Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Done anything silly recently ?

Commercial Operator

Re: Done anything silly recently ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Much preferred your version DD, which i know CJ is aware of, as i mouthed to him " what the f***k is this" whilst attempting to be led by my poor partner,must of been the worst track i've ever tried to dance too!
    Hmmmmm..........ever tried dancing WCS to 2-4-6-8 Motorway......

i mouthed to him " what the f***k is this"
    Di please PM me with the details of this 5 letter swear word.

I think I am glad it was posted on this thread!

Blog Entries

Much preferred your version DD, which i know CJ is aware of, as i mouthed to him " what the f***k is this" whilst attempting to be led by my poor partner,must of been the worst track i've ever tried to dance too!
    I'm sorry, whilst I'm now extremely fond of you for guessing my age better* than Brady, I must respectfully disagree. The original, played by CJ, was so much fun to dance to.

*Brady's was more accurate, but I prefered Cruella's guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Ok, here goes ....

About 2 years ago, I pulled a muscle in my back, just after getting out the bath. In utter agony, I managed to reach up to the medicine cabinet and grab a tube of Deep Heat. With quite a struggle, I finally rubbed some into my back - I could feel the relief starting almost straight away.....bliss!.

Alas, my bliss was about to be short lived! Before I had a chance to wash my hands, I developed an itch in the place all us men seem to develop itches . Without a moment's thought, I naturally scratched them. For a split second, nothing......then the searing pain started!.

I quickly discovered that touching one's nuts with hands covered in Deep Heat, was not a very good idea! The track "Great balls of fire" was on my mind for hours!

Now you might think that's silly?...well......

Last week while playing football, I strained the muscle? that joins the top of the leg to the groin. I was keen to go dancing that night, so I opted for some Deep Heat again.

With the painful memories of the last occasion still haunting me, I thought I'd be a little bit wiser this time. I very carefully moved my delicate bits to the side with one hand, and gently applied the cream to the affected area with my other. So far so good, I'd avoided repeating the bad experience. How clever was I, eh? ....basically, I was about to become very stupid indeed!!

I stood up, completely forgetting about the laws of gravity, and therefore where things would end up All it took, was one little brush against the treated area.....of course, my immediate reaction was to grab everything below and try to move them out the way....only I did it with both hands, thereby adding even more Deep Heat to the bits that were already starting to burn!

I have no idea what my neighbour thought I was up to that day, but I'm sure she must have heard me screaming "Oh FFFS!! why did I do that again!!!"

Its only 5am and think i have woken my neighbours up laughing! I remember an old boyfriend having a simular experience. He decided to cook me a chilli but needed to go to the loo. With the screaming I heard I thought he had caught it in the zipper.

I experienced something very silly being done to me this morning.

I was sitting in traffic waiting to get onto the M40 and in the lane next to me was a minibus of squaddies trying to get my attention. They finally got my full attention when they passed me on the motorway and all the guys in the back were lined up mooning me

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    Hmmmmm..........ever tried dancing WCS to 2-4-6-8 Motorway......
    That was fun though! Certainly a new experience!

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Di please PM me with the details of this 5 letter swear word.

I think I am glad it was posted on this thread!
    But i was in scotland, they spell things differently up there! Well they certainly do some strange stuff, like holding their breath whilst driving through a certain tunnel, punching the person next to them when they see a VW Beetle, dog piling I discovered some very unusual scottish traditions. Thanks Dave and Brady you've certainly broadened my horizons.

But i was in scotland, they spell things differently up there! Well they certainly do some strange stuff, .... punching the person next to them when they see a VW Beetle....
    Not just a Scottish thing! Haven't done it for years though, all grown up now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Not just a Scottish thing! Haven't done it for years though, all grown up now...
    I'd never heard of it before, so i hit him back (twice as hard)

punching the person next to them when they see a VW Beetle
    I used to play that game with my sister, but it was yellow cars. She is younger than me but usually managed to thump me harder than I thumped her

I'd never heard of it before, so i hit him back (twice as hard)
    Did he say (reaching back into my memory, could be incorrect!) 'punch buggy X' (X being the colour of the Beetle)? And does it apply to the new Beetles, or only the old ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Did he say (reaching back into my memory, could be incorrect!) 'punch buggy X' (X being the colour of the Beetle)? And does it apply to the new Beetles, or only the old ones?
    Yep that was it. It was a new one so i guess it applies to both. Apparently in America it's 'Slug Bug X'
    The funniest thing was the 'Dog Pile' We used to call it 'Bundle' when we were kids. Dave and Brady tried to do this at the end of Route 66, threw themselves on top of each other on the floor and shouted 'Dog Pile' No one else joined in though and we just all stood there looking at them as if they had gone mad! Which IMO made it even funnier. It was really one of those 'had to be there' moments.

Blog Entries

done anything silly? Pah! I'm currently sitting queueing on Oxford St waiting for the Virgin Megastore to open its doors. Does this count as the silliest place to post from?

Me and Dee did something! Not sure whether its was silly, dreadful, funny or what but we would like to share it with you!

Last year Dee rang me to say that dads grave had sunken and could I come and sort it out with her at the weekend. I agreed and armed with top soil, plants etc met her at the graveyard. This particular grave yard is built on a steep hill and the graves are on levels going down the hill. Row A is on the top and Row Z on the bottom. Dad was buried on Row L half way down. Anyway we put the top soil on a levelled it out. We arranged all the plants and made it look really pretty. There was one thing missing but i couldnt think what. Dee suggested we go get some water from the tap. I went with her and spotted a loved new grave with fresh turf. I turned and looked at Dee "no way" she said and just knew what was on my mind. We got some water and past that grave again. "ah come on Dee" "no bloody way" she shouted. I looked around and saw many people visiting graves, praying etc. I then decided to look for my friends grave and almost an hour later i found it. I placed a few flowers and said a few words. By this time the graveyard was empty so i suggested to Dee that we go and say a few words at dad graveside. We were just approaching that newly turfed grave when Dee said "ok lets nick it"! So I yanked off this huge piece of turf from the grave (gosh was it heavy). Dee was shouting for me to hurry before anyone sees. My legs were bending with the weight and snails were climbing up my body. Got to dads grave and threw this 6 foot piece of grass on to the grave. We then had to bed it in by jumping all over the grave. We were laughing our heads off saying if dad could see us now. A few minutes later we stopped and calmed ourselves. Pushing our hair away from our faces we looked up the hill to see 3 horrified faces staring at us in disbelief. We were so embarrassed and ran off to the car as quickly as possible. We kept away from the graveyard for a few weeks incase we were recognised. Dads grave looks so good now and the grass grows lovely. Shame the other grave is still waiting for his piece.

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Oh my bl**dy god, jesus have mercy on me for i have sinned.
    surely that is not the funniest thing?
    but guess we sisters will do anything for our family

Quote Originally Posted by Missy D
    Me and Dee did something! Not sure whether its was silly, dreadful, funny or what but we would like to share it with you!

Last year Dee rang me to say that dads grave had sunken and could I come and sort it out with her at the weekend. I agreed and armed with top soil, plants etc met her at the graveyard. This particular grave yard is built on a steep hill and the graves are on levels going down the hill. Row A is on the top and Row Z on the bottom. Dad was buried on Row L half way down. Anyway we put the top soil on a levelled it out. We arranged all the plants and made it look really pretty. There was one thing missing but i couldnt think what. Dee suggested we go get some water from the tap. I went with her and spotted a loved new grave with fresh turf. I turned and looked at Dee "no way" she said and just knew what was on my mind. We got some water and past that grave again. "ah come on Dee" "no bloody way" she shouted. I looked around and saw many people visiting graves, praying etc. I then decided to look for my friends grave and almost an hour later i found it. I placed a few flowers and said a few words. By this time the graveyard was empty so i suggested to Dee that we go and say a few words at dad graveside. We were just approaching that newly turfed grave when Dee said "ok lets nick it"! So I yanked off this huge piece of turf from the grave (gosh was it heavy). Dee was shouting for me to hurry before anyone sees. My legs were bending with the weight and snails were climbing up my body. Got to dads grave and threw this 6 foot piece of grass on to the grave. We then had to bed it in by jumping all over the grave. We were laughing our heads off saying if dad could see us now. A few minutes later we stopped and calmed ourselves. Pushing our hair away from our faces we looked up the hill to see 3 horrified faces staring at us in disbelief. We were so embarrassed and ran off to the car as quickly as possible. We kept away from the graveyard for a few weeks incase we were recognised. Dads grave looks so good now and the grass grows lovely. Shame the other grave is still waiting for his piece.

The silliest thing I have done recently is agree to give a full body wax to a certain forumite aka CJ, for charity!!!

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Peaches
    The silliest thing I have done recently is agree to give a full body wax to a certain forumite aka CJ, for charity!!!
    Hey i don't think that is silly would be a pleasure to de hair CJ

Commercial Operator

Today I did something very stupid. I needed to get an early start on the day so I set my alarm for 5.30am. I'd been working on the PC for quite some time when I glanced at the clock in the bottom right of the screen. It said 5.20am!!!

I'd forgotten to re-set my alarm on Sunday morning and had got up at 4.30am

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    Today I did something very stupid. I needed to get an early start on the day so I set my alarm for 5.30am. I'd been working on the PC for quite some time when I glanced at the clock in the bottom right of the screen. It said 5.20am!!!

I'd forgotten to re-set my alarm on Sunday morning and had got up at 4.30am

I hope you made use of your time youngman

Thread Information