Re: Sun 30th Oct - London

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    Me too!

ZW

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    Some confusion going on here?

Saturday Night:

Hammersmith Town Hall - Ceroc freestyle. Big hall usually crowded, shin protection recommended.

Sunday Afternoon:

Ashtons T Jive - Ceroc freestyle (Chill-out Lounge)2.30 -6.30, with 1 hour of ballroom music at the start . Cake and a VERY BIG FAN.

Hammersmith (Kent House) - Amir's T jive, Very small hall, slower more interesting music. Class 2-3PM Freestyle to Marc's music 3 - 5.30PM. Cake.

ZW
    why is it so confusing that I'm free on saturday
    Am I not aloud a day of work!!

Quote Originally Posted by senorita
    why is it so confusing that I'm free on saturday
    Am I not aloud a day of work!!

the thread is about Sunday!!!

the aloud you want is allowed...

you did ask?

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    and I think the OF of which she speaks might be OFF (hey this pedant thing is fun! Move over DJ )
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for all your opinions. From the sound of it, T-Jive just has the edge for Sunday, so that's where I'll be!

I've packed my bags tonight for the following:-

Thurs - Fulham
    Fri - Chimes
    Sat - My Mum's 60th Bday (so no dancing or watching SCD3 )
    Sun - T-Jive

Ceroc London have stupidly sent me free tickets for the first two

See you all there!

Thanks again.
    FM

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    the thread is about Sunday!!!

you did ask?
    Okoy dokay....I'm just off to school to learn how to read threads properly & spelling school too...
    see you when I've grown up
    Last edited by senorita; 27th-October-2005 at 09:15 AM.

Cool Re: Sun 30th Oct - London

Looks like today will be my first Jango experience then

Not sure I'll make the class though, but it does sound like fun, guess I'll try and park on the M4 J10 around 12:45!

Thumbs up Re: Sun 30th Oct - London

Well Jango T-Jive was brilliant!!!!! I have to say everyone was wonderful and so nice to meet so many lovely forumites

The event met my definition of a good evening (event) which is:
    You get to the end of it and there are still people left that you want to dance with but didn't get the chance

Well done Amir et al... and a very eeeenteresting class too!

Quote Originally Posted by forsyths
    Well Jango T-Jive was brilliant!!!!! I have to say everyone was wonderful and so nice to meet so many lovely forumites

You get to the end of it and there are still people left that you want to dance with but didn't get the chance

Well Ashtons was S***. The music s**** compared to last week. How they can allow such a change of music at the same venue I dont know I dont want 1950/60s music that got to 22 in the USA charts or NOW 4 tract 7 and NOW 2 tract 5. I NEVER known such a change at a venue

Was half the nos there to start and 1/10th the number there at the end compared to last week

ps thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by forsyths

Yep, another great great t-jive Thankyou to all who organised and helped out with this. You make this dancer very happy
    I have to apologise though. I had to resfuse about 3 dances this afternoon. At just after 5 oclock my lack of sleep all weekend really hit me. I thought at one point I was going to keel over but I didnt
    I had to sit down and just stop. So good watching such superb dancers going for it though Sorry to all those I had to say no too.

For balance, the positive and negative from my point of view.

+
    Marc' set was, again, simply divine Challenging on so many levels.

The standard of dancing was again 1st class. Its like a who's who of the dance world.
    There were 2 people there that I spoke to who had not been before. I asked them what they thought of it. They mentioned they loved it but felt out of their depth. I found it interesting, after the recent discussions, that they did not find it unfriendly in the slightest. One of them actually used the word 'relaxed'. The last time i chatted to them, before i wimped out and sat down, I was left with the impression that they would make the t-jive a regular event purely to open up their dancing ability in different directions. A very nice thing to hear.

The usual t-jive goodies. Cakes, teas etc. Lovely

The excellent and considerate floorcraft of, pretty much, all of the dancers. Given the amount of people this deserves a big

-
    It felt as though it has got to the point where they simply cannot get any more people in. The dancefloor was getting a little crowded (see below).
    I mentioned to Amir afterwards how good the turn out was. He mentioned that, if anything, it was a little down on last time but due to the even balance of men/women there were more people dancing at any one time. Interesting. A pretty full venue though - which I guess is good.

The one guy exception to the considerate floorcraft point above. Airsteps and drops were not simply stupid they were physical dangerous with that many people around. I believe somebody might have said something to him. IMO he needs to be asked to exercise consideration and, if he does it again, should be thrown out and banned. (I will be happy to do it )

Although VERY tired it was another Sunday to savour.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    .... He mentioned that, if anything, it was a little down on last time but due to the even balance of men/women there were more people dancing at any one time. Interesting. A pretty full venue though - which I guess is good.......
    Enjoyed yesterday, but for me, not as much as the last T-Dance and personally I thought there were quite a few more women than men. I only usually ask the men sitting out to dance, consequently I did not have that many dances although did have one of those 'special' dances with DavidB (that by itself made the afternoon worthwhile)

Did enjoy using the time not dancing to catch up with the social bit, chatting to the girlies

BTW didn't it feel strange going home in the dark

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Music was lush, well done Marc. I think it was slightly too busy on the dancefloor, i'm sporting a lovely bruise from a ladies heel! Did seem to get bumped a few times, i did wonder if it was my fault but others confirmed the same thing was happening to them! Had amazing dances all afternoon. Had my first ever dance with Amir so worth the wait!! Paul F you are forgiven for turning me down as you really didn't look too good and i didn't want to be the one responsible for you keeling over! There were about 10 extra ladies over, so well done you men for keeping going and keeping us all happy. Toby i'm still thinking about how i can start that thread without photographic evidence!

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Music was lush, well done Marc.

I was in seventh heaven all afternoon!! If I could describe my perfect afternoons music, that would be it!!!

It's restored my faith, after experiencing what i'll politly describe as a few dodgy nights last week

And, I didn't even 'think' about eating a chocolate cake all aftenoon well at least till I was driving home

Well done Marc
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Same as the rest of the opinions about yesterday but was in dance heaven

Marc- You are 'da man'

Had FAB dances with the 'who's who' of dancers all afternoon but as there were more women, also got to spend quality time gossiping.

Thanks to Cruella also for a great dance too.

Was disappointed that I did not get to dance with everyone I wanted to dance with and talking to some of the guys too, they felt that too but the dances I did get were worth it!!

Still making T-Jive a regular event!!

Having started this thread, I really ought to thank you all for your contributions. As I said I would above, I went to the T-Jive yesterday.

Not having done much Jango before, the class was a bit tricky. Talking to the rotating ladies, most of them hadn't done it much before either. Amir and Cat make it look easy...

In the assembled crowd, I had only previously identified Tessalicious and Under Par as Forumites, although I recognised lots of people from Weekenders and other trips to London. I plucked up the courage to mention the forum to a randomly chosen lady that happened to be Dizzy. Diz then proceeded to rattle off the Forum names of just about everyone in the room , which I promptly forgot.

I noticed the m/f imbalance too. Perhaps 2pm is to early to get out of bed on Sunday for some men, even with the clocks going back .

As for the bumping - sorry

Quote Originally Posted by FirstMove
    Having started this thread, I really ought to thank you all for your contributions. As I said I would above, I went to the T-Jive yesterday.

Not having done much Jango before, the class was a bit tricky. Talking to the rotating ladies, most of them hadn't done it much before either. Amir and Cat make it look easy...
    :
    Amir and Cat certainly make it look amazing. Sorry I didn't meet you, no one pointed you out to me so I didn't know you were there, although I did do the lesson (well, most of it.. ) So I probably danced with you and dont even know it! Happens like that sometimes.

Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    Hammersmith may be good but, if you can get there, I would strongly consider JagJives venue at Gt Bookham, Leatherhead.
    Only been to one of their nights before but it was really really good. Good dancers, good music and well run.

I have copied the note from uk-jive.

--------------
    Our home venue in Great Bookham is a charming character venue with two rooms - modern jive in the Old Barn Hall and swing & blues in the adjoining Harrison Hall. The Old Barn Hall has an excellent sprung dance floor and a cathedral ceiling with original oak beams.
    We ALWAYS restrict numbers to 50% of the fire limit, to provide sufficient space for dancers. Almost all dances sell out in advance.
    John is also resident DJ at Stompin' Fridays in Hove & the quarterly Events For Charity dances at Hove Town Hall.

Popular & friendly venue attracting dancers from all over the South. 2 Halls (Modern + Swing & Blues). Top DJs. Juice/water at cost, byo alcohol. Free tea & coffee. Advanced reservations recommended.
    The Old Barn Hall, Bookham, 55 Church Road, Great Bookham, Leatherhead
    Starts at : 19:45
    Ticket price : £6
    Door price (if available) : £7
    Non-smoking venue

-----------------

I have never been but Sheepy made it 4 people who have now recommended this venue to me. Must be something in it!
    Thanks for this info Paul, will make a trip one day

Quote Originally Posted by senorita
    Thanks for this info Paul, will make a trip one day
    Just to follow up what I said in the other thread, this night was simply superb. Well worth trying.

Just echoing everything that has been said.
    T-jive at Hammersmith was absolutely brilliant. Fab music Mark. Wonderful ladies, first time in ages that I've been to a venue, danced non stop and not been able to dance with all the ladies I wanted to dance with.
    Stacked floor, great floorcraft, very few bumps, and always a smile and apology - how very different from Hammersmith the night before

Also first time for ages that I didn't have a single dodgy dance, certainly due to fab followers who coped admirable with my slightly unpredicatable attempts at muscial interpretation.

Really nice to meet all the forumites, more this weekend than last weekend at the BFG.

I've been made to promise not to broadcast T-jive too much, but I will be back with some other Devonian leads.

Special thanks to Cruella for dragging me along.

Nick

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by animaltalk
    I've been made to promise not to broadcast T-jive too much, but I will be back with some other Devonian leads.

Special thanks to Cruella for dragging me along.

Nick
    I didn't drag you, you came willingly!

Thread Information