Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Photos

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: Photos

I never like pictures of me either, but my strategy has always been 'dont go on about it and people barely notice'. Mind you, the one tiggerbabe keeps posting, i actually find quite funny

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

I personally hate having my photo taken, because i don't like to see myself as everyone else does. But if i had been captured on film and posted on the forum (as i was for the scottish champs) i just wouldn't keep looking at the photos. I'm sorry but the camera doesn't lie, we all have our imperfections just live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    I personally hate having my photo taken, because i don't like to see myself as everyone else does. But if i had been captured on film and posted on the forum (as i was for the scottish champs) i just wouldn't keep looking at the photos. I'm sorry but the camera doesn't lie, we all have our imperfections just live with it.
    I'm not overly keen on photos of me because I have an amazing ability to look a complete berk on them. But that's (usually) only my opinion, and I will nitpick photos apart to the smallest degree. Others may tell me to shut up because they think there's nothing wrong.

I can't say I'd be overly bothered about dancing related photos of me being posted on here as I don't think people are going to point and laugh and then nudge their mates so that they can point and laugh too (unless I really am caught on film being a gimboid)

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    This is about removing photos of up to 5 people or more in group shots where one person doesnt like her or him self thats got me angry
    I have dim recollection of a dance event where there was an announcement along the lines of "Where going to video the cabaret now -- please be aware you may be filmed, if you're with someone you shouldn't be."

So which of the four other people in the photo does the complainant not wish to be photographed with?

SpinDr.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Can we please have some agreement and a forum policy on posting photos?

I've just been told that I'm being unreasonable for asking for photos containing me to be removed and also told that I shouldn't have allowed them to be taken in the first place if I didn't want them posted on here.

For a start, I didn't know they were going to be posted and I was not asked if I was happy with this.

For a second, I hate all of them and said at the time they were taken that I hated them and asked for them to be deleted from the camera.

Perhaps I am over-reacting - but I really don't care if "no-one else minds" - I DO.

Thoughts please? - on a general policy rather than this specific incident
    Do you not think this issue is really about people wanting to stay hidden behind there user name and not wanting to be seen?

Why are there so many people in chat rooms using picture of semi naked model types rather than using a picture of themselves?

Lee

Going a little off subject because of the media being used, but still with our own rights etc... I have had been videod recently by people at events and not even ask for permission beforehand. Sometimes I have not been aware of this until my partner has pointed it out. The last occassion I was asked for permission only after I had finished dancing. It feels really uncomfortable knowing that somebody is able to replay that footage again and again at their own leisure. I am not a big flashy moves dancer so would not expect anyone wanting to nick any big moves.

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    I said I hated those photos and as it happens, I don't believe I am as fat and ugly in real life as I believe they made me look. Having said at the time they were taken that I didn't like them, posting them for 1500+ people to see is hardly fair. Sharing photos with a few friends is a bit different from posting them on a public internet forum.
    If you feel that way, why not post a very flattering photo of yourself so people can see what you really look like - or use this same photo on your profile - rather make such a silly fuss such as you have done.

I really am fat and ugly and old to boot and absolutely HATE photos of me as they rarely are flattering - however, in my head I know this is how others see me sometimes - and life is far too short to worry about such things. (by the photo Danielle took of me last June I was actually very happy with )

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    If you feel that way, why not post a very flattering photo of yourself so people can see what you really look like - or use this same photo on your profile - rather make such a silly fuss such as you have done.

I really am fat and ugly and old to boot and absolutely HATE photos of me as they rarely are flattering - however, in my head I know this is how others see me sometimes - and life is far too short to worry about such things. (by the photo Danielle took of me last June I was actually very happy with )
    No disrespect to MM cos we havent met.......

***... Surely beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Why do people get so paranoid about looks etc " does my ass look big in this " tell you what my ass looks big in anything.... get over it you are what you are and there aint nothing you can do about it. I am a big believer in the camera never lies and generally i think ' god i looked rough' but get on with it because personality shines thru and its who you are not what you look like.

I get so annoyed with people who are like ' yak yak yak no one loves me no one fancies me yak yak ' pity people i call them, get on with it stop looking and enjoy life.

Sorry if its a bit blunt but hey ho

.................. Why do people get so paranoid about looks etc " does my ass look big in this " tell you what my ass looks big in anything.... get over it you are what you are and there aint nothing you can do about it.
    Great point far to many fragile egos out there
    I am a big believer in the camera never lies and generally i think ' god i looked rough' but get on with it because personality shines thru and its who you are not what you look like.

I get so annoyed with people who are like ' yak yak yak no one loves me no one fancies me yak yak ' pity people i call them, get on with it stop looking and enjoy life.

Sorry if its a bit blunt but hey ho
    You put into words lots of what I was thinking. Good post.

Blunt maybe but not rude or offensive

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird
    ... Surely beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
    and if I looked like you (seen your profile photo - you are stunning) I would agree

Seriously though, you are a good looking gal and it is very difficult when you are so lovely, to know what a 'not so lovely' person feels. However, I do take your point, and I certainly am not hung up about myself (tell 'em UP or Andy McG)

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

a. However, I do take your point, and I certainly am not hung up about myself (tell 'em UP or Andy McG)
    Minnie you are not hung up about yourself.......................there I told 'em.

Seen all the silly photos of me

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

I really am fat and ugly and old to boot and absolutely HATE photos of me as they rarely are flattering -
    Its also worth baring in mind that other people often do NOT see you the way you see yourself. I'd maybe use 'old' to describe you but certainly not fat or ugly The quality of the person goes far beyond physical appearance.

That goes for the rest of you moaning minnies too (pun intended)

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    I'd maybe use 'old' to describe you but certainly not fat or ugly The quality of the person goes far beyond physical appearance.
    You see that, Minnie?!?

Your "oldness" goes beyond just your physical appearance!!

He said that, not me...

But I would never concur with the man (not unless he threatened to beat me uo with a lightsabre again )

I freely admit that I am hung up about photos of myself. I don't feel like they *ever* do me justice. I freely admit that it was slightly a knee-jerk reaction because I was not expecting the photos to be posted on here without being asked. If they had been dance floor shots then I might not have minded so much. But to look dreadful even on posed shots - sorry, but my self-confidence stops right there.

Minnie - if I look half as good as you when I'm a grandmother I shall be well pleased

I would just like to point out that I didn't ask for a second thread to be started on this

and if I looked like you (seen your profile photo - you are stunning) I would agree

[/I]
    Bless you that is just a flattering photo of me.

I never ever look at looks, I always go for personality, personality is like a magnet it draws people to you... I will dance with anyone anytime anywhere! so I guess you could call me the Martini girl (for the filthy amongst us I mean in a dance enviro ((CL to name just one )
    I love meeting people and take all opportunities to get to know people.

I actually thought the pics of LMC looked great.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wittybird
    Bless you that is just a flattering photo of me.

I never ever look at looks, I always go for personality, personality is like a magnet it draws people to you... I will dance with anyone anytime anywhere! so I guess you could call me the Martini girl (for the filthy amongst us I mean in a dance enviro ((CL to name just one )
    I love meeting people and take all opportunities to get to know people.

I actually thought the pics of LMC looked great.
    i dont know what the fuss is about, i never saw any pics at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    You see that, Minnie?!?

Your "oldness" goes beyond just your physical appearance!!

He said that, not me...

But I would never concur with the man (not unless he threatened to beat me uo with a lightsabre again )
    ahhhh.... that was a truly luffly thing that young wipper snapper said thank you

....... not bothered about the 'old' bit, my bus pass comes in handy and it gets me into the places cheaper and I don't pay National Insurance too and I get free light bulbs and I get a Chrissy pressie from the state

--ooOoo--

Commercial Operator

I've just waded through this thread (I don't get as much time on here as I used to ). As someone who's had many odd photos published on here my advice is to get over it. Embarassing photos are part of the cut and thrust of the Forum - many forum members have been the victim of cameramen and will continue to be photographed in less than flattering poses, situations, states of undress, cross dress, etc.

I think it's PC gone mad when a forum member feels the need to start criticising other forum members for the practice of posting dodgy photos

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I've just waded through this thread (I don't get as much time on here as I used to ). As someone who's had many odd photos published on here my advice is to get over it. Embarassing photos are part of the cut and thrust of the Forum - many forum members have been the victim of cameramen and will continue to be photographed in less than flattering poses, situations, states of undress, cross dress, etc.

I think it's PC gone mad when a forum member feels the need to start criticising other forum members for the practice of posting dodgy photos

Hear hear Andy..... too many over fragile egos....

get a life! get on with it.......as said several times elsewhere LIFE is TOO SHORT to be gettin all hung up about self image.

If you REALLY do have a problem than don't bleat on about it on public forum PM Franck or a moderator and they will take it off...

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

..... uh, wot, who woke me up since this is still going on?

Thread Information