Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Things Most People Don't Know About You

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This thread is fascinating

OK here goes........

1. I have one Brown eye and one Green eye

2. I have an IQ of 143 but it doesn't stop me getting into trouble for having uncontrollable giggling fits at the most inappropriate times

3. I paint as a hobby

4. I'm very allergic to horses and cats

5. I have a phobia of men with long nails! yukkkkk
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

This is such a good thread AND we have so many new forumites I thought I would dig it up

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Blog Entries
    I've had to think quite hard about this one, but here goes...

1. I am left-handed but began life more or less anbidexterous - I am still odd with my right- and left-sidedness. Can now write with my left, can only use a spoon with my left, but bat with my right, use scissors in my right, can use either hand for computer mouse (what can I say, I'm just a freak :sorry

2. I am a keen amateur photographer - my best ever result was getting a photo published in the New Zealand Daily Herald (of Amir for a feature they were doing on him)

3. my hair is naturally this colour (all power to the gingers!)

4. I have always been useless at every sport I have ever tried - except dancing (some may say even my dancing is fairly questionnable )

5. I was hooked on dancing after seeing the show offf 42nd Street as a child - wish I'd given it a go much earlier

Some of us are a little slow on the uptake but here goes with my selection.

1 My first proposal of marriage was from someone who became a national TV celebrity .

2 My daughters have been members of the British Childrens' and Junior ski teams.

3 I do a lot of public speaking ,as part of my job , my largest audience was approx 700 people in Berlin.

4 My Maiden name is Burns , I am from Ayrshire and my family swear we are related to the famous Rabbie.

5 I hate liver.

Wow Eva I'm impressed

- this is such a good thread

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

1. I use British Sign Language at work. (I actually think signing should be taught in all schools, as it is such a useful language and very useful when communicating across a crowded dance floor or through windows!)

2. I don’t have a middle name on the basis of my mother’s snobbery. It was going to be Claire Michelle but when my mother was in the hospital she was discussing names with another mother in the bed next to her who pronounced the proposed name like this - “Claire MMM-yyyyy-eeeeeeeeeeee-shell” and my mother refused to name me it after that as she didn’t want people pronouncing it the same way.

3. I did an exchange with an American student when I was in sixth form for a month and a half. This meant I got to dress up and go to prom, which was so cool at that age. I had a wonderful time (but never did see John Travolta there!…~chuckling)

4. I am severely anaemic. Although the more interesting fact is the way in which it was discovered. It was actually discovered because I used to eat (or still eat if I am low in iron) an outrageous amount of ice cubes. I would work my way crunching and biting through an entire ice bucket in the pub or alternatively ice cube tray after ice cube tray at home. I have even been known to drive out in the middle of the night to a 24-hour supermarket if I had run out of ice cubes so I could buy them ready made. Sometimes I would venture into a fast food place solely to get a cup of ice to crunch. I even bought cola and tipped the cola away so I could get at the ice. Anyway I now use this method to know when I am low in iron again (as soon as I venture to the freezer!) (Alternatively I could take the tablets properly but they are horrible!)

5. My ring tone on my mobile is the theme music from Zelda which is the best ever game from the Nintendo range!

Originally posted by Claire
    ......ENORMOUS SNIP.........
    And that Emma....... really IS my longest ever posting in here!

1. I was separated from my two brothers for over 20 years before being reunited.

2. I'm a past director of Mensa but got fired from a temp job as a shelf stacker in a grocer's "because the job requires some intelligence".

3. I've got a post graduate degree but never did a Bachelor's (first degree).

4. I wrote to my local church minister at the age of 15 formally renouncing Modern Day Christianity (ironically, my father later became a lay-minister for the Seventh Day Adventists).

5. I was thrown out of college for a) outing the sociology teacher for plagiarised lessons; b) being a bad influence on other students (I must have smoked pot twice!) c) using my free periods to enrol at the Art College and secretly study at two institutions at once; d) riding a motorbike without a helmet but wrapped in a multicoloured blanket (it kept the cold wind off)!

At least those are secrets I can tell you for fun without hurting anybody else!

Originally posted by Divissima
    I've had to think quite hard about this one, but here goes...

1. I am left-handed but began life more or less anbidexterous - I am still odd with my right- and left-sidedness. Can now write with my left, can only use a spoon with my left, but bat with my right, use scissors in my right, can use either hand for computer mouse (what can I say, I'm just a freak :sorry

Interesting as I do a few things left handed and always have including eating, throwing darts etc.I have scored 180 left handed but can hardly hit the board right handed !

My dad was even more odd as he would write left handed play snooker bowl left handed but play tennis and other sports right handed (and always did)

My uncle was consider 'odd' being left handed at school and his parents were told to 'watch him' as being left handed in his day wasn't encouraged.

Originally posted by Minnie M
    Wow Eva I'm impressed

- this is such a good thread
    Thanks Minnie.....now time to reveal your secrets ... or have I missed that already?

Originally posted by Eva
    Thanks Minnie.....now time to reveal your secrets ... or have I missed that already?
    I am at the top of page 3

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/s...0&pagenumber=3
    Last edited by Minnie M; 30th-December-2003 at 01:29 AM.

--ooOoo--

1/ Had far too many jobs to count, including, Mowing lawns at age 11, newspaper boy, Shop assistant, Barman, Labourer, screw and nail packer, Milkman, salesman, bus driver, lorry driver, mechanic, telephone engineer, Telecoms manager, Management consultant (own company), dance company owner and teacher, IT trainer, Management skills trainer and now thankfully retired at the age of 40. Although still get involved as an advisor for other peoples businesses (just for friends).

2/ Used to do my homework at school during the lessons with my right hand, whilst writing the dictation, notes with my left hand. (due to lazyness, NEVER did homework at home)

3/ Started up a bike "club" whilst working in a bikers bar at the age of 17, which later became a Hells Angels chapter (got out a few weeks before that happened thankfully). Still know most of the old faces and feel safe in that environment.

4/ Broke my nose twice, once whilst representing my town at hockey, stick, full swing, in the face. Once competing in full-contact Kung-Fu.

5/ Still can't dance too good, fake it and pick a girl who makes me look good. (some of you may already know that though )
    Last edited by Martin; 30th-December-2003 at 03:36 PM.

Ok, I've just spotted this thread, so here's 5 things about Me:

1 - I am an IT manager
    2 - I play the guitar and compose my own music.
    3 - I once got the train out of London to York, thinking I was on the tube.
    4 - I love giving and receiving massages.
    5 - I believe that love can change the world.

So what does this all show? Well I would say:

1 shows that sometimes I think with my left brain
    2 shows that sometimes I think with my right brain
    3 shows that sometimes I have no brain to think with
    4 shows that sometimes I would rather be in by body than my head
    5 shows that sometimes I think we just need to live from our heart

In case you're wondering, dancing Ceroc exercises the right brain... so at least we are in our right minds!

Another good thread to bring back for all the new members

--ooOoo--

Must look at the chit chat section more often, just seen this and its fascinating, so here goes with my contribution:-

1. My great, great, great Grandfather was the first man to swim the channel, Sir Captain Webb.

2. My dream as a child was to be in 'Legs & Co' on Top of the Pops (showing my age now).

3. Once met Boy George in the Ladies loo's at the Limelight on Shaftesbury Avenue.

4. Have a reacurring nightmare that I'm falling to the ground but still managed to get tricked into parascending by Billco on holiday one year .

5. Was dragged kicking and screaming to Ceroc 7 years ago by a friend I used to work with - I was convinced I'd hate it . I lost touch with this friend when we left the same company and haven't seen her for years. She probably doesn't realise that I've been teaching Ceroc for the last 3.5 years or that she was the one who introduced me to my future hubbie either

Bex

The Oracle
    Originally posted by Bex
    Have a reacurring nightmare that I'm falling to the ground
    Billco is taking passengers up already???

The Perfect Woman!
    Originally posted by Bex
    2. My dream as a child was to be in 'Legs & Co' on Top of the Pops (showing my age now).

Bex

Mine too, and Pans people (showing my age now !)

FL

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: 5 Things Most People Don't Know About You

1. I nearly died aged 2days. As the midwife knocked a jug of boiling water over me, luckily it was my legs not my head or i wouldn't be here. Had skin grafts.
    2. I have a phobia of Daddy long legs. (and other flying insects)
    3.I played the Clarinet when i was at school. (probably couldn't even get a note out of it now though)
    4. In my spare time, apart from dancing. I like to be creative, with crafts and painting.
    5. I've flown a helicopter.

TiggsTours

1. When I was 5, I grabbed a sparkler by the wrong end after it had just gone out, luckily my very thick gloves saved me from being too badly burnt.
    2. The smell of coffee even makes me sick, I used to love it when I was a kid, but I spilt a cup of it over me when I was 6, and scalded myself, and have hated everything about it ever since.
    3. I stuck a backscratcher almost all the way through my right cheek when I was 7.
    4. I broke my left arm when I was 8, playing Humpty Dumpty on a wall.
    5. I was a very accident prone child.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiggsTours
    5. I was a very accident prone child.
    by the end of the list i think we realised this one!

Thread Information