Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd Locations

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Odd Locations

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    no we don't have Asdas in Perth, Australia - it was Coles - a big national chain here.

this sounds like a riot of an idea - although think we should find a willing accomplice it NZ then we could make in 3 continents!!! might even be some sort of world record

maybe there is some high tech clock/time website we could use to synchronise our watches
    Oh sounds good! anyway it doesn;t have to be syncronised to the sec as i am sure we could dance for a few minutes without being kicked out! Or we could organise it with them!!

What do you think franck?

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    Oh sounds good! anyway it doesn;t have to be syncronised to the sec as i am sure we could dance for a few minutes without being kicked out! Or we could organise it with them!!

What do you think franck?

Why not tie it in with a charity - for example BBC Children in Need and set the challenge to dance in the aisles in an ASDA in every country in the world simultaneously.

Get in touch with ASDA marketing department and ask for assistance in doing it. They will probably go for it if they get good publicity out of it and who knows it could be incorporated in ASDAs next advertising campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    The question is Balders, if you knew then what you know now, would you have danced in the aisles???
    Oh yes indeedy, and probably have roped in a shelf stacker or two.

I'm sure he would!!! Once the rythym takes over him he loses control!
    Hey come on, i may miss a catch or two but losing control? Thats being sympathetic to hijacking, you know. I only lose it properly when you Yo Yo me.
    Lets try for the aisle dance Are we allowed to practice, or would that give them to much advance warning of our intentions?

Another possibility for joint promotion for a new supermarket is during the build. There comes a point where the construction is complete, but the floor is bare, with no shop-fittings. A dance there, perhaps with charity associations, would be good pre-publicity for the Supermarket, and for MJ. The same idea could work for any new building that might want pre-opening publicity - eg an office that will be looking for staff, a new council facility.

I've done that one too! you get so many odd looks! Especially when you are by yourself!!! I reckon we should try it at 3 o clock in the morning in the 24hr tescos at Knocknagony (?)
    OK - so after the party on 29th Dec we could head to Knocknagoney!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    OK - so after the party on 29th Dec we could head to Knocknagoney!
    All of us.... we could continue the party there!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers & Mash
    Why not tie it in with a charity - for example BBC Children in Need and set the challenge to dance in the aisles in an ASDA in every country in the world simultaneously.

Get in touch with ASDA marketing department and ask for assistance in doing it. They will probably go for it if they get good publicity out of it and who knows it could be incorporated in ASDAs next advertising campaign.
    That sounds like a good idea but too much like hard work! But we could do it for a charity!!!

Baldrick, yes that would give them too much warning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yliander
    no we don't have Asdas in Perth, Australia - it was Coles - a big national chain here.

this sounds like a riot of an idea - although think we should find a willing accomplice it NZ then we could make in 3 continents!!! might even be some sort of world record

maybe there is some high tech clock/time website we could use to synchronise our watches

I'm up for it if anyone else is!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    I'm up for it if anyone else is!!!!
    Me me me but i think we have established that already!!!

Oooh, the idea of dancing in a supermarket aisle sounds grrrrreat to me!. So what would we dance in the tinned food aisle?.....the can can?

Or maybe in the home bakery section, we could do the shelled waltz, or the tango in the drinks section?....how about the nesquick step?.....ok, ok, I'm obviously off my trolly

Seriously though, I think the idea of a trans-continental sychronised MJ event for charity is a brilliant idea .

Put me down for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    Oooh, the idea of dancing in a supermarket aisle sounds grrrrreat to me!. So what would we dance in the tinned food aisle?.....the can can?

Or maybe in the home bakery section, we could do the shelled waltz, or the tango in the drinks section?....how about the nesquick step?.....ok, ok, I'm obviously off my trolly

Seriously though, I think the idea of a trans-continental sychronised MJ event for charity is a brilliant idea .

Put me down for it!
    Woohoo I think we should go ahead with this. It could be so much fun!!

Blog Entries

Digging up an old thread - but wish me luck, as I'm planning to go to the New York class tonight.... Anyone know anybody there?

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Digging up an old thread - but wish me luck, as I'm planning to go to the New York class tonight.... Anyone know anybody there?
    Place name dropper!!

Elaine (raining in Bristol!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineB
    Place name dropper!!

Elaine (raining in Bristol!)
    It's been raining here too.

Last night was very interesting. This was only the second class that these guys had done. There have been previous classes taught be other people, but they hadn't caught on, for some reason.

Anyway - the class took place in a dance studio in chelsea. The majority of folks were new beginners, but there were a hardcore of people who'd been dancing MJ for a while. It consisted of 2 classes - beginners & intermediates. Both of which were easier and far more drawn out than we're used to. The natives are very friendly - I was made to feel very welcome & I had some lovely dances. The style was slightly odd - the male teacher, Ken, was Australian & the demo, Lily, was English CerocTM, which made for an unusual combination. I think I would've prefered more freestyle, as the classes both took nearly an hour each (probably due to the high numbers of beginners).

I'd definitely go back, though! Anyone up for a NY shopping & dancing trip before Xmas?

Oh - and CJ - have you seen Rammstein tickets for Glasgow go on sale tomorrow?

Right! Back to my holiday. I love NY!

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    It's been raining here too.

Last night was very interesting. This was only the second class that these guys had done. There have been previous classes taught be other people, but they hadn't caught on, for some reason.

Anyway - the class took place in a dance studio in chelsea. The majority of folks were new beginners, but there were a hardcore of people who'd been dancing MJ for a while. It consisted of 2 classes - beginners & intermediates. Both of which were easier and far more drawn out than we're used to. The natives are very friendly - I was made to feel very welcome & I had some lovely dances. The style was slightly odd - the male teacher, Ken, was Australian & the demo, Lily, was English CerocTM, which made for an unusual combination. I think I would've prefered more freestyle, as the classes both took nearly an hour each (probably due to the high numbers of beginners).

I'd definitely go back, though! Anyone up for a NY shopping & dancing trip before Xmas?

Oh - and CJ - have you seen Rammstein tickets for Glasgow go on sale tomorrow?

Right! Back to my holiday. I love NY!
    Hi, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

The classes stopped last year because the guy teaching them had other commitments that prevented him from organizing and teaching at the parties. But he's back now so we have two teachers! He also dances Lindy, WCS and some ballroom and he's a really fun guy; the classes are a blast!

I agree about the freestyling! I would love to have one shorter class followed by an evening of freestyle dancing but unfortunately a lot of the dancers here don't yet know enough moves to keep them going all night.

It's interesting that you thought my style was Ceroc. What made you think that? I'm curous . I learned Rock 'n' Roll in France, dancing in the slot with a back-step triple-step triple-step base and lots of focus on frame and lead/follow technique. What I found when I moved here was very different to what I was used to dancing but I am able to follow most of the time!

Glad to hear you had a good time though . I hope you do return - NY is such a great place to visit! I'll be coming to the UK in November to go to the weekender at Camber Sands. Can't wait

Lily

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellina
    I'll be coming to the UK in November to go to the weekender at Camber Sands. Can't wait

Lily
    If you're still here the weekend of the 18th/19th/20th November you should venture up to Aberdeen. We'll be having another of our fab Beach Ballroom Weekends, fantastic fun at one of the most beautiful venues in the UK (and it has a sprung dancefloor).

A chance to meet more forumites and dance your sox off
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerbabe
    If you're still here the weekend of the 18th/19th/20th November you should venture up to Aberdeen. We'll be having another of our fab Beach Ballroom Weekends, fantastic fun at one of the most beautiful venues in the UK (and it has a sprung dancefloor).

A chance to meet more forumites and dance your sox off
    I may well still be around then . I'll be staying with family in Suffolk before or after the Jive Weekender but I haven't decided on exact dates yet...

Lily

Thread Information