Thread: Privileged Membership Scheme

Lightbulb Privileged Membership Scheme

Been thinking {always a bad sign} about membership and paying your dues at the door: Could a "privileged membership scheme" (for want of a better term) be set up for regulars?

Basically paying for a year's entrance to your regular night(s) in advance, but with an incentive of (eg) one night a month free, or two workshops a year included, or half price entry into other venues, or something like that.
    The cards would have to alter from the normal ones to have an expy date and venue on them; perhaps a red background? And you would also need to note on the back which venues it entitles you to enter and an expiry date.

{If there is already similar set up, let me know. Or is this the incentive to become a Taxi dancer?}

As this is my first post i would just like to say Hi to everyone. The forum is fantastic and everyone sounds really friendly. A great advert for ceroc in itself. I have learnt so much just by reading through all the threads !!!!

Anyway , with regard to the passport idea. I think thats a brilliant idea. I have been trying to decide what to do myself as i try and go to 5 classes a week.
    I managed to talk my franchise into introducing rover cards to cover all classes and dance evenings but then i had second thoughts on whether to take this up.

My problem , you see , is that i am trying to fast-track my learning (be that good or bad !!) so i am going to classes very regularly. The problem i face is that if i went for a bulk buy ticket, i am tied to that franchise. This may be good for some but i am starting to find that the classes are simply repetition. I would have to say i am impatient in that i want to learn new things all the time and without a regular advanced class in my franchise i simply wont get that. Does anyone think that is just silly ???

The passport idea (as long as there is no time restriction) would give people the freedom to attend or not without the fear of wasting money!!

Originally posted by Paul F
    The passport idea (as long as there is no time restriction) would give people the freedom to attend or not without the fear of wasting money!!
    "Wasting money on Ceroc? Is that possible?" he thought, as he tapped his custom-fitted leather dance shoes in time to a track from his rapidly expanding collection of Cerocable CDs. "Well, I guess only if you took it to extremes." He still couldn't imagine what such an extreme might be: after all, wasn't dancing as much a part of his being as the CEROC(TM) logo tattooed over his heart?

The Original Scooby Dave Hancock's Avatar
    Gadget,

Re the question of membership fees which are evident in other parts, I can inform you that in New Zealand you have the option to buy a six month option which from memory cost about £120(although the exchange rate was in my favour and it is a bit cheaper to live in New Zealand). Unfortunately I never made it to any of the weekend parties and thus I don't know if I would've got into them for nothing and also I only danced in Auckland while in NZ and thus don't know if I could've got into any of their other venues. Perhaps if we have a NZ contributor they may be able to expand on the rules and operation of the card.

I'm a bit surprised no-one has mentioned that until end-January at Scottish venues you can still get a book of 10 tickets for £45 - so that's a 25% saving on the current entrance fees.

I think after that the price goes up to £50 (is that right, Franck?), still a good saving.

That goes some way to rewarding the regular hoofers.

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by John S
    I'm a bit surprised no-one has mentioned that until end-January at Scottish venues you can still get a book of 10 tickets for £45 - so that's a 25% saving on the current entrance fees.

I think after that the price goes up to £50 (is that right, Franck?), still a good saving.
    You are right indeed John... A great deal at the moment...

The Ceroc January Sales...

I have just brought some more books of 10 to all venues as (surprisingly enough ) we were running out...

So make sure you get your cards before the end of the month.

Though, the normal price (50 pounds) for 10 entries is still a saving of £10.00... Well worth it if you are a regular

Franck.

Ceroc Central run Platinum and Gold card schemes.

They encourage the keenest dancers to come more often, which is good for all.

Originally posted by bigdjiver
    Ceroc Central run Platinum and Gold card schemes.

Interesting - how does it work?

Card with membership no, photo & expiry date, valid 3 months.
    gets admittance to any mon to thu class in central franchise. Platinum also gets admittance to regular fun nights. Member pays for about two nights a week and gets admission to 4/5 nights a week. Encourages the keen dancers to travel around which is good for all.

Thread Information