Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Club nights

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Feedback on Club nights

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA
    God forbid

"Experienced", please...
    When can I call myself mature ? Im not sure experienced covers it, far too general.

I am more experienced at being young.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    When can I call myself mature ? Im not sure experienced covers it, far too general.

Smurfs? Mature?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Smurfs? Mature?

thats why i asked

Re: Warmwell

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmanian Devil
    O.k pull up a chair, make a hot drink of your choice this could be a long one
    I was thinking about posting something about this - third time I've been, and now that I've seen a few alternatives, I still think this is a very good weekender. Nice mix of people, classes and music (in general).

I did all the classes except line dancing on Sunday morning after the clocks went forward. First class was best, even though it was supposed to be beginners jive - Taught by a couple from Kent? with some nice WCS style moves. The Lindy class (Graeme & Ann) seemed to work quite well, clearly lindy, but simple enough that people seemed to be able to pick it up. 2 convincing salsa and Cha-Cha-Cha classes, and a couple of 'musical interpretation' classes from Micky (2nd being fixed partner only, so it was lucky the numbers were balanced!). I was less impressed by the Swing (20's charleston) and blues classes, which I felt were over complicated and not very useful, or the 'intermediate' jive - which was a normal ceroc style demo of a routine with no teaching.

Definately agree with the comments about the DJ's music - quite a contrast to the bands which were mostly very good, if a little fast sometimes. A friendly and relaxed weekend...

Sean

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsh
    First class was best, even though it was supposed to be beginners jive - Taught by a couple from Kent? with some nice WCS style moves.
    That would be Chicklet and her husband from Dance Riviera

Glad you put something about the classes as I didn't even watch them

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

That would be Chicklet and her husband from Dance Riviera
    Did someone inform Chicklet that she was married ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Did someone inform Chicklet that she was married ?
    Sorry Chicklet I meant Chicky

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by tsh
    The Lindy class (Graeme & Ann) seemed to work quite well, clearly lindy, but simple enough that people seemed to be able to pick it up.
    G&A are our Lindy teachers in Bristol . They were a bit miffed to say the least when I spoke to them last night - apparently the Jive Aces cancelled late in the day (decided that a gig in the USA was better for them) & the replacement band on Sunday was too slow

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Warmwell weekender

On arrival there was no wait for the keys to the lodge, nice welcome and absolutley gorgeous complex!
    I've been there on a couple of 'non dancing' weekends, with family and friends and I agree, it's lovely

Do they still have the big round Jacuzzi's in the lodges? And the wave machine in the pool? And Roller skating? And Sauna's?

One place I loved when I was down there, was Durdle door, it's only about 15minutes away and well worth a visit!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I've been there on a couple of 'non dancing' weekends, with family and friends and I agree, it's lovely

Do they still have the big round Jacuzzi's in the lodges? And the wave machine in the pool? And Roller skating? And Sauna's?

One place I loved when I was down there, was Durdle door, it's only about 15minutes away and well worth a visit!
    Unsure about the jacuzzi's but yes to the rest!! I couldn't believe how beautiful the complex was

Shame I didn't get to see Durdle door it looks amazing

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Lory

Wow, want to make me do the Mary Poppins thing and jump into it!!! (I NEED A HOLIDAY!!!! ) Ok I'm actually considering going on one of the ceroc holidays now. Would love that. Sun, Sea, Sand, getting into that bikini and drinking cocktails and dance all night...what more can you ask for!

The Forum Legend

getting into that bikini ...what more can you ask for!
    The photos??

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    The photos??
    Oi u! I'm sure you seen enough of that when you were life guarding in America!

The Forum Legend

Oi u! I'm sure you seen enough of that when you were life guarding in America!
    You were there in a bikini when I was lifeguarding in America?? That was about 13 years ago. I'm sure that would have been just wrong...

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by TheTramp
    You were there in a bikini when I was lifeguarding in America?? That was about 13 years ago. I'm sure that would have been just wrong...
    You told me that remember?

Yes there wouldn't really have been to look at!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Urrrrrrr ... its Alec that all the complaints (see JiveCat) were about .....
    I've not seen that bloke at Chester and over the last 9 months (oooh i could have had a baby by now) I've become a hardened Chesterite.
    The normal guy who took over at midnite is a regular in that area I know that much.

Gus I think you need to to put your money where your mouth is on this one pay for Jivecat anyway - It's a bloody long way from Leicester for a dance.
    She (Jivecat) was correct, the first bloke whomever he may or may not be was rubbish. I don't know how others feel but some nights you only need one great dance - good tune with the right partner to make it a GOOD night. That night was pants I had one reasonable dance with a lady but it was a rock n roller and if I'd have had my choice I'd have danced it with some one else. but apart from that nothing was inspiring. There were a couple of blusey bits but when they came on pesonally I'd hit a low point and found it difficult to move my arse off the steps.

The point Jivecat made about the numbers dropping was spot on too. I didn't really think much about it but looking back it is soooooooo out of character on a Stockport Big Night Out to loose punters like that. Maybe I didn't notice cos I bottle at 12.5 anyway - It just wasn't worth another 45 mins of my time.

If i can throw the Trousers acme Twp Penneth into the pot at this junture too - Tell Mr Blitz he needs some more speakers. Two on Stockport stage and none down by the bar just does not work. If you are Mr Dee Jay next time make them bring two more speakers and stands and some bloody long leads.
    The last 3 times I have been there the quality of sound (without reference to the tracks here) is awful from half way up the room to the bar. Echo's, Fuzz add that to rubbish tracks and i went home like Jivecat wondering why I bothered. Unluckily I was at work in Ellesmere port on Sunday so luckily I only drove back to Chester (although that took 1.5 hours but thats another story)

Go on Gus sort 'em out.

Donna

If i can throw the Trousers acme Twp Penneth into the pot at this junture too - Tell Mr Blitz he needs some more speakers. Two on Stockport stage and none down by the bar just does not work. If you are Mr Dee Jay next time make them bring two more speakers and stands and some bloody long leads.
    This is the only problem with Stockport, is the sound quality. You're right, it's just fuzzy and can't be heard properly from the centre of the hall towards the bar. In a hall of that size, you need so surround the hall with speakers!

This is the only problem with Stockport, is the sound quality. You're right, it's just fuzzy and can't be heard properly from the centre of the hall towards the bar. In a hall of that size, you need so surround the hall with speakers!
    'snot the only problem Donna.
    Although I will say it's better of late but the bar service sucks more than an electrolux.
    And people walk about with drinks inside the perimeter set by the outermost dancers - this being me most times. and when they eventually get knocked the drinks are always left on the floor!

Hu Hu wassatallaboutthen hu?

But on the whole apart from law and order, wine and the roads it aint a bad place to dance.

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers
    'snot the only problem Donna.
    Although I will say it's better of late but the bar service sucks more than an electrolux.
    And people walk about with drinks inside the perimeter set by the outermost dancers - this being me most times. and when they eventually get knocked the drinks are always left on the floor!

Hu Hu wassatallaboutthen hu?

But on the whole apart from law and order, wine and the roads it aint a bad place to dance.
    It's a beautiful venue and I think, the best one in the North West. It's just such amagnificent ballroom and has a gorgeous marble staircase and ceiling. In case anybody is interested in coming along....here's a couple of pics.

TH_blue_sm.jpg

staircase10.jpg

Thread Information