot of moves that have your back turned to your partner (Hug Strip, Shoulder Drop, putting myself into a Crucifix etc.)
    Interesting. I do very few moves* with my back to my partner, though I've no idea why... Perhaps it is because subconsciously I think it is rude.

* Even the ones that I do do, I tend to adapt to allow me to pay attention to my partner as much as possible.

I guess there could be another subconscious reason – I'm afraid my partner may run away when I'm not looking!
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Quote Originally Posted by ducasi
    Interesting. I do very few moves* with my back to my partner, though I've no idea why... Perhaps it is because subconsciously I think it is rude.
    I suppose that's what I'm worried that my partner will think. That's why I'm trying to get some thoughts on the forum. Claire S did mention to me that she thought it was impolite that I don't look back when I pull my partner under my arm in a Shoulder Drop. I've never been taught to look back though and I think the space in front of me is important to monitor so I don't tend to do that. I do try and look at my partner when I do the initial side step though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    Answer.. No, but just remember what I told you
    It was a good point; I really enjoyed that dance with you and agree that a sharp meaningful eye contact on the zipper would have been great . Worryingly I didn't even count the zipper as a back move. Which, I guess, it is. Oh well another one to add to my collection.

There's lots of walky sidling wiggly moves with the man in front that are good fun for the follower to admire from behind.

I guess the only one that really 'gets' me is "Here's my back and now I'm going to spin you, block you and repeat, all without looking (or moving) and when it goes wrong I'm going to tell you off on the dance-floor for not doing the move properly".

Commercial Operator

Obviously this is pretty easy to fix but my question is does it bug women when a guy does a few of these in a dance?
    Are they not just pleased to get a rest from your front?!?

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saxylady
    I guess the only one that really 'gets' me is "Here's my back and now I'm going to spin you, block you and repeat, all without looking (or moving) and when it goes wrong I'm going to tell you off on the dance-floor for not doing the move properly".
    but didnt you know, we are meant to be mind readers!

There's lots of walky sidling wiggly moves with the man in front that are good fun for the follower to admire from behind.

Well thankfully (as far as I know ) I don't do that move and even if I did I don't lecture followers (unless they want a lecture of course ). As for wiggling I quite enjoy it as long as no one actually makes me conscious of it then I get embarrassed and stop.

Well thankfully (as far as I know ) I don't do that move and even if I did I don't lecture followers (unless they want a lecture of course ). As for wiggling I quite enjoy it as long as no one actually makes me conscious of it then I get embarrassed and stop.

So a would be out of the question???

So a would be out of the question???
    Oh no; that would be fine. I wouldn't get all self conscious about it until after I had turned to face. By which time it would be too late for me to get embarrassed .

Thread Information