Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd Locations

Smile Odd Locations

What's the strangest place anyone has danced Ceroc?

Maybe it was somewhere totally inappropriate, or somewhere no-one expected it, or somewhere you soon wished you hadn't started, or whatever.

For me, it was probably in Luxor this year at a wedding party in an Egyptian nightclub where no-one spoke any English but the music was eminently danceable to.

It was fine to begin with, dancing with my partner, but what I hadn't bargained for was the Egyptian custom of men dancing with other men (or possibly we were just in that kind of nightclub!)

Still, it worked out ok as I finished up dancing Ceroc with a very attractive (and very female) belly-dancer.

Hi John

Strangely enuff, Allison and I were also at Luxor, they had a party on the cruise boat on the Nile....we danced our sox off, it wasn't ceroc though. Also we had a belly dancer with us too!!...small world huh??.

Luxor was good.....very friendly ppl.

Fox
    ~always odd~
    ~so any location really~

Similar idea, Cerocing on a evening cruise boat whilst on holiday celebrating my 40th birthday in Hawaii last year.

We started Cerocing at the edges of the boat during a 'freestyle' session whilst the 'official' dancers were taking a break, but were soon guided into the middle of the dance floor with a sizeable audience !

It seemed to go down very well...

Twenty minutes later though, the 'official' dancers were back on stage - and guess who was 'invited' up as a 'volunteer' (thankfully, amongst others !) from the audience to dance the 'hula' ?

Yes, you've guessed it....at least I can now say that I took part in a 'hula' dance with some Hawaiian ladies...

Marvellous...and all thanks to Ceroc.

Keep swinging those hips...

Regards,

Bob

I think the strangest place i ever danced was outside a pub in Edinburgh. We were waiting for ages!! to get in....we could hear the music, so just thought we'd dance anyway
    We got some weird looks ...but a round of applause aswell

filthycute x x

Several strange places for me, but the best was again a boating experience - The Newcastle to Ijmuiden (Holland) "Ferry". Not so much a ferry, more a cruise liner with several bars and a dance floor with a live band. Nearly empty dance floor and had a great time - the funniest was watching other people afterward trying to copy the moves and failing miserably before resorting to the disco one step.

On the way back, the dance floor was totally empty, but it was a sever gale, which made dancing slightly more challenging as we didn't know if the floor was going to come up to meet us, or drop away! Still great fun, and as Bob said, all thanks to Ceroc!

Dave

Not a strange places but depressing.
    I was going to New York with my pal steve for boys weekend,
    drink, dance & baseball spent month talking about my upcoming trip to the big apple and my intention to ceroc dance in new york to any one who would listen.
    I must have had all the people at the palace (blast from past) bored about this trip before I even left.
    I had contacted the teacher in NY through the London office every detail was planned we were off.
    In NY got taxi to venue it was not open, we were early.
    Went next door for beer, went back outside for 7.15pm and found venue still closed but a good looking girl standing there.
    I asked her If she was waiting for the ceroc class, she said she was the teacher and the Thursday class had been cancelled due to lack of numbers, as this was the first night of cancellation she had turned up to catch any one who did not listen in class.She also hoped we had not travelled far DO'H!

Re: Odd Locations

Cool thread.

The best I can manage is rubbish in comparison - on the street immediately outside a freestyle. We'd decided to go home, and then a great song came on just as we stepped outside... couldn't waste the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by John S
    What's the strangest place anyone has danced Ceroc?

Maybe it was somewhere totally inappropriate, or somewhere no-one expected it, or somewhere you soon wished you hadn't started, or whatever.
    At a funeral?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    Cool thread.
    Also check out thread Where have you danced? (More unusual places)

Newmarket Point to Point Ball - next to the bucking bronco machine

I ALMOST did it in a New York subway station-Madison Avenue, I think.
    There was a fantastic band busking,and I was desperate,but Sue chickened out on the grounds of "not embarrassing the children"
    she was probably right -they might have been irredeemably disturbed,- but how much more romantic could you get?
    next time maybe

At work outside Rachel's office.

In the pub car park

In the car park at work

In fact various car parks at various times (mainly after freestyle while talking to my sister).

On a giant speaker in a nightclub in Ibiza with my sister and my cousin (I was 18 and very drunk at the time - before my more sober Ceroc days - I can't drink and Jive!)

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Ok i think the oddest for me was at a shopping centre (ok it was a busk) but i am only new to this! Anyone who wants to take me dancing in odd places is more than welcome!!

I have noticed however that ceroc-ers do tend to just randomly dance! I think its great but i never get to dance in the places that i want to! ie when shopping and a great song comes on!!!

ASDA!!!!! i would love to ceroc in the middle of asda!!! oh idea for a busk maybe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    I think its great but i never get to dance in the places that i want to! ie when shopping and a great song comes on!!!

ASDA!!!!! i would love to ceroc in the middle of asda!!!
    They played 'Spooky' in Sainsburys the other week - but I was there by myself - had to do some dramatic moves and pauses with the shopping trolley instead!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    They played 'Spooky' in Sainsburys the other week - but I was there by myself - had to do some dramatic moves and pauses with the shopping trolley instead!

I've done that one too! you get so many odd looks! Especially when you are by yourself!!! I reckon we should try it at 3 o clock in the morning in the 24hr tescos at Knocknagony (?)

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    I've done that one too! you get so many odd looks! Especially when you are by yourself!!! I reckon we should try it at 3 o clock in the morning in the 24hr tescos at Knocknagony (?)
    I've went to Asda after a Ceroc night and found myself grooving in the aisles with my trolley. Only blessing perhaps is that it was mainly just the nightshift that witnessed it, and having done nightshift before, I know that seeing some bird dancing in the aisles is the least worrying thing that goes on . . .

Bring on the Asda / Supermarket busk!!

Oooh, what a great thread (and the other one Lynn ). I thought I was alone until now!....

The most magical ? - Open air, top deck (15th), of a Caribbean cruise liner in Jan this year (as Adam/Gordon will testify - shame about the slight drizzle in the end eh? ).

On that same cruise, my (ex) dance partner and I managed to dance on all 15 decks at some point . We were even mistaken for being part of the ship's carnival one night for a few seconds . I understand Gordon has/had a video of that somewhere?

I've also danced on a Sienne dinner & dance (but no one else seemed willing until we did) cruise in Paris, in full DJ etc []

In August this year, a friend and me danced to a street band in a square in Barcelona, seconds after getting off an open-top bus tour.

More recently (Sat), my current partner and I danced on broken plates in a Greek restaurant near Esher, Surrey - we had a smashing time!

ps, I love those who've danced in supermarket aisles . Must try that soon

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    I've went to Asda after a Ceroc night and found myself grooving in the aisles with my trolley. Only blessing perhaps is that it was mainly just the nightshift that witnessed it, and having done nightshift before, I know that seeing some bird dancing in the aisles is the least worrying thing that goes on . . .

Bring on the Asda / Supermarket busk!!
    All sounds soooo familiar. My ex used to hassle me for dancing in the aisles before i knew what ceroc is.
    Lets busk baby, busk

Registered User Almost an Angel's Avatar
    Heaven of course, currently on secondment to purgatory

Oddest place I've ever danced -

On the back of an articulated lorry last night during the Fleet Festivities.
    Luckily for us the lorry was stationary!!!
    Once you get over the fact you only have about 9 foot wide to dance in you get on fine. as long as you stay away from the edge.

They pedestrianise the High street when switching on the Xmas lights and we're part of the entertainment (you can take that any way you like).
    So there we were last night having a lot of fun despite it being cold having been invited back for the second year (we had such fun last year too)

Angel xx

Here are some of the odd loacations I have danced at over the years. On the beach in Pwhelli North Wales on a party weekender . At the top of the Alps mountains whilst on a Skiing holiday and lastly on the steps at a Mavericks concert at the MEN Area Manchester many years ago.

Thread Information