Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sun 30th Oct - London

Re: Sun 30th Oct - London

Quote Originally Posted by animaltalk
    Really nice to meet all the forumites, more this weekend than last weekend at the BFG.
    Im really dissapointed I didnt get to meet you and FirstMove (and indeed any other forumite i dont know)

I wasnt really with it yesterday but hopefully you will both be there again soon so I may get the chance to say hello

Quote Originally Posted by animaltalk
    Really nice to meet all the forumites, more this weekend than last weekend at the BFG.

And it was very nice to meet all the Devon forumites that came on sunday - Animaltalk (Nick), Thewurlizerrocks (Nick) and Ickle Chick'n (Lara) are all lovely.

Well that was a near perfect afternoon .

Low Points:

N.Circular closed, got lost , arrived too late for the class.

Very crowded floor, mostly no problems but I had 8 collisions with the same guy and his various partners! He was trying to do full on tango on a crowded floor. Full marks for trying , no marks for floorcraft. I was dancing for the first time ever with my toes out, so was extra nervous about being trodden on.

M/F imbalance still noticable but not as tough as last month.

The class overran by 15 minutes, it did look like a great class, but missing those freestyle minutes was agony for us.

High Points:
    The mood created by the music WOW! It all just flowed, great stuff (the slow Havana, THANK YOU Marc ), and loads of new stuff too - nothing upset the flow, it was a fascinating musical journey. Not one pop song either, wall to wall obscure crap.

Marc recived a massive round of applause at the end, very well deserved too IMO...

The Devon Contingent , more please next time .

ZW

The Perfect Woman!

mmmmmm a lovely afternoon, and some fab music....

A few more men would have made the afternoon perfect, but then I can never have enough men...

Some gorgeous dances, and it was really nice to dance with Thewulitzerrocks and to meet and dance with animaltalk.........

Trouble is I'm getting spoilt, and having to travel further afield to find the music and men that I enjoy dancing with.....

Many thanks to Amir and Marc for making the t-jive a most pleasurable sunday afternoon.

Wish I'd been earlier and participated in Amirs class as the merging of jive & tango looked smooth and relaxed. Very good class and I borrowed the moves anyway.

The afternoons dancing was inspiring, chilled and friendly, as always, and the fantastic music allowed scope for all dancers to explore avenues beyond the usual ceroc drone. The down side being that I'm leaving other dance venues feeling disappointed by the lack of quality music. If we could put 25% of the t-jive into our other nights dancing, we would be happy! I don't think that's a lot to ask?

The social element was great and all the dances left me feeling fulfilled and grateful to all those generous ladies...but the afternoon dance always draws to a close far too quickly . The mood was perfect and the scene was perfectly complimented by the dimmed lighting for the latter part of the afternoon.(Lights down earlier please Amir)

I don't get the same calm, rewarding influence from any other venue and I don't know whether I dare say this but.....it felt almost romantic It is a fantastic experience to find yourself lost in the music with all those special people. Thanks to lory for introducing me to this as I may never of ventured here without her direction. ( I hate it when she is always right )

Very strange close to leave to a dark, drizzly night.

Oh....and I had a roast dinner waiting for me when I got home. What more could a man want.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy
    And it was very nice to meet all the Devon forumites that came on sunday - Animaltalk (Nick), Thewurlizerrocks (Nick) and Ickle Chick'n (Lara) are all lovely.
    "Thewurlizerrocks" - that's what he was trying to say on Friday! No wonder I couldn't hear properly, who could expect to understand someone introduced with "He's Thewurlizerrocks"...?

What's wrong with "Nick"? Nick's good...

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady

Trouble is I'm getting spoilt, and having to travel further afield to find the music and men that I enjoy dancing with.....
    Further afield............... try getting back to Stafford It was worth it what a FAB weekend. It was nice to meet so many of you all and get the chance for a dance

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady

Try six hours on the train, but oh it was worth it!Thanks to all you guys for some truly mind - blowing dances - tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella guessing as never asked your name at the time!of course rachel and any others that i happened to foget, you know how dippy i am with names!

The music was sublime, i highly recommend going to this event slightly tired
    as it seemed to create the closest a freestyle could get to the atmosphere in the blues room at southport. Never before have i got to such a dreamlike state in such a short amount of time!

Floorcraft was the tops, i think there would be little room on the floor with the number there was if no one was moving, let alone grooving around-emphasizing the high standard of dancing there!

This event was special and individual, something you need in amongst the "consistency" of ceroc.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewurlitzerrocks
    Try six hours on the train, but oh it was worth it!Thanks to all you guys for some truly mind - blowing dances - tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella guessing as never asked your name at the time!of course rachel and any others that i happened to foget, you know how dippy i am with names!
    Yes that was me, thank you for the dance. Always nice to see some fresh meat, oops i mean faces.

Quote Originally Posted by thewurlitzerrocks
    ........- tessaliscious, sparkles Divissima,zebra women, just wiggle, msfab, foxy lady,lily b, fink it was cruella ........
    I didn't meet you - or have a dance

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    I was dancing for the first time ever with my toes out, so was extra nervous about being trodden on.
    And what lovely toes they were too... no I don't have a foot fettish but spent much of the time I wasn't dancing (and some of the time I was) distracted by your lovely sparkly shoes!!!!

Can't say anymore than has already been said, I had an absolutely fab time, still on a high from the whole weekend, thanks to all the lovely guys for great dances, Amir and Cat for a good class (will never float like Cat but was truely insired!), to Dizzy and the lovely friendly girlies for chats and to SF for introducing me to it all, such a star!!!

Still on a high now, looking forward to camber in the hopes of seeing all the London lovelies again!!!

Yay, thanks guys for a great time!

Thread Information