Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greenwich Party Night

Re: Greenwich Party Night

Only 2 men tickets left

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Saxby
    Only 2 men tickets left

Mrs Par and I have managed to sort out 2 tickets and will be at Greenwich too

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    Mrs Par and I have managed to sort out 2 tickets and will be at Greenwich too

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!
    I will be there also
    I need to learn how to read a map every website seems to want to send me thru the middle of town oh deep joy

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird
    I will be there also
    I need to learn how to read a map every website seems to want to send me thru the middle of town oh deep joy

That reminds me must check multimap or ask Minnie Mouse for her sat nav directions don't want to be on the road all night!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by under par
    That reminds me must check multimap or ask Minnie Mouse for her sat nav directions don't want to be on the road all night!!!!

This is what the very Kind Russell Pm'd me...
    M25 should be a lot quicker providing no accidents etc

Come off at A2 at head towards London. You then want the Blackheath turn-off. Keep going straight through the lights, over the roundabout. Keep going (You will be surrounded by green grass etc. Greenwich Park will be on your right. You will start to go down hill. When you get to the lights at the bottom turn right and follow to the end. Turn left into Greenwich High Road.

You will pass Station and Novotel Hotel on your right and then the National tyre and exhaust place. Venue is next to that.

Park on main road.

Pretty simple - once you have hit the A2 you only have to get off at the correct exit and then take a right and left turn and you are there.

Thanks Russell your a star

Well I personally had a lovely night... great to put some faces to some names and lovely to see a few others again...

Thank you to... Kev F, Russell,Chris A, Paul F,CLR, Under Par, Stewart38 & Spin Dr for showing me how to dance properly!

Lovely to see Lory,MissyD,JustWiggles,Foxy Lady,TiggsTours & Divissima
    Great to meet Dan H & Rebecca

If I have missed anyone out im sorry but when you get (only just) passed 30 they say the memory is the first to go... or is it the hearing.. dunno oh well I had a great night anyway

Big Thank you to MissyD for fantastic ticket touting... your a star
    Last edited by WittyBird; 16th-October-2005 at 01:42 AM.

A really enjoyable evening - I like the size of venue, the amount of space for each dancer, new faces, mix of tunes, really easy drive from Finchley . Restricting ticket numbers and striving for a male / female balance is a big plus in my book.

Of course, the only problem - it was too brief. I know these venues give you only until midnight or so - and the crew were flying around to clear up after the last dance.

Thanks for all your hard work - I appreciate what you do - I hope you still get enjoyment putting them on. Greenwich Party Night deserves to be one of the "premier" events in the Ceroc calender.

Clive

Just got back now. So tired

Enjoyed tonight. I have never been to a venue that has genuinely restricted numbers before. The fact that there were great dancers to dance with with AND space to dance was brilliant.

The music was, well, allright. I knew TWK wouldnt get away with playing his usual Jango music I still quite liked the music. Quite a few of the old faithfulls and quite a few tracks that were way too fast for the heat.

About the heat... . It was very very hot. Apparently the heating had been on all day and into the evening Every time a fast song came on I pretty much ran for the balcony. It happens at many venues though with these systems on timers.

As long as I can find a better way of getting there from Woking I will defo go back. (took me 1hour 45 to go 37 miles )

Fab night Russell. Great dancers, great space, a real treat.
    Thanks to all the wonderful dancers who danced with me last night
    Sorry to those I didn't manage to dance with enough or even at all (you know who you are )

What a great night i had last night! Thank you so much to all the Greenwich team

So many forumites too lovely to see everyone Wittybird, Silverfox, Gus, Toby, Divisima, Bill, Bex, Simon R, Lory, Kev F, Foxy Lady, Feeling Pink, Sheepy, Chris A, Geordieed, Tiggs, Stewart 38 (sorry if i missed anyone).

Look forward to the next Greenwich party night in December

Quote Originally Posted by Alykat
    Sorry to those I didn't manage to dance with enough or even at all (you know who you are )

Nice pants by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Saxby

Nice pants by the way
    I assume we're talking trousers here?

If so, thanks, I thought they were kinda cool

Quote Originally Posted by Paul F
    Just got back now. So tired

Enjoyed tonight. I have never been to a venue that has genuinely restricted numbers before. The fact that there were great dancers to dance with with AND space to dance was brilliant.

The music was, well, allright. I knew TWK wouldnt get away with playing his usual Jango music I still quite liked the music. Quite a few of the old faithfulls and quite a few tracks that were way too fast for the heat.

About the heat... . It was very very hot. Apparently the heating had been on all day and into the evening Every time a fast song came on I pretty much ran for the balcony. It happens at many venues though with these systems on timers.

As long as I can find a better way of getting there from Woking I will defo go back. (took me 1hour 45 to go 37 miles )
    Didnt like the music far too many 'odd tunes' and very hot/warm

Put the music at Ashton there and it would have been better

Space in a way felt almost too much so one guy who kept spinging all the ladies around at 100mph kept hitting people, i move away for his own saftey

Some lovely dances though

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38

Grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38

Space in a way felt almost too much so one guy who kept spinging all the ladies around at 100mph kept hitting people, i move away for his own saftey

Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at - I thought the music was great from both DJs! Never got a chance to grab a dance off Dan (I'll have to have one at the christmas party, please?)

Thank you to all for all our dances! I couldnt possibly list everyone. (I wasnt on top form on saturday (Ramadan Fasting))

Loved having loads of room!

My 3rd greenwich party and each one gets better than the last! Big Thank you to the whole greenwich team

When can I book my Ticket for the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by Msfab
    Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at - I thought the music was great from both DJs! Never got a chance to grab a dance off Dan (I'll have to have one at the christmas party, please?)

Thank you to all for all our dances! I couldnt possibly list everyone. (I wasnt on top form on saturday (Ramadan Fasting))

Loved having loads of room!

My 3rd greenwich party and each one gets better than the last! Big Thank you to the whole greenwich team

When can I book my Ticket for the next one!
    Thanks for all the feedback.

As far as the heating. The venue switches it on in Sept and it stays in until spring, on a timer I think . but I will raise it with them again.

Also we are trying very hard to get an "official" extenison to midnight (and beyond if I get my way) but with the new licensing laws just around the corner everything is in turmoil... and the venue cannot get a straight answer on existing licences let alone for an extension. I will push again in the new year.

(Same goes for my Am Dram group council have no idea of the regulations and have told us when we do our Panto we may be breaking the law )

Music - Heard a few comments it was a bit too fast, which I don't agree with, but then again more often or not I was concentrating on the bar and the door. I shall let Dan (or Toby) pick that one up if they want to.

Have to say that when I did get to dance, I got to play around a fair bit - so the music must have been spot on.....then again I am biaised

As for tickets for the next one. SATURDAY 3RD DECEMBER.
    Hope to have them ready this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Msfab
    Sorry Stewart38, Not sure which Greenwich you at - I thought the music was great from both DJs! :

Have to agree, I really loved the music however it did seem very fast all night, and I was on the floor for most of it (although quite tipsy for the first half! ) so was quite exhausted by the time 11.45 rolled around. I s'pose loving the stuff that Twk plays I really loved his set which is why Jango is such a wonderful thing... everybody there loves the music and the people so we dont have the non-believers whinging about they couldn't dance to the music..

Thanks for the dance Russell!! Finally got a whole song and what a great dance it was!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Alykat
    I assume we're talking trousers here?
    Damn! I was too engrossed to notice the pants!

Nice top btw!

I had a good night, too many good dancers for me to get round all of them, but I did have to take a few breaks, after eating too much at the noodle bar beforehand

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    Damn! I was too engrossed to notice the pants!
    Now there's a quote!

Ok, the trousers passed the test and I'm convinced that they will not cause embarrassment during backhanders and such moves, I'll definitely wear them again soon! I seem to remember you had on some funky trousers too

Quote Originally Posted by Seepman
    Nice top btw!
    Why thank you sir

I'm glad I was deemed sartorially sound on Saturday

Must... shop... for... more... dance... outfits...

Most importantly, thanks for some wonderful dances Greg!

Sorry for the late posting but Mrs Par and I where both a little UNDER PAR on Saturday night. Not really feeling all that great we set off from the south coast with high expectations.
    we were not let down really good night loads of superb dancersand room to dance.
    Our joint feeling of unwell took the edge off our own personal night and I found I sat out more records in one evening than I have during the last six months.

My impression was that some of the music was too fast but not having much energy anyway probably aggravated my interpretation. It was always going to be faster music than jango(of which I am becoming more at ease with) and being a ceroc venue will possibly play a slightly more faster tracks than some other venues but the mix was good and there was plenty of tracks to play to.

I too am looking forward to December 3rd when I hope to be back in full health to dance the night away.

To all the Greenwich team you deserve a big pat on the back for the event you put on especially the male/female ratio, it works out great for all your customers(but especially the ladies who get a better chance to dance all night )

Thread Information