Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weekenders Camber Bognor etc etc

Re: weekenders Camber Bognor etc etc

It's used for filming the teachers workshops for the Dvd/Video.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    Seriously though, I've always wondered why the pub at Camber is never open during weekenders
    It is used at the Rhythm Riot weekend (last weekend in November at Camber) and it is fab - there is even a small area where you can dance

They have it openned from 10am to about 6pm every day and you can buy bar food including chicken in the basket and they have a trio (usually a country trio) entertaining us

BTW The 'third room' at Franco's weekend is also used for the private lessons

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Originally posted by TiggsTours
    Yes, but more than anything, I can't understand why everybody raves so much about Camber!
    Those who enjoyed themselves at Camber tend to rave about it, those who didn't, don't.

Too big, too many people, not intimate and social enough, nowhere to just sit and chill out in a central area, and meet new people.
    For some this is precisely the attraction.

At Rock Bottoms, both on the Isle Of Wight and in Torquay, there are central social lounge areas, and there is just the one dining hall, where you all eat together, so you can't help but meet people
    These are the very reasons that some people are put off even trying Rock Bottoms Weekenders.

I just think that Camber is a much lonlier place that the Rock Bottoms weekends.
    Perhaps for some, perhaps not for others

Originally posted by Stewart38
    At the end of the day both have merits but i wouldnt suggest one is better then the other its personal choice
    Personal choice indeed. We are lucky to have different types of weekenders to suit a range of personalities and preferences.

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee
    Those who enjoyed themselves at Camber tend to rave about it, those who didn't, don't.

For some this is precisely the attraction.

These are the very reasons that some people are put off even trying Rock Bottoms Weekenders.

Perhaps for some, perhaps not for others

Personal choice indeed. We are lucky to have different types of weekenders to suit a range of personalities and preferences.
    I agree with all you said, and if people enjoy Camber great, I personally don't. What I'm saying is that, by reading this Forum, you could easily think that Camber is the only option, as its the only one that ever really gets talked about, I was just trying to say to people, don't close your mind to the alternatives, you may, like me, find you enjoy them more! Also, it was being implied (to my mind) that Rock Bottoms is a very lonely place to be on your own, and Camber isn't, I was just pointing out why I personally feel that the exact opposite is true.

I'm also still interested to know where exactly at Camber it is that all these people sit around and chat, as stewart38 said they do, I never saw anywhere there that that could happen.
    Last edited by TiggsTours; 4th-November-2005 at 10:40 AM.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    I agree with all you said, and if people enjoy Camber great, I personally don't. What I'm saying is that, by reading this Forum, you could easily think that Camber is the only option, as its the only one that ever really gets talked about,
    I'm pretty sure the vast pre- and post-Southport threads put Camber in the shade. And for that matter, the pre-BFG discussions were more extensive than the pre-Camber ones are.

But yes, it is annoying when it looks like the only thing you see on the Forum is a discussion of a single event / weekender to the exclusion of others. As long as it doesn't descend into luvvie-dom, I can bear it

People talk about the events they go to, and bigger events (or ones with extra forum presence) get more talked-about - that's just the way it is.

Also, it was being implied (to my mind) that Rock Bottoms is a very lonely place to be on your own, and Camber isn't, I was just pointing out why I personally feel that the exact opposite is true.
    I don't believe that was the implication - at least I didn't read it that way.

But I'm not convinced by your assertion that RB is more "friendly" than Camber (OK, I've not been to either, but lack of actual knowledge that never stops me), because you're clearly a big fan of RB, presumably you have friends there, so I'm not sure if that makes you the best judge of these things.

(If it's even possible to judge "loneliness factor", which frankly I doubt.)

I'm also still interested to know where exactly at Camber it is that all these people sit around and chat, as stewart38 said they do, I never saw anywhere there that that could happen.
    Trust me when I say, I'll be the first to post any and all negative feedback about Camber (learned my lesson? Me? You must be kidding...)

Yes where ?? where did i say that ?

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    No people sit down in 'groups' together laugh together etc, and I can tell you from a friends expereince (not me !!) it can be very lonely sitting there on your own

At the end of the day both have merits but i wouldnt suggest one is better then the other its personal choice
    Urm, here.

Thread Information