Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Attitudes to Gay men...

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Re: Attitudes to Gay men...

Quote Originally Posted by John S
    I think this thread has sometimes got a bit mixed up between its title "Attitudes to gay men" and the question of 2 guys dancing together (funny how the question of 2 girls dancing together doesn't provoke the same reactions, although I gather some ladies feel short-changed in the classes if they find on going round that they have a Female lead).

I danced for the first time as a man this week in both the tues and wed night classes and i got the feeling that when the women came up to me they were dissapointed, ok it was my first classes as a man, but as i woman i know what its like to be led to hard or to soft or stirred!

I think that this is stupid as one of the best leader i have danced with in class and the most helpful was jane(taxi tues night)! I learnt a lot from her and i dont think that i am helpful yet but i feel a lot of women could be and a lot of women could be helped as much as i was!!! My piece of advice!!! Dance with other women not matter how you see it or feel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Chu
    Ok Dancers, I get it!......some of you are uncomfortable dancing with members of the same sex, thats fine...you can dance with who ever you like and for whatever reason.
    I was reading this topic and was getting ready to post a funny reply, as I read down the topic I was wondering if you would post ( as I know you read the forum )

My attitudes generally to gay men, do your thing and I will do my thing.

In a class situation I think the general population comes along to dance with someone of the opposite sex, so let's respect that.
    Girls as well, many girls come along to dance with guys, so in class, let's not freak people out.

Many many years ago I used to dance with Nigel (pre Nina days), we often got a good crowd watching as we did the bump and grind, + dips and twists.
    This was of course for the fun element.

On my trip earlier this year to the UK I had the pleasure of meeting up with you and actively asked you if you would like to dance as a follower, it was so much fun, and you are awesome.

If you visit Sydney I would happily partner you.

I am 100% straight as you know, and you met my wonderful girlfriend Janet.

I do have a slight problem with one transvestite on the Aussie circuit, mainly because of the fact that the category of choice is Advanced for comps, but clearly as a follower this person is lower intermediate, it could be that, dancing under another persona the level of advanced was reached.
    In Lucky dip (or, as we call it, dance with a stranger) this causes a challenge as we seperate beginner, intermediate and advanced.
    It is also a bit off putting that the person is far taller than most leaders.

I do not think anyone is attempting to target you personally on this thread, I am glad you posted.

I am happy to dance with guys in a freestyle fun environment, as I know you and respect you, happy to do a serious comp with you.

Me being built like a brick out-house and a teacher of lifts, and you being a fantastic follower in both lifts and general dance....
    We would "rock"

Hi Martin

To be honest i was pretty livid at the time I read the thread and it took me ages to write the response but I do understand peoples fears and insecurities regrading gay issues and the other extreme..transvestitism. I've met alot of transvestites in my time and alot of gays and like every other realm in society there are good ones and bad ones.

Martin, we did spend some really good time together with Janet and Linda and i think you know the real me and i think thats the trick here. Once you get to know a person, you either like them or you don't. You build up trust and respect and thats where i think I am now in Modern Jive.

I know that modern jive dancing is pretty much hetro, so I entered that the dance world coming in under the radar and now I've built up my little network to a point where I have fabulous girls to dance with and show off with and do stuff that alot of other guys wouldn't get away with because of comfort zones. I have brilliant male dancers to dance with because they trust me and generally, lets face it, guys will do anything to be the centre of attention and when two guys dance together, well it goes hand in hand.

I'll see you again next year in OZ sometime, so we can have a dance then but i warn you, I might look like I'm lightweight but like that boulder in the back yard that you thought looked easy to lift but ends up slipping your discs!

Hey Andy Mcgregor, I will search you out at Blackpool if you are going and we can have a dance then, thank you for your offer.

To Drathzel, I'm trying to put the name to your face but can't recall any girls with daisy halos of late, please seek me out next time for a dance and say...please, please don't eat the daisies...and I'll know its you!

Dear John from deepest darkest Kingdom of Fife, my dance with Charlie was a highlight of the my evening too, I was very shocked with his risque moves. It was an excerpt from our forthcoming dance musical extravaganza called Dirty Flash Saturday Night Fame. Coming to a local dance hall near you.

Semicircle stepping back....

XXXX
    David

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by David Chu
    Hey Andy Mcgregor, I will search you out at Blackpool if you are going and we can have a dance then, thank you for your offer.
    I'll look forward to it

Thread Information