Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Twyford Freestyle - Sat 13th Aug!!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

Re: Twyford Freestyle - Sat 13th Aug!!

Was a great night, apart from falling over and giving myself a huge bruise on my bum. Sorry to all around me who were distracted during their dance, but hey it was good entertainment. Ray and Janes leaving dance was brilliant to watch, couldn't bring myself to join in with so many quality dancers though
    Was also a time for me to say goodbye to Clayton and Janine as they leave not long after Ray and Jane and will also be greatly missed.
    Good luck to all of you and if i'm ever down under i will seek you out BEWARE!

Also had a great evening and some wonderful dances--including a few lovely ones with Clive Long--thanks--well worth the trip from Bristol--the dance standard was very high & everyone was so friendly--and the cookies were delicious

Ceroc Teacher

It was a great night, thanks to everyone who came to Twyford.
    Great class Amir and the music Kenobe was excellent
    Thanks for all my great dances especially from Bex,Lilly,Diva,Minnie M and Sparkles.

Ray and Jane , thank you for your friendship and support over the last couple of years, you will both be sorely missed.
    Hope you have a great time in Aus. Looking forward to our holiday at your house!

Bill.

Ray & I would like to thank everyone who came to see us off at Twyford last night....we had a fantastic night and only wish it could have gone on longer.

A very special thanks to our special friends Bill & Bex who have been so lovely and giving.........thanks guys

Toby mate, you are the best The music was great and many thanks for our copy of 'our special set'.......we will enjoy dancing to it on the other side of the world.

Huge thanks to everyone for our prezzies, but especially to Sharon, Kate and Carol for organising all the special suprises. I'm not sure I'll be wearing the Union Jack bikini on the beach though....there's not a lot of it and I'm bursting out all over......horror!! Byton took loads of photos and I'm hoping to put a good one in the photo frame to keep as a reminder of out 'special' night.

We had soooooo many fantasic dances last night, it was awsome. thanks to everyone. There were so many great dancers in one spot and I got to dance with most off them!! Sorry to all those we missed out on.

We still have a few events to go to before we leave the UK on 30 Aug and hopefully we will see many of you a few more times. For those that we don't get to see again, we must bid you a fond farewell and hope to see you next year when we visit, or in Australia........there will always be a warm welcome to you.

Goodbye and all our love to you all
    Jane & Ray xxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    Goodbye and all our love to you all
    Jane & Ray xxxxxx
    Sniff [reaches for hankie]

Terrific night - had some lovely dances. Bit like a who's who of modern jive. Ray and Janr, sorry, Jant, sorry, Janice, will be sorely missed...X

Many thanks to Bill, Bex, TWK and the crew for a fantastic night!!
    And it was great to see so many fantastic dancers there.

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

My List of Thanks for Twyford on Saturday:
    Thanks to NewKid for giving me a lift to a fantastic night (was my first time at Twyford).

Also thanks to Minnie M for a) pointing out a guy who had put HER in a cartwheel aerial. I grabbed him for a dance, had two, and quite simply they were two of the best Jango dances I've ever had! Though I was quite glad I had my hot pants on under my dress (well, it was actually a very long top from Monsoon but I tried it on in the shop and thought 'I've worn shorter things than this on their own...')- a lot of drops and a couple of lifts that would have potentially been rather embarrassing had I not protected my undercarriage, as it were.

And also for b) telling me off for not taking my bolero off until nearly midnight. Made me feel very good about myself. Remind me to buy you a drink next time I see you, Min!

Thanks to TWK for playing the Pink Panther theme for me. And to RK for dancing it with me EVEN THOUGH he had just found himself an (absolutely gorgeous) dance partner for it. Very noble.

Thanks to everyone I had dances with, and to NK for telling me who Under Par was (I hadn't realised).

But NO THANKS to the Taxi from Ashtons who got stroppy with me for doing a move the only way I know how. It was the one where the girl stands up and the guy bends down whilst looking appreciative (that's the only way I can describe it). The way I learned it, when he's down on one knee, you lift him up again by his chin and waggle your finger in mock-telling-off. And out of nowhere I get "I've done that move hundreds of times! I know when to stop!". I apologised and explained, but he didn't seem to take it in, repeated what he'd said before, and it marred an otherwise brilliant night. I won't be dancing with HIM again in a hurry.

I had a great time too

PS - you're more than welcome, thanks for singing along in the car with me (what do you mean you were just trying to drown me out?)

Everyone who danced with me - thank you - I don't think I had a bad dance all evening. Special thanks to Clive for ochos coaching, spindr for lead & follow/connection tips and RK for twisty droppy thing demo/coaching (sorry I was a bit thick )

Honourable mensh also to PS and RK - when PS told me she had requested Pink Panther I double dared 'em both to dance it on stage - well done!

The only slight downside was that a number of my partners in the class didn't seem to appreciate it as it deserved - even complained . I thought it was great, a real eye-opener and since I can't make Amir's musicality workshop , truly hope that there will be another in future. - a truly enlightening half hour for an egg like me.

Last and most important - Ray & Jane - I hardly know you, but wish you all the very best in your new ventures

Glitter Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Zebra Woman
    Brilliant night one of the best .

I can't remember the last time I had so many fab dances in one night, it was just brilliant!
    I'd like to apologise to Clayton for elbowing him in the head - he did then ask me to dance, so I guess that's one way to get a partner - but it was a complete accident and I fell really bad about it .
    Thanks to SF for putting up with me stealing him from a group of gorgeous women for a dance, it was .
    So lovely to see and dance with Lisa! You must come down more often .
    Also, sorry to Jane for jumping in on her farewell dance, but it was an oppertunity not to be missed, and you're such a fab dancer .
    TwK, what can I say, you are the master - save me a dance (or two) tonight, please.
    Bill and Bex - storming night all round. More than worth the drive. Keep up the good work - and Bex, you still owe me a dance!

Thanks to everyone for a wonderful evening - if only all ceroc party nights were this good!

S. x

That was - on a personal level - THE best dance night I've ever had away from a weekender.

The music from TwK was simply outstanding.

Every single dance I had all night was fantastic, with extra special to LilyB, Sparkles & MissyD.

Apologies to Scary...sorry Mary, Just Wiggle, Minnie M and anyone else who I didn't get a chance to dance with....so many women, so little time...

A huge thank you to Bill & Bex for hosting such a treat.

I hope Ray and Jane will have a blissful time in their new home/country/life!

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

[QUOTE=SilverFox]

Apologies to Scary...sorry Mary, Just Wiggle, Minnie M and anyone else who I didn't get a chance to dance with....so many women, so little time...
    QUOTE]

You know the answer to that, you will have to learn how to have two at a time.

But we have to complain about SOMETHING...

The night just wasn't long enough

Forum Bombshell - Our Queen! Lory's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clive Long
    Discovered a scenic route to Twyford this evening, via Reading Town Centre.

Looking at the map before you set off helps Clive.

I just have to say, Clive got me there very safely! I've always wondered what the people who drive at no more than 55mph on motorways were like in real life and now I know!

Thank you Clive!

I had a great time, what a lovely atmosphere!

TWK 'did it' as usual

The funniest part of the night was Ray splitting his trousers I'm amazed no one's mentioned this, he's such a trooper, carrying on like nothing happened.

I loved watching Jane and Ray's dances, they were so entertaining! I wished they'd have had three tracks, there was so much tallent in the room, I hardly knew who to watch, sorry I didn't join in Ray but the standard was well beyond me! But thanks for our cheeky little dance, I'll miss those when your gone!

BTW Jane, I can't understand why you kept your top on under your bikini though?

Well done Bill and Bex
    MODERATOR AT YOUR SERVICE
    "If you're going to do something tonight, that you know you'll be sorry for in the morning, plan a lie in." Lorraine

Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    But we have to complain about SOMETHING...

The night just wasn't long enough
    Yeah

Come on all organisers, you get all those talented people in one place dancing and you switch the lights of at midnight.

I missed out dancing with at least half a dozen amazing dancers I knew and there will have been loads more whom I didn't know.

And I danced every track, bar one.

Registered User El Salsero Gringo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I've always wondered what the people who drive at no more than 55mph on motorways were like in real life and now I know!
    hehehehehe.....

Clive, consider yourself well and truly outed!

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lory
    I've always wondered what the people who drive at no more than 55mph on motorways were like in real life and now I know!
    Ah, so that's why you didn't get to Daventry until 11.30pm that time...

Thread Information