Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Things Most People Don't Know About You

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5 Things Most People Don't Know About You

Well, it's almost Christmas, and with fewer nights and parties to talk about, I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to find out more about each other...
    No, not another favourite book / film / breed of dog / etc.. thread, but something more personal...

So here goes, use this thread to reveal 5 things most people don't know about you!

I'll start:

1- Despite being French, I am actually half Russian (well Ukrainian actually)...
    2- From age 13, my ambition was to become an interpreter at the UN
    3- I dislike ice-cream
    4- I used to play / sing in bands and performed for the Pope in the Vatican...
    5- I roast my own coffee beans (imported from Hawaii) for my home espresso.

So here we are, surprise us all with your own revelations!

Franck.

Post 5 Facts about Will

5? Right then....

1. I currently have a small fungal infection on the big toe nail of my left foot.

2. My favourite Country is Singapore. Thinking about starting a Ceroc Franchise over there if I can ever be bothered to move.

3. I hate ALL vegetables apart from Chips/potato, baked beans, corn on the cob, and runner beans. (Brussel Sprouts are the Testes of Beelzibub)

4. I'm a Bible basher, and was the lead vocalist in a gospel band singing to 300-400 per week. (Got the sack for telling the Church what I thought of Sprouts)

5. I boil my own water for my instant Gold Blend (imported from Sainsburies).

The Forum Legend
    Hmmm. Not sure I can think of 5 interesting things, so you'll have to make do with these...

1. My childhood 'dream job' was to be a millionaire playboy, but not succeeded at that yet.
    2. I studied voice at university, and sang the bass solo at the university Christmas concert to about 1000 people.
    3. I love travelling in the States, and so far have visited 30 out of the 50. Gonna get them all one day...
    4. I have green eyes
    5. I quite like to dance. Occasionally. But I'm just a beginner.

Steve

5 things

1) I have had over 20 jobs ranging from Fishery officer ,labourer croupier, door to door salesman, greenkeeper, college lecturer, quality control, waiter, office cleaner etc etc I am now a computer programmer.
    2) I was the founding member of the Grimoldby church choir in Lincolnshire.
    3) I was once engaged for 9 years and have never been married.
    4) I could read and wite before I could speak because of a medical condition.
    5) I am also extremely clumsy because ofthe same condition (which will explain my dancing).

um ok here's my "things you don't know" Chances are i'll just sound freaky though....ho hum...whats new hehe

1: I'm a maniac when it comes to colour co-ordination! I won't leave the house if my socks don't match my knickers or my hairband doesn't match my top.

2: I adore angels.....poems, pictures, trinkets......anything angelic.

3: My real name is Melanie Gilligan.

4: I judge EVERYONE by what shoes they are wearing.

5: Ok this one is probably a cheat but there are certain things i want to aquire/do before i expire.....i want a champagne blonde Stieff teddy bear, a Scarlett O'Hara barbie and a Diamond.......To see the Pyramids and to have a special song dedicated to me from a special guy. (I won't name the song cause that'll be too easy....they gotta figure that one out for themselves Not much to ask for methinks

filthycute x x

Confirmed Forum Plant Basil Brush (Forum Plant)'s Avatar

5 things you don't know...

1. I popped out into the world in 18 minutes, and weighed nearly 10lbs (not bad going for the Brush family).

2. My hair turned blonde for a whole summer when I was 2 years old- most strange.

3. I used to be addicted to 'Prisoner: Cell Block H', to the extent that I used to record it when it moved to the 4am slot.

4. My music teacher said I was one of very few children to have perfect pitch, and she used me like a cheap oboe to tune the school orchestra.

5. I once had sex whilst driving on the motorway to Aberdeen- very dangerous I know, but without doubt worth the risk.

5 things you may not know about Lorna:

1. I used to be the leader of The Lanarkshire Youth Orchestra.

2. I used to play drum kit in a band. We even made it to the Lemon Tree (THE venue in Aberdeen). But we all left and had babies. We were called 'My Pet Cow'.

3. I am a born worrier and am completely self- conscious.

4. I have always wanted to perform in musicals in The West End.

5. I hate tea and coffee

lotsa love Lorna x-x

OK ... well not that I've got much of interest to add (what change there they cry )

[list=1][*]I'm a chronic asthmatic[*]Walking round a corner in Covent Garden in the late 80's I managed to flatten both Bonnie Langford and Wayne Sleep at the same time![*]Scared of heights ... thats why I took up mountaineering when I was at Venture Scouts to get over it ..... didn't work[*]Got flat feet and my right leg is shorter than my right (I wear insteps ... but doesn't stop me dancing round in a circle)[*]Father was an accomplished ABA boxer who fought on the same bill as Henry Cooper and trained me to fight from the age of 6... but I haven't thown a punch in anger I since I was 11[/list=1]

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar
    This thread does lead me to wonder if anyone will be interested but as it's fun - here's my 5............

1. My surname (Assiph) is not Arabic or Indian. My husband was born and bred in Dundee and it actually originates from Ireland.

2. I love animals - presently sharing my home with a white alsatian but would love my own horse.

3. Have never been in hospital other than to give birth to my children - I was born at home.

4. Have done the Tay Swim twice and also the Bridge to Bridge (Rail to Road!) - please don't ask why - I'm sure there was a perfectly reasonable explanation at the time for jumping into freezing cold, filthy water and staying there for far too long but I'll be damned if I can remember what it was

5. Loathe and despise prawns - don't even like to be in the same room as them (not always easy at this time of year!).

Hmmm...five...
    1) I have a two year old daughter named Logan Zara and another sprog about to pop on my birthday (well, not me personally )
    2) I have had artwork commissioned by a teacher in secondary school (painting), students at university(lab coats & leather jackets), and a couple of playgroups (gable walls, friezes, posters...) to name a few.
    3 I have spent more than one night in police cells (soggy cornflakes for breakfast )
    4) I don't like tea or coffee or alcoholic beverages.
    5) I am an eternal pessimist; that's why I'm so happy - I expect things to go badly and am pleasantly surprised when they don't.

Omnipotent Moderatrix (LMC)
    Ummmm.....having disregarded the urge to Make Things Up (undercover agent, champion ice-skater, fluent in Arabic etc etc)

1) I can roll my stomach like a belly-dancer.
    2) I don't 'get' alphabetic order or left and right.
    3) I used to be a vegetarian but having lapsed I'll now try any foodstuff (once).
    4) I like to organise my books in height/colour order (see 2).
    5) I have a rusty knowledge of sign language and can mostly remember the swear words.

The Oracle
    1. I was in the Army, but only lasted 9 weeks (kept getting migraines)

2. I've done all the training for a parachute jump, but never jumped.

3. I can't stand raw tomatos, or peanuts.

4. I have a cat that chases Bull Terriers for fun.

5. I have a very small appetite. People just keep forcing food on me...

Originally posted by DavidB
    5. I have a very small appetite. People just keep forcing food on me...

MMmmmmmmmmmm.....................just as they did yesterday with that ice cream mountain you had !!! Mind you Lily did have a couple of the marshmallows

The Oracle
    Originally posted by Fran
    Mind you Lily did have a couple of the marshmallows
    There I am watching my weight, and she takes every opportunity to pinch my food!

Originally posted by DavidB
    There I am watching my weight, .......
    Dave ... I thnk somebody needs to explain this phrase to you ... in common parlance it means that you try to MINIMISE your weight, not MAXIMISE it by eating the largest desert I've seen which I'm sure the menu said was supposed to be shared by at least three people .....

1. I can sometimes be funny and/or interesting (just stretch your imagination a little!)

2. I've been to visit Santa Claus in Lapland (and I have a photo to prove it!)

3. I used to play cricket (badly!) in a league, and even hindered my team to a divisional championship and cup victory

4. My wedding reception lasted more than three months

5. I am named as inventor on two patents

Originally posted by filthycute
    1: I'm a maniac when it comes to colour co-ordination! I won't leave the house if my socks don't match my knickers
    Surely you only need to worry about this when you're feeling lucky?

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by filthycute
    1: I'm a maniac when it comes to colour co-ordination! I won't leave the house if my socks don't match my knickers or my hairband doesn't match my top.
    Following up on Graham's comment... I racked my brain, and despite all that, I could not recall a time when you were wearing any............. socks
    How do you match that?

Franck.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Graham
    4. My wedding reception lasted more than three months

5. I am named as inventor on two patents
    3 months??? What were you doing exactly? or was it just Wendy keeping you waiting?
    I don't think I want to know how long the wedding night was (was it in Lapland )

Re. inventions, I wonder what they are... Have we got a Sinclair in our midst???
    I find this seriously impressive... I would love to be an inventor / creator of some sort... but apart from a few Ceroc moves (which probably existed before anyway), can't say I have been successful...

Franck.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Emma
    1) I can roll my stomach like a belly-dancer.
    Really!!!

You do realize we'll be asking for evidence of this...

Franck.

Thread Information