Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Giving" a dance

Re: "Giving" a dance

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    I expect I probably have said that on occasion. I would be more likely to use it in the circumstance where I felt we had had a really good connection, so it felt as if she was giving of herself to me, rather than contributing to the dance partnership in a more abstract way. Does that make any sense?
    Yes I think so. The best dances have to be those where each partner is giving of themselves completely. (Harp music please and angels.)

Having said that, I think it's always going to be difficult to resist that grateful feeling when someone better dances with you, and it's great, and you're going to go home smiling whatever happens the rest of the night, leaving you with a bit of a feeling that yes, they did do you a favour.

Who's the friend DJ so we can all make a point of slapping her on the bum and saying 'good girl' after a dance so's not to offend her with overly grateful tones?
    Last edited by JoC; 26th-August-2005 at 12:47 PM. Reason: thought the friend was a man

Quote Originally Posted by JoC
    Yes I think so. The best dances have to be those where each partner is giving of themselves completely. (Harp music please and angels.)

Having said that, I think it's always going to be difficult to resist that grateful feeling when someone better dances with you, and it's great, and you're going to go home smiling whatever happens the rest of the night, leaving you with a bit of a feeling that yes, they did do you a favour.

More please.

Donna

You know that is sooooo true JoC. I remember when I hadn't been dancing long and if I danced with someone who is was superb...that would leave a smile on my face on the journey back home too.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Who's the friend DJ so we can all make a point of slapping her on the bum and saying 'good girl' after a dance so's not to offend her with overly grateful tones?

I'd just love to be able to comment on that, but it's a public forum and it's not upstairs... yet.

Its lovely when you have dances like that!

Donna

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Its lovely when you have dances like that!
    Too right!!

Thread Information