Thread: Scotland

Scotland

Hello all you're scottish people ;P

First of all i would like to say that i'm from Denmark, which means that i'm not that great at spelling ;P

Well.. I've just made this thread because i would like to know which mountain i've just seen in TV is..

I've know this about it:
    - Mount croc an F (Something more)
    - It's in the Upper scotland..

I would like to know:
    - The full name..
    - Where it is..

Please answer me on this thread ;D

//Odessa - Denmark

Re: Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa

First of all i would like to say that i'm from Denmark, which means that i'm not that great at spelling ;P

Well.. I've just made this thread because i would like to know which mountain i've just seen in TV is..

I've know this about it:
    - It's in the Upper scotland..

I would like to know:
    - The full name..
    - Where it is..

Please answer me on this thread ;D

//Odessa - Denmark
    Hi Odessa, good to hear from you, there are many mountains in the Scottish highlands with names such as Croc an Laith...but it's hard to know which one you meant. But I'm not Scottish, I guess I should let a Scot answer this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Odessa

I've know this about it:
    Hello Odessa, what a gorgeous name!!! Little Monkey's your woman for this sort of question. without question...hillwalker extraordinaire! i've looked in my Munro book but to no avail, not got the in depth knowledge. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JoC
    Hello Odessa, what a gorgeous name!!! Little Monkey's your woman for this sort of question. without question...hillwalker extraordinaire! i've looked in my Munro book but to no avail, not got the in depth knowledge. Good luck.
    Ummmm..... Little Monkey is a bit lost on this one...... You sure it's Mount croc an F....... something? Out of the Munroes (mountains over 3000ft), there's only one with Mount in the name, and that's Mount Keen. Also hardly any corbetts with 'Mount' in it's name. Instead of 'Mount xxx' , Scottish mountains will often have names starting on Ben, Beinn, Meall, Carn or Sgurr, meaning hill/ peak. Obviously it could be a smaller mountain you're after.....? But without even an approximate location, it's difficult to find out which one you mean

One suggestions: Could it be Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair? (Near Dundonell, NW Scotland).

You can also have a look at http://www.scotclimb.org.uk/munros.phtml?c=Munro&s=All, to see if you find your mountain there.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

LM

Hi there
    I am Norwegian and live in Bonnie Scotland. Scotland have so many amazing mountains and is extremely beautiful and I've been fortunate enough to walk up many a lovely hill and mountian here. If you ever get a chance you should come across and explore.
    Done a wee search and could not find exact match for the particular hill you were looking for: Some options: Croc nan Aighean, Cairn an Fhidhleir or
    Carn nan Gobhar - all kind of close match...?
    We have a total of 284 mountains called "Munro's" meaning they are 915+ meters high. There are also 220 "Corbetts" - mountains between 762 and 915 m. 224 "Grahams" - mountains between 610 and 762 m and 89 "Donald's" 610m + so options for hillwalking are just incredible and never far from a lovely village or city or cosy B&B etc. Brilliant country to travel (and live) in!
    Check out htttp://www.visitscotland.com for ideas
    http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/gshaw/nw_frame.htm
    http://www.walkaboutscotland.com - great for short breaks, daytrips etc - in small groups or just you and your friend(s) - really good and provides excellent guides for map-reading and a fun and friendly bunch
    http://www.userszetnet.co.uk (lovely photo's of hill)

Take care
    Mon x

Thanks ;D
    You've all really been helpfull to me!
    Thanks again!

//Odessa

Thread Information