View Poll Results: Have you ever cried on a weekender?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i've cried on a weekender

21 47.73%
  • No, i've never cried on a weekender

23 52.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever cried at a weekender?

Re: Have you ever cried at a weekender?

Quote from Andy McG
    One of my favourite weekender memories is having a chalet to myself. No children, wife, friends, etc to please. I could eat when and what I wanted, go to bed when it suited me, get up when I'd had a refreshing 3 hours sleep, etc, etc. And when I wanted company there were massive halls full of willing dance partners

At Camber I remember deciding regardless of the weather(naturally it was damp and dull)I was going to have a BBQ on the Sunday.Having set it up -on the ironing board)outside my chalet I then couldn't leave it unattended as there were the biggest seagulls I have ever seen, just waiting for me to go so that they could swoop down and pinch my dinner.

yes I cried, and people I've been sharing with have cried as well. It's a very opening up environmment and we girls seem to share so much..
    Do you guys realise that when we aren't strutting our stuff looking like fine things, we are in our jarmies shaing the most initimate details of our life and occasionally emtying the odd tissue box?..
    ...Course you do. Cas your often there as well supplying the chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by DianaS
    yes I cried, and people I've been sharing with have cried as well. It's a very opening up environmment and we girls seem to share so much..
    Do you guys realise that when we aren't strutting our stuff looking like fine things, we are in our jarmies shaing the most initimate details of our life and occasionally emtying the odd tissue box?..
    ...Course you do. Cas your often there as well supplying the chocolate

Some of the fellas may well be on their own also emptying the odd tissue box!!!!

I havn't cried but I did have a strange couple of hours on the Sunday/Monday, due a conversation with an acquaintance, it left me in turmoil.
    He explained the differences between men and woman. Men have Testosterone and are Hunters and women have Oestrogen and are Gatherer's
    and I should know my place co's it sends out the wrong signals and confuses the natural order of things.
    Well with this in the back of my mind I sat down at 1am hoping to be Gathered, well it didn't work and I just ended up sad
    Luckerly loverly Dave from JiveVibe Bedford came to my rescue, we had a chat about it and he said it was C*** and I would never be happy subservant, and to carry on as I was & strut my stuff, it worked but it has left me wondering
    I would welcome an comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fletch
    Luckerly loverly Dave from JiveVibe Bedford came to my rescue, we had a chat about it and he said it was C*** and I would never be happy subservant, and to carry on as I was & strut my stuff, it worked but it has left me wondering

Well, after giving it some thought, I think that some men really are quite afraid of women that a) have an opinion b) are outgoing and confident c) in control of their own lives d) not afraid to tell the guy what the deal is ... etc

Dont ask me why, but I have encountered this on many occassions where guys want the 'damsel in distress', someone that wont stand up to them, some one they can control in other words and when they realise they cant control you or your opinions then they disappear faster than you can say ten fluffy bunnies.

This is not necessarily all men, Im sure there are some real catches out there but this is just my experience.

Dont know if that helps.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

{ snip dumbass theory from dumbass acquaintance of Fletch }
    It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere, so maybe the guy's brain was more disconnected from his mouth than normal.

Ignore him, I'm fairly sure you're gatherable

Planet Wacko (a now motorised world of my own):)

I definately cried on my first camber
    thats the trouble with chasing married women

but hey my second camber was brilliant . . . yep the same married woman

I also cried on my fifth camber, but she has promised to come to all the other cambers I go to so

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I've cried at most weekenders, it's the tiredness that always gets the better of me

And i fully admit, I'm a soppy moo and cry just as easily, when someone says something lovely to me

I didn't cry at this Southport

but what does that mean

MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Lory

I didn't cry at this Southport

but what does that mean

I usually have a downer on the Sunday afternoon, not this time and I have come back on a real high

Twice

My first weekender at Camber (May05) when a friend shouted at me at 4am during Sat night freestyle because I repeatedly failed to lead a move I'd learnt in the class that day... horrible moment!

...and the second at the end of Camber(May06) when the DJ played Sorrento Moon by Tina Arena. It had been an amazing weekend and I'd had the opportunity to share many things with friends. The music surmised so many emotions... warmth, relaxation, a sense of well being... and the company of my friends.

Of course they were 'man' tears which aren't the same as girly tears which look terrible on a bloke

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Been on many weekenders and never cried (unless with laughter) until last weekend at Southport. Had such an amazing weekend, but was overtired and consequently monday morning i was oversensitive. But was all made better by a group hug. Thanks Limpy Tink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Been on many weekenders and never cried (unless with laughter) until last weekend at Southport. Had such an amazing weekend, but was overtired and consequently monday morning i was oversensitive. But was all made better by a group hug. Thanks Limpy Tink.
    I've never cried at a weekender but I guess its understandable as people can get upset more easily when tired.

At Storm at one point I felt a bit sad and in need of a hug but I didn't say anything to anyone which was really silly as I should have just asked for a hug and I would have felt better.

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere, so maybe the guy's brain was more disconnected from his mouth than normal.

I have been on many weekenders and never cried (thank god) although I have comforted a few people who have.

Thank you

I promised myself a long time ago to be true to me, and if people didn't like me at least I would like and respect myself.

according to a good friend, i'm 'top shelf' and not many men can reach that high.

It is indeed cr&p, total cr&p in fact - the only thing I can say is that people tend to talk more cr&p at weekenders than elsewhere,)
    Please stop sitting on the fence and say exactly what you mean DJ.

I have cried at a weeekender getting back on thread but only through laughing too much

Here's my sad story....

I cried once at Camber about a year ago.

I'd had my eye on this glorious man for ages and we spent a fantastic Friday night at Camber flirting, dancing and never moving too far away from each other when dancing with other people.

I went to bed that night wondering why he hadn't asked me out. Then I realised - he had - but it had been so obscure I didn't recognise it at the time. Needless to say, I cried myself to sleep.

We still dance a lot, we still flirt a lot but I don't think he's ever asked again.

I'm still trying to find the courage to ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooles

Ho, thats so sad

You must try, he won't ask you

If he lives by you just casually ask him is he would go with you to see a film as all your friends have seen it and you don't want to go on you own

Registered User Tazmanian Devil's Avatar

Ho, thats so sad

You must try, he won't ask you

If he lives by you just casually ask him is he would go with you to see a film as all your friends have seen it and you don't want to go on you own
    Bite the bullett and ask him hun. You will never know what might be otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jooles
    We still dance a lot, we still flirt a lot but I don't think he's ever asked again.
    Hey Jooles
    There must be a way forward with this without your having to ask him if you often dance together, then you must share similar friends/aquaintances - can't you meet as part of a group? something following dancing? Then you are in control and can guage the situation - and establish how you wish the course of events to proceed. Try and manage your expectations and don't read anything into the outcome.

And there is no doubt that if you've picked up on the flirting then it's most probable (unless he is a neanderthal) that he has as well. It might be that he is just shy and in asking you he is worried about feeling rejected if it goes against him or worst still... heaven forbid... alienating someone he loves dancing with

I'm sure he probably feels the same way about you but can't articulate how to take it further...

At best you'll meet, have a little fun and hopefully arrange to do something again together (hopefully without the others...) or at the very worst strengthen a friendship with someone with whom you are friends with...

Thread Information