Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Videoing practice sessions

Re: Videoing practice sessions

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    If anyone has any ideas on how to play a video clip rotated 90 degrees I would love to know.
    If you have Windows XP, then you have the built in Movie Maker. Once you've captured your footage, step 2 (Edit Movie) has an option to 'View video effects'. One of the effects you can apply, is 'Rotate 90 deg' (or even 180).

It's possibly not the best software available, but it's a certainly a useful starting point. If you have XP Service Pack 2 installed, you should also have Windows Movie Maker vers 2, which will allow you to save your edited movie back to the camcorder.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    If you have Windows XP, then you have the built in Movie Maker. Once you've captured your footage, step 2 (Edit Movie) has an option to 'View video effects'. One of the effects you can apply, is 'Rotate 90 deg' (or even 180).

It's possibly not the best software available, but it's a certainly a useful starting point. If you have XP Service Pack 2 installed, you should also have Windows Movie Maker vers 2, which will allow you to save your edited movie back to the camcorder.

HTH
    Ahh! Thats really useful.

Thankyou so much

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    I need to get myself a tripod too. Did you get the really small one or a big one? Does the small one allow you to angle the camera ie. point it up/down etc?
    I got a dinky little tripod for £15 which seems to be well engineered. I can't remember who makes it but I think I've got the receipt somewhere at home. You can rotate and angle the camera but I've not tried setting it up with the camera on its side. I'll give that a go!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    If you have Windows XP, then you have the built in Movie Maker
    Thanks for that. I need to edit a sound file on a clip I took with the Pentax to get rid of some distortion. I'll have a play with Movie Maker and see if that will do it.

Thread Information