Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Neck holds etc.

Re: Neck holds etc.

Talking about cross-body moves.

Saw ESG and Tessalicious giving me a demo of basic WCS moves on Monday. So graceful, so balanced. You guys are beautiful. Lurve, lurve, lurve.

CRL

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJames
    If it's as light a lead as I imagine, then to you for being able to follow it. Unless the guy just pulls your chin or something of course
    Well to be honest, the only person that has successfully lead that move with me was one of the top Salsa teachers out here, a guy named Gino .. everyone else just swipes all the makeup off my chin and makes me almost fall over

Quote Originally Posted by Anna
    everyone else just swipes all the makeup off my chin and makes me almost fall over
    I can't help reading this and picturing someone with so much make-up on that (s)wiping it off actually dramatically disrupts the weight distribution so much that they topple over backwards due to the reduced weight on the chin. (Sorry Anna , these images just appear, I can't control them...)

Donna

See, you missed out this vital piece of information...

I'm not actually sure what the chin thing is doing here - I suspect most followers in the UK might be similarly confused, as it's a very specific signal. Certainly, I can lead cross-body moves without it (i.e. left hand only), it's just a question of a clear invitational lead after a mambo step in MJ...

But I do like the chin idea in general - I was playing around with neck holds on Monday, there's a lot of potential there

Also, clockwise? surely the lady turns 1.5 turns anti-clockwise in a cross-body turn? (again)
    Sorry i missed a bit out. As he leads her around with his left he needs to pull her forward slightly around his right hand side, he turns himself under anti clockwise until he is facing her again, then repeat the move. When it's done correctly, it looks very sexy.

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Sorry i missed a bit out. As he leads her around with his left he needs to pull her forward slightly around his right hand side, he turns himself under anti clockwise until he is facing her again, then repeat the move. When it's done correctly, it looks very sexy.
    Every time I try and picture this I get very confused... I'm pretty sure this has no relationship to a crossbody move though - they all involve the man pulling the lady to his left (across his body - clever, huh?) and forward, at least as far as I know.

But your one does sound nice!

Donna

Every time I try and picture this I get very confused... I'm pretty sure this has no relationship to a crossbody move though - they all involve the man pulling the lady to his left (across his body - clever, huh?) and forward, at least as far as I know.

But your one does sound nice!
    Yes this one is very difficult to follow by writtien instructions but if you have the dirtly dancing 2 DVD (if not RENT IT NOW!) you will when they're all in the club who is at the time prince and princess of the club (or something like that) Very smoooooth and diiirrty!!!!!

It is not a cross body move as they are referred to in Salsa. It is a spot turn with style elements. As DJ mentioned, a cross body turn has a counter-clockwise turn in it. A spot turn has a clockwise turn in it.

The description of the move as given in this thread is pretty exact but the terminology is wrong.

If you don't catch me at a dance ask Lory, Tessa or ZW. I have done the move with those three before. They may remember

Thread Information