Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weston Super Mare Video

Re: Weston Super Mare Video

Back on thread...

Got a copy of the advanced DVD to review and below are my comments;

Overall very good quality and editing. The Chapters seemed to be set up well, the idea of overlaying the scores was nice and the camera work seemed sharp and well tracked.

My question really relates to the two edged sword of a) videoing the whole floor, so you see everyone but it feels 'flat'. or b) following key couples doing cool things, lot more dynamic and engaging but you loose what everyone else is doing.

Hitman seems to have gone for a mixture, I think it works about as well as it could but in future, given the flexibility of DVDs, to give the audience the choice of BOTH, i.e. either the remote camera or the following camera ... just a thought.

Final thoughts ... min improvement would have been a menu option to change the music it was bl**dy AWEFULL ( ) and an option to mute Sherif (he seems to go on just a tad ).

Other than that, a good buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    Back on thread...
    Hitman seems to have gone for a mixture, I think it works about as well as it could but in future, given the flexibility of DVDs, to give the audience the choice of BOTH, i.e. either the remote camera or the following camera ... just a thought.
    Thats a great idea.
    I would seriously consider buying more DVDs if this were the case.

I wonder if the competitors would be more nervous knowing that people can zoom in on them

The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by Gus
    My question really relates to the two edged sword of a) videoing the whole floor, so you see everyone but it feels 'flat'. or b) following key couples doing cool things, lot more dynamic and engaging but you loose what everyone else is doing.
    I'm waiting for the first 'Interactive' dance competition. You could just imagine Sherif saying "And for those of you watching on Satellite or Cable, push the Red button on your handset for more options. Our DancerCam allows you to follow each individual couple. CriticCam turns the camera on you - we pick out well known critics of certain couples so they can show you just how it should be done. Our Competitions include the popular 'Beat The Intro' where you gamble on how many moves it takes to guess the song. (We still have no winners) '

On a more serious note - how do you pick the 'key couples'?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidB
    On a more serious note - how do you pick the 'key couples'?
    Judging by previous videos, a 'key couple' is anybody other than the couple the crowd is cheering for. Research has shown that if can see the move that elicits the cheers, you will tend to think "that wasn't that good really". Whereas cheering for an unseen move leads you to imagine something far more exciting than the reality.

There is an alternative theory that a key couple is one where the lady's costume is showing a lot of cleavage.

Thread Information