Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The right to leave

The right to leave

Any one seen this doing the rounds ??

Note it doesnt originate from me but was interesting
    -------------------------------------------

Subject: Fwd: RE: The Right to Leave

United Kingdom - The Right to Leave

Our Country - YOU, the immigrants, have the right - the right to leave !
    After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights!!!!!
    After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered!!!!!
    The above was the final straw in many bureaucratic changes of gross stupidity over the past few years & prompted this editorial, written by a UK citizen, to be published in a British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITAIN'S, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is honourably seeking a better life by coming to Britain.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of London being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

If ST Georges cross offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change. Try understand, we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and if you are prepared to integrate honourably, we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom,
    "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then go!! We didn't force you to come here.
    Remember, YOU asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.
    No matter how many times you receive it... please forward it to all you know.

-------------------------------------------------------

Re: The right to leave

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38
    "In God We Trust" is our National Motto.
    Yeah, in America!?!?
    If ST Georges cross offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. ā€“ Steve Martin, LA Story

Either the Daily Mail or the BNP I would guess...

snips racist polemic
    I HATE that forward to all you know thing waste of bandwidth

EDIT:

To redress the balance slightly, I would like to recommend http://www.icar.org.uk/?lid=4915 - a factsheet on public opinion from the Information Centre about Asylum and Refugees (ICAR). It is quite horrifying how ill-informed and unbalanced media reporting is in this country.
    Last edited by LMC; 31st-August-2005 at 11:43 PM.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

After many cities not wanting to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights!!!!!
    After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered!!!!!
    The above was the final straw in many bureaucratic changes of gross stupidity over the past few years & prompted this editorial, written by a UK citizen, to be published in a British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT BRITAIN'S, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is honourably seeking a better life by coming to Britain.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of London being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, Learn the Language!

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God is part of our culture.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change. Try understand, we really don't care how you did things where you came from.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and if you are prepared to integrate honourably, we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom,
    "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".

If you aren't happy here then go!! We didn't force you to come here.
    Remember, YOU asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted. Pretty easy really, when you think about it.

I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies) it will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please.

Speaking as a non-Christian, and as a part of an immigrant minority (non-Christian) community, I have always felt at home with the fact that this is a Christian country, that (school) Christmas nativity plays were religious, that we have holidays based around Christian festivals, and other religious effects upon daily life.

I find irony in the (oft stated) fact that some of the faiths which do object to Christian symbolism in the UK are in turn the least tolerant of other cultures in countries where that other faith forms an established part of a national government.

However, when it comes to claims of patriotism, and protecting 'our culture' from outside influence - alarm bells start to ring in my head. Our culture, like our language, is not a homogeneous thing; each generation brings new influences via immigration and the media and that is only a good thing. I say 'our' culture for although I belong to a minority community I claim a tiny but an equal share in what is 'British' to that of every other person entitled to bear a British passport.

Overall, I'd say the tone of the piece and much of its content was a load of rabble-rousing rhetoric without a lot of merit.
    Last edited by El Salsero Gringo; 31st-August-2005 at 11:45 PM.

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    Overall, I'd say the tone of the piece and much of its content was a load of rabble-rousing rhetoric without a lot of merit.

Stewart, did you post this for our "information" or do you really agree with it?

Quote Originally Posted by azande

Stewart, did you post this for our "information" or do you really agree with it?
    No i do not agree with it all but just posted it for comments.

If it causes offence ,

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

ok but................if you go to other certain countries you have to abide by their rules, religions, beliefs, language, no bare flesh on show, no alcohol, no certain meats, celebrate their religious festivals, they stick firmly to their culture & don't make allowances for ours, or very little. It's their country & their way of life & that's how it should be. When in Rome etc etc etc. Why have we given up our way of life?? Why can't we have pictures of our Queen up in the schools?? Why do we have to learn, celebrate other religions?? With all due respect we are a christian country & if any one of us wanted to learn another language or know about another religion we are capable of going to evening classes, of joining another church, temple, mosque etc. Yes it's nice to be taught a little as part of our history lesson but to have it in your face (daily as it is in schools these days) at the cost of our own language, religion, lifestyle is bang out of order. If they choose to live in our country they should live as we do, otherwise stay where they are. I'm sure we would not be treated with such respect in their country, we would have to live in their country in their way.

No disrespect meant by the way.

Ceroc DJ

Interesting though, that when the beer drinking english louts go abroad and take their "culture" with them, that some of the countries they visit aren;t particularly happy but rather than be politically correct and "accept" it they are looking to ban it !

hmmm ... more fool us methinks!

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Locket
    ok but................if you go to other certain countries you have to abide by their rules, religions, beliefs, language, no bare flesh on show, no alcohol, no certain meats, celebrate their religious festivals, they stick firmly to their culture & don't make allowances for ours, or very little. It's their country & their way of life & that's how it should be. When in Rome etc etc etc. Why have we given up our way of life?? Why can't we have pictures of our Queen up in the schools?? Why do we have to learn, celebrate other religions?? With all due respect we are a christian country & if any one of us wanted to learn another language or know about another religion we are capable of going to evening classes, of joining another church, temple, mosque etc. Yes it's nice to be taught a little as part of our history lesson but to have it in your face (daily as it is in schools these days) at the cost of our own language, religion, lifestyle is bang out of order. If they choose to live in our country they should live as we do, otherwise stay where they are. I'm sure we would not be treated with such respect in their country, we would have to live in their country in their way.

No disrespect meant by the way.

Coming from a mixed race family .... I agree TOTALY with the sentiment ... if not with the tone Aside from failing heavily on the "cricket" test, my mother integrated into the British way of life (even though ther were always some bigoted racist b*****ds around to make that problematic at times). It is the UK culture that makes us what we are. Can you imagine the furore if signicant influx of migrants (be them Eurpopean, Asia or ... God forbid .... English) started to move Scotlands 'culture' away from its proud roots (like giving them a decent football goalkeeper for the national side)!

Tolerance is a two edged sword. There has to be limits and there has to be give and take on both sides. Oh ... little point ... I can understand the feeling of loosing ones culture ... I was walking to a friends house the oether night and in the 10 minute walk I saw about every 'race' under the sun (Greek, Asian, chinese, West Indian, Arab) but only 3 white faces..... who is the ethnic minority now?

(PS ... did you see that we now cant even put up poster on the tube without the ITALIAN migrants getting offended

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Locket
    if any one of us wanted to learn another language... we are capable of going to evening classes
    So you don't support the learning of, say, French, Spanish or Italian in schools? Or else which languages are you saying aren't worth learning?
    If they choose to live in our country they should live as we do, otherwise stay where they are. I'm sure we would not be treated with such respect in their country, we would have to live in their country in their way.
    The gaping hole in this argument (so big that perhaps you can't see it) is that the people I suspect you are talking about are British and this is their country. If you are going to show a complete and total disregard for their cultural heritage, why should you expect any for yours in return?

Meglio del Cioccolato Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Coming from a mixed race family .... I agree TOTALY with the sentiment ...
    ~SNIP~
    I can understand the feeling of loosing ones culture ...
    sorry but can't get my head round these two statements in the same post...

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oooh, fight...

OK, so that covers, let's see:
    - Celts (all that silly blue make-up)
    - Romans (and what did they ever do for us, hmmm?)
    - Angles (grabbing all the sunloungers)
    - Saxons (ditto, plus they're blonde)
    - Dubliners (Bloody Irish)
    - Norsemen (what is pillaging, anyway?)
    - Normans (weirdo French people)
    - Jews (talking too much during dance classes)

And then we get to the 20th Century, and find there's, err, nobody left...

Actually, this is the only part of this loony rant that I can identify with - in my opinion successive UK governments have been shamelessly careless about promoting Enlish language tuition to aid immigrants settle into this country. But I suspect that's not exactly the sentiment behind the statement.

"In God We Trust" is our National Motto.
    Is is? I thought it was more like "Come on Flintoff"?

This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.
    OK, I'm making a crazy guess that this is indeed not about the UK now... I'm not totally sure who "founded" England, in fact, but I'm guessing it was more founded on vast amounts of blood and gore than principles.

Oh good, that's exactly the sort of thing to post in the cerocscotland forum

Finally: CAPS and Initial Caps and multiple exclamation marks - the sign of a diseased mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    You missed the Huguenots (also wierdo French.)

Oooh, fight...

And then we get to the 20th Century, and find there's, err, nobody left...

Actually, this is the only part of this loony rant that I can identify with - in my opinion successive UK governments have been shamelessly careless about promoting Enlish language tuition to aid immigrants settle into this country. But I suspect that's not exactly the sentiment behind the statement.

Is is? I thought it was more like "Come on Flintoff"?

OK, I'm making a crazy guess that this is indeed not about the UK now... I'm not totally sure who "founded" England, in fact, but I'm guessing it was more founded on vast amounts of blood and gore than principles.

Oh good, that's exactly the sort of thing to post in the cerocscotland forum

Finally: CAPS and Initial Caps and multiple exclamation marks - the sign of a diseased mind.

The problem is if you cant have a serious debate about this what do you end up with ?

I had a women from Israel at Hammersmith ceroc going on about how crap London was and she wished she could live in New York (they wouldnt let her) .
    She had left Israel a few years earlier, I should have told her to go home. Thats not racist or anything all Im saying is stop knocking our country.

I didnt right the above and i made that clear so please dont quote me as if I have !

Quote Originally Posted by azande
    sorry but can't get my head round these two statements in the same post...
    The decision to move to the UK was my mothers ... though she is still obviously part Jamaican she saw no reason for the UK to change its culture to adopt hers ... though in reality the tolerance of the UK culture is such that it has allowed elements of the Jamaican culture to flourish (e.g. Carnival). Sorry if my posting wasn't that clear. Its a very complex subject and I have a range of views on it, not all compatible. I think my baseline is that if you come to the UK, you have to accepth the UK on its terms and not EXPECT it to move to you. In reality the cross fertilisation can be a very positive thing ... unfortunately it is now threatening our way of life in some areas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    You missed the Huguenots (also wierdo French.)
    Oh sure, I missed dozens - I didn't even mention the Welsh, Scots / Picts, Belgae, Dutch, etc. If the Welsh and Irish left, I'd only be 25% here. Cue obvious comeback

Most of that list was just remembered from that lovely board-game "Britannia" - it really brings it home to you how many different peoples have come here over the centuries.

Blog Entries

The problem is if you cant have a serious debate about this what do you end up with ?
    I've no problems with a serious debate about anything (except possibly what foot to step back on), but that's not a call for a serious debate, that's just a weird mix of US and UK right-wing nutty nationalism.

I had a women from Israel at Hammersmith ceroc going on about how crap London was and she wished she could live in New York (they wouldnt let her) .

She had left Israel a few years earlier, I should have told her to go home.
    Obnoxious people aren't confined by nationality - and I see nothing wrong with you telling her to shut up, to move away from London if she doesn't like it, or indeed to sit with the other obnoxious people in the no-row

I didnt right the above and i made that clear so please dont quote me as if I have !
    Well, sure - but without any accompanying comment in the first post, one should presume that you posted it because you agree with some or all of it. If you'd said "Look at this pile of poo", fine, but otherwise...

Well, sure - but without any accompanying comment in the first post, one should presume that you posted it because you agree with some or all of it. If you'd said "Look at this pile of poo", fine, but otherwise...
    I thought my comment it doesnt come from me would make sense and its not a pile of poo

Now go to to refusal row for 3 weeks

, We or it... please forward it to all you know.

OK, I'm making a crazy guess that this is indeed not about the UK now...
    As you and I thought... from a quick google, I've found versions for both America and Australia. From the content, it appears the American one was first ā€“ "Our Pledge", "In God We Trust", the listed foreign languages, plus a bit about "First Amendment rights".

It's telling that the people who adapted it were either too ignorant to correctly tailor it for their country, or else they were just being cynical.

Either way... it's a nasty piece of work.

Perhaps in London and England some people feel that their culture is being threatened. I don't think this feeling is as strong in Scotland, and I'm very happy at the recent immigration to Scotland of the "New Europeans" from Eastern Europe... I'd encourage them to learn our language, but even if they don't, their children will.

(Hmm... So-much for me going cold turkey... )
    Let your mind go and your body will follow. ā€“ Steve Martin, LA Story

Thread Information