Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: who says men are better drivers?

Re: who says men are better drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    Don't you just hate a know-it-all?
    But don't let me interrupt the flow of interesting if unscientific anecdotal evidence....

My favourite accident was caused by a woman who was turning right out of a T-junction and who had driven over the line but decided she couldn't get across. She decided she was too far into the road so she would reverse back into the side street. Naturally looking behind her didn't occur to her.......luckily she realised her mistake and was only just rolling by the point of impact, so no damage was done.

Glitter Queen

Graham is our forum satistician, it's his job to 'know it all', and I actually wondered whether higher insurance premiums for men were because of the higher proportion of serious/high damage/fatal incidents on the roads caused by men - and now, thanks to Graham, I know!

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Personally I've known many more bad female drivers than male. Some of the best drivers I know are female though . Statistics are meaningless anyway - would you trust a female driver with your life just because shes female?

They shoud ban cheaper insurance aimed only at females. Its sexist. After all it would be daft to have a cheaper insurance price for brunettes, jews, or film stars but statistically you could prove that on average they claimed on their insurance less than some other group too!

Im sure Jews have less accidents than Christians simply because they never have the "Honk if you love Jesus" in the back window.

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Lets see if anyone can beat this story.

The worst piece of driving I've ever seen was on the High Street in Falkirk. its pedestrianised so has delivery trucks/vans, police cars and no other traffic. It has traffic lights at the end for going out into a busy 3 lane road.

A woman (on at least 2 occasions that I saw...same woman) would drive the WRONG way through the traffic lights and park a few cars lengths in. She would then go do her High Street shopping whilst leaving her 10 year old (ish) daughter in the car. Then come back some time later to REVERSE through the lights onto the major road REGARDLESS of the lights. Shes was clearly mental or had very bad eyesight indeed...and she drives a car...on the roads I do....

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Lets see if anyone can beat this story.

The worst piece of driving I've ever seen was on the High Street in Falkirk. its pedestrianised so has delivery trucks/vans, police cars and no other traffic. It has traffic lights at the end for going out into a busy 3 lane road.

A woman (on at least 2 occasions that I saw...same woman) would drive the WRONG way through the traffic lights and park a few cars lengths in. She would then go do her High Street shopping whilst leaving her 10 year old (ish) daughter in the car. Then come back some time later to REVERSE through the lights onto the major road REGARDLESS of the lights. Shes was clearly mental or had very bad eyesight indeed...and she drives a car...on the roads I do....
    I saw a man once, who had clearly realised he had taken the wrong turning off the M25, get onto the roundabout at the end of the slip road, reverse off it, and continue to reverse back down the slip road and back onto the motorway, in the dark with one headlight out.

I saw a man once, who had clearly realised he had taken the wrong turning off the M25, get onto the roundabout at the end of the slip road, reverse off it, and continue to reverse back down the slip road and back onto the motorway, in the dark with one headlight out.
    yes that was me , i was texting my friend of the mistake id made at the time ??

One thing I do know for a 'fact' men are far better map readers then women

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38

Won't argue there, not for a second, but will just mention that women are more inclined to look at the map before they get hopelessly lost, and will also pull over, work out where they are and then carry on, instead of just keeping going in some vain attempt to work it out eventually!

Oh, I agree!!!! That's why I drive the car and Simon reads the map - of course, we get lost quite a bit, but my driving record is exemplorary!

Elaine
    (Claims Manager!!!!)

I've never had an accident................but I've seen HUNDREDS

Daisy

(An F1 FLower)

Except whilst reading a map and driving at the same time - and yes, I had one of those a few weeks ago - hit the back of a stationary vehicle, which shunted it into another.......3 write offs and injuries! Driver? Male...

Elaine

Registered User Northants Girly's Avatar

Won't argue there, not for a second, but will just mention that women are more inclined to look at the map before they get hopelessly lost, and will also pull over, work out where they are and then carry on, instead of just keeping going in some vain attempt to work it out eventually!
    And if women are doing the driving they do take notice of any passenger sat beside them reading the map.

However, when roles are reversed and the woman is doing the map reading while the man drives the man takes absolutely no notice of what the woman says as he thinks he knows better . . . .

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

i'm a very good map reader actually & always navigated for my dad from a very young age. thank you. i just don't like driving & navigating at the same time coz i'm holding a piece of paper, looking at signs & trying to concentrate on traffic at the same time.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Boy, better keep you away from ESG in future then

But to answer your question, No, I'm mature enough to him. But then, I'm a man.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

That's because men aren't scared of driving along a road without the 'safety-net' of knowing exactly where we are, or where the road we're driving along ends up. And it's a very good way of learning your way around, because then you know where that road goes!

From a recent survey (can't remember where)

Good women drivers, have more road sense then their counterparts
    Bad male drivers and far more danger on the road then female bad drivers

And there are more male pensioners on the road than female pensioners who drive less than 25mph and cause more road rage

and talking about Road Rage - men definitely have the prize for that

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    That's because men aren't scared of driving along a road without the 'safety-net' of knowing exactly where we are, or where the road we're driving along ends up. And it's a very good way of learning your way around, because then you know where that road goes!
    Not if you haven't got a clue where you are already, or how to get to where you need to be, or will probably never go back there in your life anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by El Salsero Gringo
    Would you lot like to PM me to let me know when you're out driving, so I can stay at home please?

As long as you lot all have your organ donation cards (and have told your next of kin your wishes

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ballroom queen View Post
    As long as you lot all have your organ donation cards (and have told your next of kin your wishes

no need now

Thread Information