Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Ceroc UK Championships 2003

Question

Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood
    but I remember one lucky dip contestant in the Scottish competition for whom bright clothes and judge-smiling were the cause of his downfall. Perhaps he went that little bit too far
    Oooh - do tell!??! I didn't hear about that. How could that possibly be your downfall?!

And some of you ask why we compete? So we can get on Will's top ten list!! (We love to be loved) Of course I did have to dance with Mr Wong to get there

Debstar, you'd be on my top ten list anyway, regardless of Mr Wong. (who is dancing in London this weekend).

Back to the topic, I got my tickets through this morning!! yee-haa!

Best of luck with your showcase Debs, looking forward to it!

Wow, cool! Thanks Will.

Sorry I'll miss Mr Wong this weekend... too busy working on the showcase! Please worship at his feet on my behalf.

This showcase stuff is hard work but I'm really enjoying it.
    Any cheering, applause, shouting, wolf-whistles or other positive noises would be gratefully received from any members of the chat forum (whether you like the performance or not!), the more noise the better!! Do you require bribes?

The Forum Legend
    Do you require bribes?
    Yes please. What are you offering??

Steve

Originally posted by Debster
    Any cheering, applause, shouting, wolf-whistles or other positive noises would be gratefully received from any members of the chat forum (whether you like the performance or not!), the more noise the better!! Do you require bribes?

Not bribes Debster just reciprocal cheering , applause, shouting, wolf-whistles and other positive noises for the team event!!!!

For those of us who don't actually know you - how do we know which showcase to cheer for??????

The Forum Legend
    Ask me

I'm still bribeable though....

Steve

Attn Debs,

Stevie is staying over at my place tonight and tomorrow. He is standing next to me and has asked me to pass on his best wishes to you regarding your showcase. Furthermore, Mr Wong says he is itching to grab you for a few dances after the showcase.

From your 2 greatest fans,

Will & Stevie

Attn: The Tramp,

Steve, I was wondering if you know of any decent dance events in London tomorrow (Saturday night)? Ceroc hasn't got anything going on that I know of, and you seem to have a handle on most of the other dance companies in London.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Will

The Forum Legend
    Hiya Will

Can't help you out with dances in London tonight, but come down to Brighton for what should be a great dance. 3 rooms each playing different music, and already getting close to being sold out, so lots of people to dance with....

www.eventsforcharity.co.uk

Come say hello if you make it down there.

Steve

[start rant]

Bloody Hell!!! :reallymad :reallymad :reallymad

I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to buy my tickets for the champs! Talk about traumatic!!! :reallymad I was even swearing at the damn computer - which just isn't me!!!

OK so it's Sunday morning but I'm not that stupid! Two tips:

1. Make sure you drink before you go anywhere near PayPal
    2. Get halfway through your registration and then check your e-mail. There'll be an important mail for you - but paypal doesn't tell you. :reallymad :reallymad

Grrrr :reallymad

[end rant]

I'm bathing in a pool of tranquil water.
    There are birds gently singing in the background.
    I can feel the sun's warmth on my skin...

Actually I'm really looking forward to London now - Blackpool first though - how does a girl cope with all this excitement??

J

Peace and Love!

Hey, girl, chill!

Maybe it's withdrawal symptoms.

Originally posted by Jayne
    [start rant]
    I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to buy my tickets for the champs! Talk about traumatic!!! :reallymad I was even swearing at the damn computer - which just isn't me!!!

OK so it's Sunday morning but I'm not that stupid! Two tips:

1. Make sure you drink before you go anywhere near PayPal
    2. Get halfway through your registration and then check your e-mail. There'll be an important mail for you - but paypal doesn't tell you. :reallymad :reallymad

Grrrr :reallymad

[end rant]
    Jayne,

I too bought my tickets through paypal via the cerocchamps website, and I too had no idea that when I registered with paypal that I'd have to wait days before getting the code to activate my account. Well annoying as I'd filled everything out at the time only to have to repeat the process days later.

Anyway, if it is any consolation, once I'd got my code and gone through the website again, my tickets came through almost straight away.

I now have all my tickets for both the major dance competitions all ready to roll. AHHHHHH!!!!!

Will

Originally posted by Will
    I too had no idea that when I registered with paypal that I'd have to wait days before getting the code to activate my account. Well annoying as I'd filled everything out at the time only to have to repeat the process days later.
    Hi Will,

Errrmm, I didn't do that bit... I take it this is the four digit thing that's supposed to appear on your credit card statement? I didn't do that but I followed the link from the e-mail to activate my account and I got an invoice number back so I assumed it had taken some money (although it's not appeared on the bank statement yet...)

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if some tickets arrive! If they do, can you pencil me in for a dance at the comp please?? :puppy dog eyes:

J

Jayne

I could be wrong (and I hope I am), but I think you'll find that it has taken $1.95 off your credit card - a fee that gets reimbursed when you make your first purchase.

For me it said that I had to wait until I had my 4 digit activation code on my next statement.

The best way to check is to access you credit card on-line if you have that option. This will tell you what you've been charged, and it will also tell you what your 4 digit activation code is. Be aware though that it won't even appear on an online credit card statement for 3-4 days.

Will

Jayne

I could be wrong (and I hope I am), but I think you'll find that it has taken $1.95 off your credit card - a fee that gets reimbursed when you make your first purchase.

For me it said that I had to wait until I had my 4 digit activation code on my next statement.

The best way to check is to access you credit card on-line if you have that option. This will tell you what you've been charged, and it will also tell you what your 4 digit activation code is. Be aware though that it won't even appear on an online credit card statement for 3-4 days.

Will
    I think you're right about the fee. I checked my statements on line this morning and there was no sigh of anything - I was mainly wondering if the money had gone for my tickets, at least then I'd know if it had worked... I guess time will tell...

Cheers Will!

J

Guys,

Good News....

I've just been onto the Ceroc UK Champs website, and it looks as if they've decided to add another heat to the Open Catagory as the availability has suddenly gone upto 5 from being a sell out last week.

Also note that the Caberet competition only has one more place left. I hope all the Scottish entries are already logged now I'm going head to head with you

Will

P.S. I'd like to point out that after last years caberet was won by the only team to turn up armed, that this year the team I'm in are going to be fully kitted out with all the latest millitary hardware!!!

P.S. I'd like to point out that after last years caberet was won by the only team to turn up armed, that this year the team I'm in are going to be fully kitted out with all the latest millitary hardware!!!
    [Homer Simpson voice]
    mmmm... men in uniform...

[/Homer Simpson voice]

We've included a tank in our routine.

We just need to find one that won't be in use....

J

B.T.C.
    Guys,

and if the gun had been real I'd have shot myself at the end :sorry .............mind you given how many mistakes I made on the day I'd have missed !

Hope you make a better job of it than I did. Thankfully the rest of the men got it right and the judges didn't seem to notice too much

Good luck to you and all our 'foreign' contributors at London.

OK!!

Sorry about the slow reply...

Originally posted by Dancing Veela
    Not bribes Debster just reciprocal cheering , applause, shouting, wolf-whistles and other positive noises for the team event!!!!

For those of us who don't actually know you - how do we know which showcase to cheer for??????
    It's a deal! I love a good reason to cheer.

Yeah, the Steve-tramp can point me out, but in case he's off being arrested for wearing a pink tutu, I'll give you a hint... I'm dancing with a guy called Hillel, and I have long red hair which will probably be in a pony-tail kind of do. Maybe I'll even have time to pop over to whatever spot seems to be teaming with forum people to say hello

And pardon my ignorance but how do I know which team to be cheering really loud for?

?????

Are we talking Blacpool or Londonhere, Debster?? (This being the Ceroc Champs thread!!!)
    There are two Scottish teams in the Blackpool Champs and only one (as far as I am aware), in the Ceroc Champs. If you are referring to Blackpool, then I can tell you that one team(Sheena's )is very obviously Scottish!!!!!! I think you will know that as soon as you see them!!!!! (And I guarantee you will not be able to stop yourself cheering loudly when you see our men!!!)
    If you are referring to London, then there is only one Scottish team , among whose number are various contributers to the Forum and who I'd hope you will be cheering loudly for also!!

Heather,

Thread Information