From the "teaching / real dancing experience" thread:
Quote Originally Posted by bigdjiver
The Ceroc organisation may suffer in a depression, but all we need to MJ is a reasonably flat surface and some music.
This got me wondering - what could change (socially, environmentally, technologically or otherwise) to kill of the MJ scene?

I couldn't think of anything, but it sounded very much like an OCP (Outside Context Problem). I knew excessive reading of Excession would pay off someday

Where:
-----------------
"An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop. The usual example given to illustrate an Outside Context Problem was imagining you were a tribe on a largish, fertile island; you'd tamed the land, invented the wheel or writing or whatever, the neighbours were cooperative or enslaved but at any rate peaceful and you were busy raising temples to yourself with all the excess productive capacity you had, you were in a position of near-absolute power and control which your hallowed ancestors could hardly have dreamed of and the whole situation was just running along nicely like a canoe on wet grass... when suddenly this bristling lump of iron appears sailless and trailing steam in the bay and these guys carrying long funny-looking sticks come ashore and announce you've just been discovered, you're all subjects of the Emperor now, he's keen on presents called tax and these bright-eyed holy men would like a word with your priests."
-----------------

(And, yes, it's a proper term - it must be, it has a Wikipedia entry )

So, any thoughts on what could kill the MJ dance scene off?