Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health and beauty product tips

Glitter Queen

Health and beauty product tips

So, what are your 'must-haves' to make you look/smell/feel great before a night out dancing?

I'm not talking boring mundane things like anti-perspirant (I don't want to get into that discussion again ), I'm talking that little bottle/tube/tub of something that you wouldn't live without...

... I'll start, and my two biggest must-haves are my 'Allure' perfume (in the peach box) and my 'VO5 Nourishing Cream' - this is put onto the hair when it has been towel-dried and gives it a silky soft feel and gets rid of annoying static, it's quite difficult to get hold of so when I find some I stock up!

So, guys and girls, tell all....

Re: Health and beauty product tips

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles
    'VO5 Nourishing Cream' - this is put onto the hair when it has been towel-dried and gives it a silky soft feel and gets rid of annoying static, it's quite difficult to get hold of so when I find some I stock up!
    So *that's* your secret - your hair always looks shiny and silky. Thanks for sharing that, I will definitely try it!

My "can't live without" at the moment is Body Shop's face powder/foundation combo stuff - since I gave up smoking I've had terrible spots

My skin is really 'awkward' with perfumes - very very few seem to suit me. I would really like to find one to use as a 'trademark', the hunt continues

Blog Entries

Elizabeth Arden Good Morning Face Serum is the only thing that can hold make up on my face - soooo light but soooo powerful - it's my desert island product and for smellies Bulgari Black (hair and body wash, body lotion and far too much spray) - it's not a scent I've ever come across on anyone else but it's very me (and I know our Bill likes it for one!!! )

So, what are your 'must-haves' to make you look/smell/feel great before a night out dancing?

I'm not talking boring mundane things like anti-perspirant (I don't want to get into that discussion again ), I'm talking that little bottle/tube/tub of something that you wouldn't live without...

... I'll start, and my two biggest must-haves are my 'Allure' perfume (in the peach box) and my 'VO5 Nourishing Cream' - this is put onto the hair when it has been towel-dried and gives it a silky soft feel and gets rid of annoying static, it's quite difficult to get hold of so when I find some I stock up!

So, guys and girls, tell all....
    My Arpege E'clat perfume and my 'Bare Naked Lady' body dusting powder from Lush!

coco chanell no5, Aloe Vera hair serum, Lavender bath oil, Enriched body shop cocobutter body cream ;-))

Can't leave the house without a swirt (or three) of Donna Karan's Be Delicious!

I've had a few nice comments on it although one guy did say "....oohh you're fruity!..." He quickly backtracked and said you smell fruity!

Registered User Almost an Angel's Avatar
    Heaven of course, currently on secondment to purgatory

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    My "can't live without" at the moment is Body Shop's face powder/foundation combo stuff

My fav too, as it's a powder/ foundation combo I find it stays on my face a little longer when I'm dancing and doesn't do that melting thing.

My fav perfume is still Emporio Armarni She - not sure what it is about that scent but it seems to cling to my skin really well and have had very favourable comments from several men

Good luck on your search New Kid.

I've been advised it's not quite as good as Chanel No 5 so you're fine there curvy lady.

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

'Just Pink' by Lacoste, for two reasons: I first sampled it because of it's name, then fell in love with the fragrance Don't leave home without it!

Laura Geller 'CAULK' light cover up pencil - a necessity when I get a 'outbreak' of evil spots....infact I don't remember the last time I didn't have any spots, so I use it all the time

Lip gloss-at the mo using 17 'Dazzle Shine' to keep me lips looking nice

Nivea hand nourishing cream

If I think of any more i'll add em'

Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Almost an Angel

My fav too, as it's a powder/ foundation combo I find it stays on my face a little longer when I'm dancing and doesn't do that melting thing.

My fav perfume is still Emporio Armarni She - not sure what it is about that scent but it seems to cling to my skin really well and have had very favourable comments from several men

Good luck on your search New Kid.

I've been advised it's not quite as good as Chanel No 5 so you're fine there curvy lady.
    why thankyou Angel...sounds like I may of just passed the test hey.. ;-))

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

Stila lipgloss (purchase justified by the fact it was in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital, where I had an operation aged 5) in 'Kiss it Better'.

Belize eyeshadow from B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful on Carnaby Street and, depending on my mood, a spritz of their Cocktail (when wearing one of my more impressive dresses), Two Hearts (rose and jasmine for when feeling girly), or B Scent (lemony and elegant for when I'm not feeling flirty-girly).

And for the preparative bath it's all stuff from Lush: Ceridwen's Cauldron bath melt, any one of their nice scrubby bars (especially Aqua Mirabilis) for post-shave legs, their Razorantium shaving cream, Sweet Japanese Girl cleanser, and any of their deep conditioners for my hair. And Cosmetic Lad moisturiser for my face (typical that the one that works best on me is for men!)

Hmmm I'm kindda addicted to Lush soaps and really like Intuition and Ghost perfume. But if you haven't tried Play (by durex) give it a go, cas it will give you a very natural glow

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Bourjois Beige Elastic 01 lip gloss is a must for me

Ordinary nights - "Allure Sport", Special nights, "Antaeus", or "Allure Pour Homme", preceded with the matching shower gel on very special occasions.

Glitter Queen

I don't know how all you girlies manage to stand inside a 'Lush' shop for long enough to make your purchases - I find the combination of all the different fragrences so overpowering as I walk past the shop that I'm never tepted to go in. I've no-doubt that their individual products smell lovely, but I can't get over that first hurdle of walking in the door !

My leetle tip for a foundation that doesn't clog your pores, if you're sensitive to that kind of thing, and even gets rid of spots, is Neutrogena Skin-Clearing foundation - but they've stopped selling it anywhere I can find in this country, so I have to ship it over from the other side of the pond.

If anyone ever sees any of this in a shop in this country, please please tell me, or if you're interested in trying it let me know and I'll order you some with my next bulk shipping

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

I don't know how all you girlies manage to stand inside a 'Lush' shop for long enough to make your purchases - I find the combination of all the different fragrences so overpowering as I walk past the shop that I'm never tepted to go in. I've no-doubt that their individual products smell lovely, but I can't get over that first hurdle of walking in the door !
    Hmm- you'll have to let me know a) when your birthday is (if it's before Christmas) and b) whether you prefer fruity, floral or sweetie (as in smells like old penny sweets, chocolate or honey) scents, so I can find you a few little somethings from Lush without you having to go in...

I found it overpowering the first couple of times, but I don't notice it now, and their skincare range is the best I've ever tried, both body and face products. Mum now gets me Lush things instead of Easter Eggs- I really don't eat a lot of chocolate, and she knows that if she gets me bath bombs or similar, I'll use them.

Blog Entries

I can't go NEAR it !! - stride quickly past to Jo Malone

(tell me this did Lush used to be Cosmetics to Go???)

Quote Originally Posted by Tessalicious
    My leetle tip for a foundation that doesn't clog your pores, if you're sensitive to that kind of thing, and even gets rid of spots, is Neutrogena Skin-Clearing foundation - but they've stopped selling it anywhere I can find in this country, so I have to ship it over from the other side of the pond.

If anyone ever sees any of this in a shop in this country, please please tell me, or if you're interested in trying it let me know and I'll order you some with my next bulk shipping
    Oooh, I'm interested. Let me know when you are ordering. I have never been very good at picking good make-up.

up the motorway, turn left, turn left, through the bends.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm King
    Ordinary nights - "Allure Sport", Special nights, "Antaeus", or "Allure Pour Homme", preceded with the matching shower gel on very special occasions.

what !!! NO lipstick !!!!!!!!!

I'm a BIG fan of Clinique. Especially their dramatically different moisturiser.

The only problem is the cost - V expensive here in the UK so I give my friends shopping lists when I find out that they are going to the states. I only replace make up bits and bobs when it's bonus time so that I get the freebies.

Thread Information