Thread: Cocoa-loco...

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

Cocoa-loco...

Appropos of nothing (well, nothing I want to discuss on the forum), I have decided that the next skill I would like to acquire is the ability to make awesome hot chocolate.

So I need a good recipe/method. Has anyone got one? I figured one of you chocoholics MUST be able to help...

Re: Cocoa-loco...

...well I was working in Moscow for a week earlier this year and I discovered that Russians really do know how to make hot chocolate (well to my taste anyway). It's almost as if they just melt a huge bar of chocolate....put a bit of cream on top....stand a spoon up in it.....and serve it. With a glass of cold water because the drink is sooooooooooo rich, you really do need the water to go with it.

The temperature was minus 10 outside, so it was a great excuse to keep going inside to have a hot chocolate.

TiggsTours

Re: Cocoa-loco...

I found one that they make in Chile called a Submarino, absolutely amazing!

All you do is serve a big mug of hot, full fat, milk (normally wouldn't go for full fat, but who want to watch the calories when drinking hot chocolate!) with a healthy serving of you favourite tipple (Baileys works VERY well, due to its creamy nature) and a cold bar of chocolate! All you do is add the amount of chocolate to your choice to make a really thick hot chocolate, and you get to eat the rest! Superb!

Thread Information