Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novelty and fad dances

Ceroc Franchisee & Teacher cerocmetro's Avatar

Re: Novelty and fad dances

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    yes, it's still around and popular (although a much smaller scene than MJ or Salsa), i go about 3 times a week and love it!!!! However its changed quite alot from the song which made it famous over here, its now slower and includes alot more body movement than could be done with the faster tracks. Its now danced to zouk music!
    oo oo I lurve Lambada, but didn't have the Gladiator type body that many of the men had. so never got many dances, just drooled at the couples who looked amazing. Still think it is one of the best "fads" ever

"went to Warmwell a couple of years ago and the highlight of the classes for me was a couple teaching the "Shake your tail feather" routine.

The woman teacher was absolutely brilliant and so so enthusiastic she had obviously taught it many times before but she was infectious had all the audience in awe.

She had even found out the bits of the dance that where cut from the film in the editing suite but that actually went along with the song.

The class over ran and encore after encore was requested from all the participants.

Might be a good idea for another weekender.

Any one recall who the teacher was????"

Hi,

I believe this was me ! Someone stopped me at Rock Bottms recently and said someone was talking about me. Not getting on the ole forum much I'ver had to search.
    I taught that a few years running at Warmwell and have to say that the crowd there are just up for anything, Great laugh, that great big huggable DJ is awsome too which always helps.
    Thanks for the booost :-)
    Hev Mate

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Hevmate
    "went to Warmwell a couple of years ago and the highlight of the classes for me was a couple teaching the "Shake your tail feather" routine.

The woman teacher was absolutely brilliant and so so enthusiastic she had obviously taught it many times before but she was infectious had all the audience in awe.

She had even found out the bits of the dance that where cut from the film in the editing suite but that actually went along with the song.

The class over ran and encore after encore was requested from all the participants.

Might be a good idea for another weekender.

Any one recall who the teacher was????"

Hi,

I believe this was me ! Someone stopped me at Rock Bottms recently and said someone was talking about me. Not getting on the ole forum much I'ver had to search.
    I taught that a few years running at Warmwell and have to say that the crowd there are just up for anything, Great laugh, that great big huggable DJ is awsome too which always helps.
    Thanks for the booost :-)
    Hev Mate
    That's because you are a star!

I remember a few years ago, going with you to help you teach this routine somewhere in Norfolk (I think). You'd been at the Rivoli filming all day, then we had a to do a really mad dash to get there in time, on the way we had quite a bad car accident (head-on), but decided we could keep driving (both lights were working) and worry about it when we got there. We got there just in the nick of time, both a bit flustered, and you completely shattered, and more than a little upset by the accident, you went on stage, and taught the class with so much energy and a fantastic sense of fun. The whole class really got into it, and really enjoyed themselves, and nobody would ever have guessed the nightmare you'd just been through.

And there was another time, you taught it at Beach Boogie, having only just woken up five minutes before the class, having spent the night asleep under the stars (and a very thin blanket) and woken up covered in dew! Always the professional!

And there was another time, you taught it at Beach Boogie, having only just woken up five minutes before the class, having spent the night asleep under the stars (and a very thin blanket) and woken up covered in dew! Always the professional![/QUOTE]

Aw thanks mate (cheques in the post - no , it really is )
    Was the time you mention that night we had a midnight picnic with that German Teacher? I recall a very cold night and not enough booze to warm us up! Fubn tho

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Hevmate
    And there was another time, you taught it at Beach Boogie, having only just woken up five minutes before the class, having spent the night asleep under the stars (and a very thin blanket) and woken up covered in dew! Always the professional!
    Aw thanks mate (cheques in the post - no , it really is )
    Was the time you mention that night we had a midnight picnic with that German Teacher? I recall a very cold night and not enough booze to warm us up! Fubn tho [/QUOTE]
    That was the one, that was a long, cold night! Definately fun though!

Thread Information