Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X Factor

X Factor

Well the new series of X Factor started last Saturday. It never fails to amaze me at the people auditioning!!

There are some people that a, believe that they're good enough to audition and b, believe they can actually win. And yet they have absolutly no musical talent at all.

And the families who actually encourage their daughter or son to audition, when they have no way of even passing the first stage.

If that was a friend of family member, im sure I wouldnt encourage them if I knew they were rubbish.

And already the judges are falling out

So what does everyone else think of it all??

Re: X Factor

Quote Originally Posted by puresunrays
    Well the new series of X Factor started last Saturday. It never fails to amaze me at the people auditioning!!

There are some people that a, believe that they're good enough to audition and b, believe they can actually win. And yet they have absolutly no musical talent at all.

And the families who actually encourage their daughter or son to audition, when they have no way of even passing the first stage.

If that was a friend of family member, im sure I wouldnt encourage them if I knew they were rubbish.

And already the judges are falling out

So what does everyone else think of it all??
    OMG did it really , I cant believe I missed it. WOW.... think I might of been too busy having a life...Why stay in on a saturday night listening to wanna be's that aint ever gonna be, when there is dancing to be done?

WHY..... do they not have self control? Why show yourself up in front of the nation? What makes them think they are special or can sing? ( too busy LMAO )

Tell you what it is...... some people have such a high misleading opinion of themselves its frightening. I am all for talent but this so called prime viewing ( ) takes the biscuit. What do we pay licence fees for? ( not that i am ever in to watch tv mind) .........

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hardly ever watch TV but the X Factor is one I hate to miss! especially the first stages, it's hilarious!

I'm with PSR's, I can't understand what gets into these people, except as Simon says, nearly all of them are nutters!

I'm surprised my flasher from Greenwich wasn't on there

And to WittyBird, one of the reasons I love it, is cos it's a programme that all the family like to watch together!

Sunday nights in my house (yes it's on again at 8pm on ITV2) are spent snuggled up on the sofa, with my teenagers, all laughing together... (quite often their mates will turn up too, cos they know they'll be welcomed and there's usually a 'bad' selection of rubbishy snacks on offer ) that's 'having a life' to me and very precious these times are too!

Anyone who's been to my house, will know exactly what I mean.

It all ends next month though when my daughter flees the nest and heads off to UNI
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

To be totally honest, I'd not know how to create that X factor 'on demand'. I can only imagine this to always look silly, unless there really is tension between the two people from the start. Even on a social dance floor it is hard enough in many cases.

So I can only to the people that have the guts to make total idiots of themselves going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    .......I'm surprised my flasher from Greenwich wasn't on there

Last year we had a dancer from Hipsters on it (Mo) in fact she was also on the Good Morning ITV prog too (won't comment on her performance )

Personally I love it - great entertainment value - and as Lory says for ALL the family

........daughter flees the nest and heads off to UNI
    gonna miss her on the dance floor

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

I hardly ever watch TV but the X Factor is one I hate to miss! especially the first stages, it's hilarious!
    Yes the early stages are most interesting as they are 'real' people - before they start to get 'managed' to try to get votes. I think there are two types of people - those who think they are really good, and argue and push to get through - and then those like that young guy - when he was asked before he went in if he was good enough, he hesitated and said that other people had said he could sing... I knew before even hearing him that he would probably be good - and he was. And he clearly wasn't expecting the judges very positive response (poor lad was almost in tears!). But I felt for the girl who really took the negative feedback to heart.

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn
    Yes the early stages are most interesting as they are 'real' people - before they start to get 'managed' to try to get votes. I think there are two types of people - those who think they are really good, and argue and push to get through - and then those like that young guy - when he was asked before he went in if he was good enough, he hesitated and said that other people had said he could sing... I knew before even hearing him that he would probably be good - and he was. And he clearly wasn't expecting the judges very positive response (poor lad was almost in tears!). But I felt for the girl who really took the negative feedback to heart.
    Yes, I agree Lynn, the young guy was really good But surely some of them must be doing it for a laugh!?! I hated how that girl, (19 wasn't she?) acted as if her whole life was leading up to that audition, and that, as her mum said that her life was now "ruined" Spare me, that couldn;t have been for real?

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
    I hated how that girl, (19 wasn't she?) acted as if her whole life was leading up to that audition, and that, as her mum said that her life was now "ruined" Spare me, that couldn;t have been for real?
    Oh! I thought the 'whole family' had just turned up to the wrong show and were auditioning for a mini soap opera?
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
    Yes, I agree Lynn, the young guy was really good But surely some of them must be doing it for a laugh!?! I hated how that girl, (19 wasn't she?) acted as if her whole life was leading up to that audition, and that, as her mum said that her life was now "ruined" Spare me, that couldn;t have been for real?
    I think she was as much upset by the judges comments, who without really meaning to seemed to say it was her look, her voice, everything about her that they didn't like. I did feel sorry for her, she was out on her own crying while her family abandoned her to plead with the judges! Her family probably are the ones to 'ruin' her dream by building up her hopes.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

- and then those like that young guy - when he was asked before he went in if he was good enough, he hesitated and said that other people had said he could sing... I knew before even hearing him that he would probably be good - and he was. And he clearly wasn't expecting the judges very positive response (poor lad was almost in tears!).
    What a voice.... was any one else expecting it, my jaw dropped just like the judges..... he was really good and not in a boy band way, in a solo artist way!

Measuring up patio to see if neighbour will fit under it

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M

Last year we had a dancer from Hipsters on it (Mo) in fact she was also on the Good Morning ITV prog too (won't comment on her performance )

Personally I love it - great entertainment value - and as Lory says for ALL the family

gonna miss her on the dance floor

No i wont comment on that performance either

Quote Originally Posted by drathzel
    What a voice.... was any one else expecting it, my jaw dropped just like the judges..... he was really good and not in a boy band way, in a solo artist way!
    I was the same, and yes even the judges - who are hearing literally thousands of people, sat in stunned silence for a few seconds. And the guy had no idea he was that good! Big contrast to the 'I should be a star' attitude of some of the rest!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Big contrast to the 'I should be a star' attitude of some of the rest!
    It was soooo refreshing! Would rather that than one of the " if i was a bar of chocolate i'd eat myself" Love mes' (punctuation?)

Speaking of good singers, I totally agree with you about that young lad, he was great!! But also the 16 year old girl who sang (Whitney?) was really good too.

I dont usually watch these shows after the first auditions bit, find it gets a bit boring, but I might, just to see how the two of them get on.

Quote Originally Posted by puresunrays
    Speaking of good singers, I totally agree with you about that young lad, he was great!! But also the 16 year old girl who sang (Whitney?) was really good too.
    Yes she was good. I'm sure the judges love it when they get people like that coming through the door - makes up for all the 'not so good' ones! (That and all the money they will make from the series of course!)

What really cracks me up is the people who fail their auditions, get all hot under the collar, then say to the camera that the judges have no understanding of the music business! If nothing else, the judges are experts on the music business, and on what sells.

Mind you, it does get on my nerves that these programmes are always about creating the next make-us-all-rich instant pop star. It's all about exploiting people for money. Wouldn't it be nice to have a programme based just on music, with entrants allowed to perform in any genre they want, without being shoe-horned into the pop puppet mould? A sort of X-Factor show with rock bands, classical-type singers, duets etc. all singing their own original songs. But then, in this current age of the throw-away pop star, that's probably too much to hope.

I'm aware that this sounds like a rant, but I have several friends and acquaintances who are very talented musicians who are doing things the hard way, playing local clubs and pubs, then moving on to national support tours, etc. Some of them have ended up with record deals, but only after a lot of hard work. I respect people like that, but it makes me really annoyed when the "I love myself" types appear on these TV shows and obviously think they deserve instant success.

It's also noticeable that in general (there are a few exceptions) the bands and solo artists who have built their own grass-roots following tend to have more staying power than the reality TV instant pop star types. It's a bit like comparing someone who's done an apprenticeship and learned their trade with someone whose rich daddy sets them up in business: which would do the best job?

OK, rant over. Normal service will now resume.

I'd never watched this programme before, but after having read this thread I thought I'd give it a go.

I never knew there were so many deluded people out there who thought they could sing. In some cases I thought Sharon Osbourne's dogs were more tuneful!

It all ends next month though when my daughter flees the nest and heads off to UNI
    I have a lovely daughter who would love to come and join you all on the sofa and she lives just round the corner too. What time can i send her round?

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Do you need to book this sofa in advance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Baruch
    What really cracks me up is the people who fail their auditions, get all hot under the collar, then say to the camera that the judges have no understanding of the music business! If nothing else, the judges are experts on the music business, and on what sells.
    This would never happen in dancing

Thread Information