Thread: Who is everyone???

Who is everyone???

Having just joined the forums, I don't know who everyone is and I've very little chance of ever hooking up aliases to faces unless people post photographs of themselves.

I have been dancing for 8 years now and know loads and loads of people. Can you believe no-one ever mentioned the forum to me until friday night at Banbury (so I joined up of course - admittedly mainly to try and contact the gorgeous woman who mentioned it again!).

I would find much nicer if I could link up aliases to the people that I know and dance with, especially having been a regular in London/Hipsters for many years now despite living in Reading (and really only going in for Hammersmith now). I feel people on this forum are always willing to be accountable for their posts, so identity shouldn't be a major issue and we are dealing with a group of people who almost exclusively over 18 too.

It would also be nice when visiting new venues, which I do quite a bit if I recognised someone from their forum photograph.

I really don't understand why people (within the context of the Ceroc discussion board) don't post up their photographs, it's not like a normal chat area where all the pretty ones are going to get unrealistic amounts of hassle from unbelievably sleezy and forward guys who you simply can't kick in the nuts bcos they're not stood right in front of you.

Also, I couldn't find an appropriate place to post this thread, so here will have to do (unless they move it!!!)

Blog Entries

Re: Who is everyone???

Have a peek at this thread. It's been going for ages & has most people's photos.

(I've pointed at the newest posts - but just keep scrolling backwards!)

TiggsTours

Ah, Stewart, I know how you feel, I found it frustrating when I first joined, but you soon meet up with plenty of people. I'd be happy to introduce to any other forumites I know, when I see you at dances.

TT.

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Ah, Stewart, I know how you feel, I found it frustrating when I first joined, but you soon meet up with plenty of people. I'd be happy to introduce to any other forumites I know, when I see you at dances.

TT.
    I think that goes for most forumites.. once you know a few of us.. when you go to venues we will always introduce you to others.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    I think that goes for most forumites.. once you know a few of us.. when you go to venues we will always introduce you to others.
    And if you are lucky you will be shown the special forum handshake and given the lapel pin for when we go incognito.

Hope to meet you soon ...shh..

Come to T-Jive this Sunday - lots of us forumites will be there, it is such a friendly place you will soon find out who we all are and............ you will have a fab afternoon too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Come to T-Jive this Sunday - lots of us forumites will be there, it is such a friendly place you will soon find out who we all are and............ you will have a fab afternoon too
    Except for those of us who will be at Rock Bottoms! (getting really excited now, bouncing's in full flow!)

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M

or Ashtons , who different hand shake

Commercial Operator

Or Peterculter, who shake the, erm, nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    And if you are lucky you will be shown the special forum handshake and given the lapel pin for when we go incognito.
    Hey I love the idea of a larel pin, where do I sign up?! How many times do you walk down the street somewhere and wonder how many of the people passing are jivers?! I was thinking a subtle tatoo would say we're part of a club but if it's subtle then it's not obvious when passing in the street! It's like a whole undercover world of mystery so I think lapel pins are just the ticket!!!

Talking Re: Who is everyone???

Thanks guys (and gals), it's really great getting to know everyone.

I look forward to a few more intros now......

Stu (or Stuart, please note the spelling!!!)

I wish I'd chosen my forum name as Stuart_Reading, but then I'm a muppet when it comes to these things

Quote Originally Posted by forsyths
    Can you believe no-one ever mentioned the forum to me until friday night at Banbury
    Gosh, you'll be telling us next that you've never heard of:
    www.lyndaslist.com
    www.jiveoholic.org.uk
    www.uk-jive.co.uk
    www.cerocforum.com
    www.cerocwiki.com

and of course

www.afterfive.co.uk

SpinDr

Quote Originally Posted by spindr
    and of course

www.afterfive.co.uk

SpinDr
    Which you can also find via my list - it is the best of the rest as far as I am concerned

Minnie M (aka Lyndaslist - with a Y )

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    or Ashtons , who different hand shake

I swear from my 1,600th post and hence forward, ill at least look at what I post before I press the submit button

I did get O level English

so I meant " or Ashtons, who DO a different hand shake" . The punch line is lost if the . are missing

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    I swear from my 1,600th post and hence forward, ill at least look at what I post before I press the submit button

I did get O level English

so I meant " or Ashtons, who DO a different hand shake" . The punch line is lost if the . are missing
    I do that all the time, your fingers are too quick

--ooOoo--

Thread Information