Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help/advice needed...

Commercial Operator

Help/advice needed...

I am a dancer of probably an advanced intermediate level, if that.

I know some nice moves, but don't execute them with style. I have musicality by the hundred weight, but not enough floor craft.

So, here is my plea...

I have had lots of good dances, some GREAT dances, a few wonderful dances and a couple of "special" dances that will stay with me for all my life.

However, we have discovered a new concept: a dance that makes you LITERALLY go weak @ the knees... Recently, I danced with someone, the music, the timing, the partner were all right for that 4mins 44 secs. AT the end of the dance, I said "thank you," then had to struggle to my seat as my legs were trembling, my heart was aflutter and I felt somewhat disengaged from my surroundings.

All VERY pleasant, but surprising to say the least.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Please save my sanity, paranoia, etc, etc, etc

Please don't extract the Michael too much: I'm feeling surprisingly bare, open and unsure about this...

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Re: Help/advice needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Ceroc Jock
    Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Please save my sanity, paranoia, etc, etc, etc

Please don't extract the Michael too much: I'm feeling surprisingly bare, open and unsure about this...
    Yeah - been there, done that

then much later realized it was just a dance

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Recently, I danced with someone, the music, the timing, the partner were all right for that 4mins 44 secs.
    I thought you said I was a bad follow? ...surely it wasnt that recent either

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    I thought you said I was a bad follow? ...surely it wasnt that recent either
    No no no, DS.... It was the time you led!!!! Not followed... remember, u changed roles!!!

To keeps us on the straight an narrow here (yes me) I have to agree i have had at least 1 dance that was just knee jerkingly wonderful that you HAD to go sit down!

4mins 44 secs
    Come on then, who's going to work out the track?

Donna

I know some nice moves, but don't execute them with style. I have musicality by the hundred weight, but not enough floor craft.

So, here is my plea...

I have had lots of good dances, some GREAT dances, a few wonderful dances and a couple of "special" dances that will stay with me for all my life.

However, we have discovered a new concept: a dance that makes you LITERALLY go weak @ the knees... Recently, I danced with someone, the music, the timing, the partner were all right for that 4mins 44 secs. AT the end of the dance, I said "thank you," then had to struggle to my seat as my legs were trembling, my heart was aflutter and I felt somewhat disengaged from my surroundings.

I certainly have!!!!!

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoC
    Come on then, who's going to work out the track?
    Well, I have one of his favs pegged at 4.49.......so can't be that one........

And CJ, yes me too
    "If you rebel against high heels, take care to do so in a very smart hat.'' George Bernard Shaw

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Unfortunately i've had many fantastic dances, but alas i'm still waiting for the knee trembler dance. Maybe when i get to dance in Scotland at the weekend.............

So, here is my plea...

Doesn't seem to me you need help or advice
    Well done mate!
    I've only had a cuppla dances that have come even close to that, and yes it does shake you.

Nice one CJ! I am racking my brains trying to think what track it could have been.

I have a had a few of those. I remember Miss Conduct looking at my face in disbelief before leaping up to help me walk to the edge of the floor! I was frozen like a rabbit in the headlights. It was a really deep experience, but also only a dance, and also hysterically funny to watch.

I have sometimes clocked her dance face while she's having one too, and winked at her knowlingly.

I do try not to think about it too much...

Once I start thinking :

How can something so meaningful be so meaning-less?
    Is it meaning-less?
    What does it mean???

Aarrgghh...that way lies insomnia... .

But as you have a new baby I guess you're awake anyway....

Perhaps you could think it all through and report back?

All I know is that, for me it's the Nirvana that keeps me driving miles and miles through the night, and carrying on dancing when my feet are sore, and it's why I have to change my top.

ZW
    Last edited by Zebra Woman; 31st-August-2005 at 05:34 PM.

No not yet, but I would like to
    Preserve it in your memory, moments like this in life are all too rare

I was lucky enough to experience a run of dances that produced this effect (with the same person) in June at Southport. I had managed to keep my romantic life and dancing life pretty much seperate prior to that (with 1 indiscretion), and the experience knocked me off my feet. Luckily I was single and now am able to recreate the experience on a regular basis - HURRAH!!!

Whether it be the partner, the dance, the track, the atmosphere, your mood, mental state, capacity, intoxication - perhaps all of the above, in the end, perhaps for us all, when you love to dance 'the rhythm is gonna get you'. . .

Personally I'm glad x

I have had that experience a few times. I suspect at least two of my partners felt the same, and felt very shaken by it. Sadly, I now avoid the possibility by deliberately over-doing anything that might trigger it, avoiding the "Less is more" syndrome. Clumpy by design...

Well, I've had a few dances, just a few, where I've had to go take a seat for the next two or three songs. Knee trembling, fluttering heart? Perhaps not - but I definately needed to rest and savour the feeling. Always with those dancers who are completely out of my league, unsurprisingly.

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

Wow, sounds like a really great dance, i'd like to experience one of those too

I had a dance like that it was to a fast track, I was knackered my knees gave way as I crawled to my seat for a well deserved rest.

Commercial Operator

Thank you all for your honesty: (PM's and rep, too.) I appreciate it.

Yes, it was only a dance. And yet, the word only seems wrong. Funnily enough, if it were more then the dance would have been sullied, impure. If it was something more, then it would actually be something less: as it would not have been about our souls, the music, our connection and that moment but something more tacky.

It was my first experience, as you know, of that sort. Am left wanting another one, but scared that another one will reduce the effect. I think I'll get more "special" dances but not too many of those.

In answer to ZW, yes it was so meaningful. I'd never regard it as meaningless: it has touched me most profoundly, and I'm delighted it has happened.

Am looking forward to the comp and, I hope, some great dancing.

If anyone has any tales to share on this vein, I'm sure we'd all be grateful.

The song??

Quote Originally Posted by ceroc Jock
    It was my first experience, as you know, of that sort. Am left wanting another one, but scared that another one will reduce the effect. I think I'll get more "special" dances but not too many of those.
    Yes that is a massive worry. I had a huge expectation after my first one, and developed an obsession about trying to get the same dancer to the same song again... It was good but never quite the same again. That's life eh? The birth of your second child will never eclipse the miraculous revelation of the birth of your first child will it? But on the other hand, if you remain open to it, it can happen when you're not expecting it - to a song you don't adore, with a partner you didn't think you were going to click with . That's a big plus IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ceroc jock
    In answer to ZW, yes it was so meaningful. I'd never regard it as meaningless: it has touched me most profoundly, and I'm delighted it has happened.
    I am really pleased for you too. I can't really type what I mean here, I'll have another go...sorry

Maybe I meant

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    How can something so meaningless be so meaning-ful?

ZW
    Oh I don't know.

It's a dance which is deemed to be a fairly frivolous pastime..... but it's also really deep and spiritual and moving. For the 4 minutes 20 seconds it's absolutely extremely REAL. I feel completely raw....without any layers of protection at all.

What I mean is, powerful though those feelings are , it doesn't mean that I would want to do anything more than dance with that person. So by that reckoning it's fairly shallow.

Have I gone round and round here?

I knew it!

Like I said before - maybe best not to think about it too deeply.

ZW

I WANT ONE

(of those dances)

*swooning* just at descriptions

Seriously, beautiful and honest thread - thank you CJ & ZW especially for showing me something else to aspire to

I have had a couple of those such dances with DavidB - I call them orgasmic dances doesn't happen very often but when it does it is almost as good as sex It's not just the track, it is a combination of many things (need Ash here for this one)

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Thread Information