Thread: Party People

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Talking Party People

Have just returned from a marvellous weekend in Manchester........the highlight of which was a great party night held in Middlewich - where? It's not far from Manchester really and no-one asked to see my passport.

Would just like to say a HUGE thankyou to Gus, who organised the whole thing - the music was brilliant (only dodgy record was "It's Raining Men!") and he even played Avril Lavigne's Sk8er Boi (superb) and rounded off the evening with Vem Vet (although I suspect this was just to please Heather:sorry ).

The venue was really good and there wasn't a single airstepper in sight

But the best part was all of the wonderful dances - we were made very welcome by the party-goers - and I even met Alfie, Nessie and The What If Kid - and danced with both the blokes, Nessie was too much in demand for me to get a dance with her.

Managed to grab Pistol Pete for a dance - wow! You were right FC he's wonderful
    Only one dance from Keith so he'll just have to make up for that in Blackpool I'm in the huff 'cause Heather got two.
    Matthew was great too

SO - If anyone finds themselves with a spare weekend I can thoroughly recommend a trip down Manchester way - seems to be something on somewhere most weekends And boys - there are equally as many fabulous ladies - it's just that I was sooooo busy I didn't get all of their names.

Think I heard a rumour that a certain V &L will be there in May - maybe Gus can let us know if there's any truth in it.........

The Forum Legend
    I can thoroughly recommend a trip down Manchester way
    Don't you mean a trip up Manchester way Miss Sheena??

Steve

No - last time I looked - Manchester was in England and that is down the way from here

The Forum Legend
    But you didn't specify that you were only talking to the people in Scotland....

What about all the people in London, and the Midlands and Bristol who read this forum.....

Or aren't we invited??

Steve

Originally posted by TheTramp
    What about all the people in London, and the Midlands and Bristol who read this forum.....

Or aren't we invited??

Steve
    ALL are invited ... and many come! In addition to being graced by the presence of Heather and Sheena we also had Helen Z from Leeds, Lynn from Newcastle (winner of Ceroc Scotland Advanced), Alfie and Ness from Birmingham and other happy wanderers from across the UK. What was nice that we had some of the best dancers ... e.g. Pete, Keith, Janey, Matt ... all making time to dance with everyone they could ... great atmosphere.

Hoping to get some of the Scottish lads dwon soon and see if they can live up to the great reputation that Scottish Dancers have down here due to the great dancing from visitors such as FC, Bill, Fran, 'Lovely' Roy, Sheena Heather .... tough act to follow

Sheena has said it all....

Had an absolutely BRILLIANT time down in Manchester, what Sheena says is true, it was really great to meet and put faces to yet some other Forum Members!!!! Not to mention the great dances we had!!
    I only have one complaint!!! If you are a shopaholic DON'T go shopping with Gus, he is Soooooo strict!! He didn't give us girls nearly long enough to shop and doesn't he know that it's part of the female shopping ritual to go back to the very first shop you went to Seriously, Gus is a wonderful host, great company and he made Sheena and I feel like VIP's. Can't wait to go back- if he'll have us!!

Heather,

Re: Sheena has said it all....

Originally posted by Heather
    If you are a shopaholic DON'T go shopping with Gus, he is Soooooo strict!! He didn't give us girls nearly long enough to shop and doesn't he know that it's part of the female shopping ritual to go back to the very first shop you went to
    Ahem ... ladies be carefull or I will reveal all about;

• The 'goth' corsets you were eyeing up
    • the visit to the sex shop
    • Who's bed you were in
    • The Ceroc/Karaoke frenzy (all on video)
    • Matt's Hareem dancers (also on video)

Sufficeth to say that Sheena and Heather carried on where FC left off and made a memorable debut on the Cheshire scene.

I'm open to bribes for further information (or video copies) of the above.

You cad sir!

Ahem! Gus!

Next thing you'll be trying to tell them that we were all NAKED under our clothes

and by the way............

WHO WAS IT who knew where the sex shop was???????

Re: Party People

Originally posted by Sheena
    the music was brilliant (only dodgy record was "It's Raining Men!")
    OK ...so what is dodgy about "Its Raining Men" ... WeatherGirls version only of course!!

Re: Re: Party People

Originally posted by Gus

OK ...so what is dodgy about "Its Raining Men" ... WeatherGirls version only of course!!
    Gus - this wouldn't be you changing the subject quickly in a bid not to be found out knowing the whereabouts of certain questionable shopping establishments would it?:sorry :sorry

ok - I'll agree that the Weathergirls version is the only one that should be played - but it just gets played ALL the time and I'm a wee bit fed up of it - and it was the only ONE that I thought was dodgy - and I would have danced to it with you - if you'd only asked

Thread Information