Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help/advice needed...

Re: Help/advice needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    Yes, it was only a dance. And yet, the word only seems wrong. Funnily enough, if it were more then the dance would have been sullied, impure. If it was something more, then it would actually be something less: as it would not have been about our souls, the music, our connection and that moment but something more tacky.

It was my first experience, as you know, of that sort. Am left wanting another one, but scared that another one will reduce the effect. I think I'll get more "special" dances but not too many of those.

In answer to ZW, yes it was so meaningful. I'd never regard it as meaningless: it has touched me most profoundly, and I'm delighted it has happened.

If anyone has any tales to share on this vein, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.
    Absolutely CJ - it is just the dance and that is what is so perfect. I've been there too.

We aren't talking about a dance where you think the other person is hot/sexy/gorgeous and you swoon to be sharing an intimate moment with them... that's NOT it at all. (although they can be pretty bl**dy good too)

We are talking about an amazing experience that I can best describe as "spiritual". Somehow the combination of musical rhythm, and movement perfectly aligned with another being, as well as living completely in that moment all come together in an exhilirating feeling for a few brief minutes.

Again the description sounds kind of sexual, but the experience really wasn't.

And I'll also admit that my favourite, most "spiritual" dance was dancing a foxtrot, not Ceroc. Although Ceroc has done it to me too.

Unfortunately it has been a while since I've been there, and I don't know if it will happen again but the memory will keep me trying for it for a very long time.

I've also noticed that even fantastic dances (i.e. those short of spiritual) are nearly impossible to repeat. The same music and the same partner even at the same venue will not reproduce the same results. It has to be more innocent and less manufactured or it won't work.

So heck - get out there and dance with everyone! Surely the more we dance, the better chance we'll have of finding that experience again. Surely you couldn't possibly over-do it or dull the experience.

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Help/advice needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruella
    Unfortunately i've had many fantastic dances, but alas i'm still waiting for the knee trembler dance. Maybe when i get to dance in Scotland at the weekend.............
    Well i went to Scotland! And there was one person there who came very close to giving me one of these dancing moments. It was Brady. He is probably sick of me gushing about how fab a dancer he is. But hey, compliments given where they are deserved.

Thread Information