Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long hair and bobby dazzlers

Re: Long hair and bobby dazzlers

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Having hair that is long enough to get in the way, but too short to tie up, I wish guys (who do not suffer with this) would refrain from dancing right in front of the bleedin' fan!
    ...and they wonder why you can't see their blessed hand signals when you have both eyes full of your own hair.

Daisy

(A Mid-Length Little Flower)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    I am a long haired guy (sometimes tailed, but NEVER plaited!! lol...) and am wholly unaware of what my hair is doing as I dance...
    If I leave it loose, I sometimes find my hair getting trapped when my partner puts her hand on my shoulder, which is briefly awkward. And yeah, I guess my hair probably whips folks on occasion, though nobody's ever said anything. I'm thinking of getting it cut, but not sure how.

I'm thinking that for some ladies, taking off a wedding ring to dance with strange men might interfere with marital bliss.

[QUOTE=Cruella[/QUOTE]
    I think a bobby dazzler is a big ring

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    I know a couple of girls who have those....
    Will you be naming and shaming them ESG?

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    If I leave it loose, I sometimes find my hair getting trapped when my partner puts her hand on my shoulder, which is briefly awkward. And yeah, I guess my hair probably whips folks on occasion, though nobody's ever said anything. I'm thinking of getting it cut, but not sure how.

I find that scissors are usually the best tool.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Will you be naming and shaming them ESG?
    For a fee.

Glitter Queen

I try to leave my hair down as much as I can (it's a little longer than in my profile pic now) so that it doesn't hurt when it swooshes when I dance.

I tried for a while putting it up in a bun - so as to avoid the nasty hair-rope thwacking incidents - but I found that men who seem incapable of clearing my head with their hands would either get their watch/cufflinks/cuff-buttons caught in my hair or would practically scalp me when catching the bun - and believe me it's not only embarrassing and frustrating when you have someone's watch caught in your hair but it's bl**dy painful too .

So now I've abandoned the idea of avoiding swooshing people with my hair by putting it up and leave it down instead - so that when someone gets their watch strap or cufflinks caught in my hair they can be freed with relative ease and much less pain. To date I've yet to have a complaint about leaving my hair down, and sometimes I'm even complimented about the feel and/or smell of it - so I don't see why people should be made to tie their hair back...?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    I try to leave my hair down as much as I can (it's a little longer than in my profile pic now) so that it doesn't hurt when it swooshes when I dance....?
    Ahhhhh... all problems of the past for me

Quote Originally Posted by kiwichook
    Anyone got any suggestions what to do when the owner of a studio will not take any responsibility nor ask their teachers to make a general announcement from the stage to ask ladies to tie extremely long hair back (like hangin round the backside length). Nor remove their big bobby dazzlers before joining a dance class. Also requests from men and taxi dancers to the culprits go unheeded as well, not helped by lack of support from the top. Plan Z required, anyone out there recognise this problem in their studio, and if so how was it sorted??
    Kiwichook
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwichook
    But these chicks with horse tails, (plaited ones just as bad) - what's with them ? Do they think they are that special? As a taxi dancer I don't enjoy being whipped across the face, made blind to the point of disorientation and then find on execution of a return, oh joy, oh joy, that I'm going to have some extra dinner as I spit out the hair that's ended up in my mouth when I've opened my mouth to say something. Shame on those chicks that do this!
    ummm you seem confused in your first post you wanted the studio to make the girls with long hair tie it up and then you are complaining that when they tie it up that it hits you

personally I have rather long hair - some days I tie part of it back, some days i let it all run free - but this decision would not be effected by a teacher telling me that I should tie it up - in fact I would proberbly decided to go to a less anal retentative studio.

personally I don't wear plaits or cheerleader style pony tails - as I have been banned from them by previous dance partners - and now I find that as my hair is so long the weight feels like it is pulling me off balance.

I have a suggestion for you that has been passed on to me by other leaders i know - learn to duck

Anyone else danced with Sal when she had _l o n g_ hair? Dancing with Sal is always a pleasurable experiance, but I admit at being confused as to what to do with all that hair for a time. {then she got it cut so it was just long; strange how you get used to something like that }

Assuming your partner's skirt isn't tripping you up, do "leaders" appreciate being "swooshed" by their partner's skirt?
    I love swishy skirts on my partner. Not really because they swish past me more just because they look cool and a have an interesting momentum effect all of their own .

An aside: one thing that was brought to my attention recently- the idea of my kilt "swooshing" my partners legs if I spin more energetically or closer to my partner. Not sore I would hope, but would it work?

Assuming your partner's skirt isn't tripping you up, do "leaders" appreciate being "swooshed" by their partner's skirt?
    Maybe with bare legs a swooshing skirt would be nice, but I don't see myself going trouser-less to dance...

Like killingtime, I love swirly skirts, but when they are swirling around my legs, it's more a distraction that a pleasure.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. – Steve Martin, LA Story

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

Yes !

johnthehappyguy

Thread Information