Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
You could be right - it may be impossible to turn the "beginner-oriented" model into a "cater for all stages" model. But if they don't, I think they'll have problems, simply because partner dancing in general is now more popular, more accessible, and less novel.

In other words, competition forces you to raise your game, and unless MJ wants to be known as "the beginner's dance", Ceroc may need to improve accordingly. FWIW, I think Mike mostly realises this, but it's far from easy to get franchisees to think long-term.
The biggest potential market still consists of non-dancers who want to learn to dance, and I believe Ceroc should continue to serve that market with the setup as it is now.

The MJ organisations have created a new market for people who want to dance different and/or better. The range of workshops available, at least in the Ceroc Central region, shows that Ceroc is capable of serving this market too. I believe other regions are responding too. "Storm" shows that Ceroc is rising to the challenge nationally as well.