Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruce Goes Dancing

Re: Bruce Goes Dancing

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee

I appreciate that Bruce is keen interested and popular (with some) but poor Brucie seems to have lost the plot. During his chat about 'the Bomba' I was amazed to hear him say (at 17.59 precisely),

"I hope you notice that there are no instruments, it's just drums..."

I'd love to know what Evelyn Glennie has to say about that! He has probably insulted all of the amateur and professional percussionists around the world (if only they were watching the programme).
    Well I understood what he meant!! He meant tuned instruments ! Drums are untuned! Give the man a break!!!
    I'm not really a Brucie fan either but unlike others on here I do think he's the right man to front the show - he especially seems to connect with the older and ordinary people featured on the show. He went down a storm with what seemed to be the oldies dance club in Cuba!!
    I enjoyed the show and agree it could have been made into a longer series.

Heather,
    xx

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Well I understood what he meant!! .................Give the man a break!!!
    Whilst even my 10 year old picked up on the mistake, it was obviously just a poor choice of words. I think Bruce's love of dance (and profile here, at least) made him an obvious choice to front the programme and as Heather says, the ladies seemed to like him
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heather
    Well I understood what he meant!! He meant tuned instruments ! Drums are untuned! Give the man a break!!!
    What, we're not allowed to criticize, just because we like the programme?

Other things I thought were less-than-ideal were Bruce's mooning around with his wife - it almost felt like a holiday programme on a couple of occasions. Given the very short amount of time the programme had to work with, every minute of film was important - and to me, the "here's me serenading my wife" bit was bland and pointless.

On balance, I am a Bruce fan - he's clearly enthusiastic and committed to dance, and that in itself makes me a fan. And I loved both programmes, as I said, and I wanted more of them. And I'm very much looking forward to SCD 3 starting on Saturday.

But that doesn't mean I've no critical faculties left. Hell, half the fun is in criticism.

Thread Information