Thread: Trying to run over muggers in your car

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Trying to run over muggers in your car

Quote Originally Posted by The Times. Saturday October 15, 2005
    Motorist drove at muggers
    A railway engineer who drove his car into two muggers has been spared a prison sentence.

Anthony Larkins was accosted by two armed men in a public lavatory in Stockwood Park, Luton, one evening in May last year. They robbed him of his wallet and credit cards and made off on foot.

Mr Larkins, of Luton, then came out, got into his Vauxhall Astra. As the men turned into a road, he drove on to the pavement and hit them. One caught a glancing blow but the other suffered a fractured pelvis. Mr Larkins, 45, immediately called for police and an ambulance, but the two men got away. But they left their weapons — a claw hammer and a chair leg — behind and were caught with the help of forensic scientists. Both men pleaded guilty to theft and possessing an offensive weapon and were jailed for nine months each.

Mr Larkins was convicted at Luton Crown Court last month of dangerous driving. Yesterday, at St Albans Crown Court, Judge Geoffrey Breen gave him a 14-month prison sentence suspended for 18 months and disqualified him from driving for 15 months.
    Did the judge(s) get it right?

Re: Trying to run over muggers in your car

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo

Quote Originally Posted by The Sunday Times. October 16, 2005

Judge Geffrey Brean was killed today following a hit-and-run accident.

Although neither the car that hit him, nor its driver, were identifiable due to its speed, witnesses reported hearing the words "Ha, reckon that's fast enough this time" from the driver's window as it hit the victim.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blimey, ESG's been taken over by the Spirit Of Stewart38...
    Yes, they did. There we go, end of discussion. That was easy.

A friend of mine had an interesting interaction with a "mugger" in kent a few years ago. He was driving a 5.3ltr xjs through kent where he was attacked in a road rage incident by a drunk whom he overtook who took exception to this and proceeded to harass him for a couple of miles with dangerous driving and eventually overtook him on a country road in the middle of nowhere and blocked the road.

This guy then proceeded to block the road with his car and his open drivers door and walk around the front of the jag with a large lump of wood with which to attack my friend. His response was to nudge forward hitting the attacker and leaving him lying on the bonnet. He then put his foot down, took the door of the car and left the guy with his nose pressed against the windscreen of a car that was capable of 153mph before it hit the first bend.

Needless to say, the car didn't hit 153mph, the attacker rolled off the bonnet of the car when it braked and swerved and my friend, having called the police, heard nothing other than they were sending a team to search the forest for a lump of wood.

With hindsight, I think he was the fool for calling the police. Needless to say, the attacker never reported it :-)

The Oracle

I first read this as "Trying to run over muggles in your car". I thought that may be a bit extreme as a new marketing approach for Ceroc.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    I first read this as "Trying to run over muggles in your car". I thought that may be a bit extreme as a new marketing approach for Ceroc.
    have to admit - I must be dislexic too, I read it as muggles too

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    Blimey, ESG's been taken over by the Spirit Of Stewart38...

Yes, they did. There we go, end of discussion. That was easy.
    Im sitting on the fence on this one (should be safe up here)

Daily Mail head would say yes, they shouldnt have been 'running' on a public foor path anyway

See what my 'new head' will say in a week or so and ill come back on it

Anthony Larkins was accosted by two armed men in a public lavatory in Stockwood Park, Luton, one evening in May last year. They robbed him of his wallet and credit cards and made off on foot.
    Sounds really dodgy to me. A group of guys handing out in a public toilet in a park one evening "stealing a wallet" and having to hand weapons.

Sounds like it could have been a bit of cottaging than went rather badly wrong. I'd be asking questions like how many other offences had taken place in or around that toilet
    • what is the toilet being used for?
    • and is there any danger to other members of the public?

The people concerned seemed to have their own way of handling the situation, which was right for them...
    but had personal consequences. A criminal record and no licence isn't an asset

One of my mates mugged in a railway station in London He is trained in Ai Kae Do and threw the mugger over his shoulder. The mugger pressed charges for assault, he had to make a statement and fortuneately charges weren't brought. This was 20 years ago. He's a very nice chap but today it could be different

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS
    One of my mates mugged in a railway station in London He is trained in Ai Kae Do and threw the mugger over his shoulder. The mugger pressed charges for assault, he had to make a statement and fortuneately charges weren't brought. This was 20 years ago. He's a very nice chap but today it could be different
    A friend or mine years ago was going to be mugged by two people in the high street and he threw one through a plate glass window

His solicitor said he would get off because there was two of them and he was right

If it had been 1 to 1 it would have been different but who knows

Thread Information