Page 114 of 158 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3145

Thread: Jokes

Re: Jokes

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of
    years. He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a
    set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%.

The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor
    said, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased
    that you can hear again."

The gentleman replied, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit
    around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!"

Morris, an 82 year-old man, went to the doctor to get a physical. A
    few days later, the doctor saw Morris walking down the street with a
    gorgeous young woman on his arm.

A couple of days later, the doctor spoke to Morris and said, "You're really doing great, aren't you?"

Morris replied, "Just doing what you said, Doc: 'Get a hot mamma and be cheerful.'"

The doctor said, "I didn't say that. I said, 'You've got a heart murmur; be
    careful."

Formerly known as DavidJames David Bailey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Council Housing Complaints from England

From British Council flat tenants complaining about Problems with their flats...

1. My bush is really overgrown round the front and my back passage has Fungus growing in it.
    2. He's got this huge tool that vibrates the whole house and I just can't take it anymore.
    3. It's the dog's mess that I find hard to swallow.
    4. I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off.
    5. I wish to complain that my father hurt his ankle very badly when he put his foot in the hole in his back passage.
    6. And their 18 year old son is continually banging his balls against my fence.
    7. I wish to report that tiles are missing from the outside toilet roof. I think it was bad wind the other night that blew them off.
    8. My lavatory seat is cracked, where do I stand?
    9. I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is coming away from the wall.
    10. Will you please send someone to mend the garden path? My wife tripped and fell on it yesterday and now she is pregnant.
    11. I request permission to remove my drawers in the kitchen
    12. 50% of the walls are damp, 50% have crumbling plaster and 50% are plain filthy.
    13. I am still having problems with smoke in my new drawers.
    14. The toilet is blocked and we cannot bath the children until it is cleared.
    15. Will you please send a man to look at my water; it is a funny colour and not fit to drink.
    16. Our lavatory seat is broken in half and is now in three pieces.
    17. I want to complain about the farmer across the road; every morning at 6am his **** wakes me up and it's now getting too much for me.
    18. The man next door has a large erection in the back garden, which is unsightly and dangerous.
    19. Our kitchen floor is damp. We have two children and would like a third so please send someone round to do something about it.
    20. I am a single woman living in a downstairs flat and would you please do something about the noise made by the man on top of me every night.
    21. Please send a man with the right tool to finish the job and satisfy my wife.
    22. I have had the clerk of works down on the floor six times but I still have no satisfaction.
    23. This is to let you know that our lavatory seat is broke and we can't get BBC2

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time. I've got four people reading them over my shoulder in my office, all in fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Beer contains female hormones

Last month, National University of Lesotho scientists released the
    results of a recent analysis that revealed the presence of female
    hormones in beer.

Men should take a concerned look at their beer consumption. The theory
    is that beer contains female hormones (hops contain phytoestrogens) and
    that by drinking enough beer, men turn into women.

To test the theory, 100 men drank 8 pints of beer each within a 1 hour
    period It was then observed that 100% of the test subjects:

1) Argued over nothing.

2) Refused to apologize when obviously wrong.

3) Gained weight.

4) Talked excessively without making sense.

5) Became overly emotional.

6) Couldn't drive

7) Failed to think rationally.

8) Had to sit down while urinating.

No further testing was considered necessary. .

Prime Minister Tony Blair was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes.They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.The teacher asked the Prime Minister if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy".

One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field & a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a 'tragedy'". "No," said Blair, "that would be an accident." A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying fifty children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy." "I'm afraid not," explained the Prime Minister "That's what we would call a great loss." The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Tony searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of tragedy?" Finally, at the back of the room, a small boy raised his hand...In a quiet voice he said: "If the aeroplane carrying you and Mrs Blair was struck by a "friendly fire" missile & blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy.

"Fantastic!" exclaimed Tony Blair. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?" "Well," says the boy "It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either".

A woman and a baby were in the doctor's examining room, waiting for the doctor to come in for the baby's first exam. The doctor arrived, examined the baby, checked his weight and, being a little concerned, asked if the baby was breast-fed or bottle-fed. "Breast-fed" she replied. "Well, strip down to your waist," the doctor ordered.

She did. He pinched her nipples, then pressed, kneaded, and rubbed both breasts for a while in a detailed examination. Motioning to her to get dressed, he said, "No wonder this baby is underweight, you don't have any milk!"

"I know," she said, "I'm his Grandma, but I'm glad I came."

Registered User Katie Kicks Ass's Avatar

How do you get two elephants in a Safeway bag?
    Take the 'a' out of safe and the 'f' out of way.

Anybody know what you get?

Blog Entries

I'D LOVE TO BE EIGHT AGAIN

A man asked his wife what she'd like for her birthday.
    "I'd love to be eight again" she replied

On the morning of her birthday he arose early, made her a nice big bowl of Coco Pops and then took her off to the local theme park. What a Day!

He put her on every ride in the park:
    * The Death Slide
    * The Wall of Fear
    * The Screaming Monster Roller Coaster

Five hours later she staggered out of the theme Park. Her head was reeling and her stomach felt upside down.

Right away they journeyed to a McDonalds where her loving husband ordered her a Happy Meal with extra fries and a refreshing chocolate milk shake.

Then it was off to the movies: the latest Star Wars epic, a hot dog, popcorn, all the Coke she could drink, her favourite lolly and M&M's.

What a fabulous adventure!

Finally she wobbled home with her husband and collapsed onto the bed exhausted. He leaned over his precious wife with a big smile and lovingly asked "Well Dear, what was it like being eight again?"

Her eyes slowly opened and her expression suddenly changed. "I meant my dress size, you tw*t"

The moral of this story: Even when a man is listening, he's still going to get it wrong.

A Chinese couple gets married. She's a virgin and, truth be told, he is not all that experienced either.

On their wedding night, she cowers naked under the sheets as her husband undresses. He climbs in next to her and tries to be reassuring.

"My darring" he says, "I know dis yo firss time and you berry frighten. I pomise you, I give you anyting you want, I do anyting - juss anyting you want. Whatchou want?" he says, trying to sound experienced, which he hopes will impress her.

A thoughtful silence follows and he waits patiently (and eagerly) for
    her request.

She eventually replies shyly and unsure, "I want to try somethin I have heard about... numbaa 69".
    More thoughtful silence, this time from him. Eventually, in a puzzled tone he queries...

"You want.. Chicken wiff broccoli?"

Blog Entries

A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, "I almost had an affair with another woman."

The priest said, "What do you mean, almost?"
    The Irishman said, "Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped."

The priest said, "Rubbing together is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box."
    The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box. He paused for a moment and then started to leave. The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, "I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!"

The Irishman replied, "Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There once was a religious young woman who went to Confession. Upon entering the confessional, she said, "Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned."
    T he priest said, "Confess your sins and be forgiven."

The young woman said, "Last night my boyfriend made mad passionate love to me seven times."

The priest thought long and hard and then said, "Squeeze seven lemons into a glass and then drink the juice."
    The young woman asked, "Will this cleanse me of my sins?"
    The priest said, "No, but it will wipe that smile off your face."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man was just waking up from anesthesia after surgery, and his wife was sitting by his side. His eyes fluttered open and he said, "You're beautiful."
    T hen he fell asleep again. His wife had never heard him say that before, so she stayed by his side. A few minutes later his eyes fluttered open and he said, "You're cute."
    The wife was disappointed because instead of "beautiful," it was now "cute."

She asked, "What happened to beautiful?"
    The man replied, "The drugs are wearing off."

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, "Father, my dog is dead. Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?"
    Father Patrick replied, "I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church. But there are some Baptists down the lane, and the re's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature."
    Muldoon said, "I'll go right away Father. Do ya 'think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?"
    Father Patrick exclaimed, "Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An elderly man walks into a confessional. The following conversation ensues: Man: "I am 92 years old, have a wonderful wife of 70 years, many children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren. Yesterday, I picked up two college girls, hitchhiking. We went to a motel, where I had sex with each of them three times."
    Priest: "Are you sorry for your sins?"
    Man: "What sins?"
    Priest: "What kind of a Catholic are you?"
    Man: "I'm Jewish."
    Priest: "Why are you telling me all this?"
    Man: "I'm 92 years old .... I'm telling everybody."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A woman was having a passionate affair with an inspector from a pest-control company. One afternoon they were carrying on in the bedroom together when her husband arrived home unexpectedly.
    "Quick," said the woman to the lover, "into the closet!" and she pushed him in the closet, stark naked.
    The husband, however, became suspicious and after a search of the bedroom discovered the man in the closet. "Who are you?" he asked him.
    "I'm an inspector from Bugs-B-Gone," said the exterminator.
    "What are you doing in there?" the husband asked.
    "I'm investigating a complaint about an infestation of moths," the man replied.
    "And where are your clothes?" asked the husband.
    The man looked down at himself and said, "Those little bastards..."

Proof of what can happen if a wife or girlfriend drags her husband or boyfriend along shopping

This letter was recently sent by Tesco's Head Office to a customer in Oxford:

Dear Mrs. Murray,

While we thank you for your valued custom and use of the Tesco Loyalty Card, the Manager of our store in Banbury is considering banning you and your family from shopping with us, unless your husband stops his antics. Below is a list of offences over the past few months all verified by our surveillance cameras:

1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's trolleys when they weren't looking.

2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

3. July 7: Made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to feminine products aisle.

4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official tone, "Code 3" in housewares..... and watched what happened.

5. August 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

6. September 15: Set up a tent in the outdoor clothing department and told shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring sausages and a Calor gas stove.

7. September 23: When the Deputy Manager asked if she could help him, he began to cry and asked, "Why can't you people just leave me alone?"

8. October 4: Looked right into the security camera; used it as a mirror, picked his nose, and ate it.

9. November 10: While appearing to be choosing kitchen knives in the Housewares aisle asked an assistant if he knew where the antidepressants were.

10. December 3: Darted around the store suspiciously, loudly humming the "Mission Impossible" theme.

11. December 6: In the kitchenware aisle, practised the "Madonna look" using different size funnels.

12. December 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed, yelled "PICK ME!" "PICK ME!"

13. December 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, assumed the foetal position and screamed "NO! NO! It's those voices again."

And; last, but not least:

14. December 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited a while; then yelled, very loudly, "There is no toilet paper in here."

Yours sincerely,

Charles Brown
    Store Manager

Blog Entries

How to stay married!

A man and woman had been married for more than 60 years. They had shared everything. They had talked about everything. They had kept no secrets from each other except that the little old woman had a shoe box in the top of her closet that she had cautioned her husband never to open or ask her about.

For all of these years, he had never thought about the box, but one day the little old woman got very sick and the doctor said she would not recover.

In trying to sort out their affairs, the little old man took down the shoe box and took it to his wife's bedside.

She agreed that it was time that he should know what was in the box.

When he opened it, he found two crocheted dolls and a stack of money totaling $95,000.

He asked her about the contents. "When we were to be married," she said, "my grandmother told me the secret of a happy marriage was to never argue.

She told me that if I ever got angry with you, I should just keep quiet and crochet a doll."

The little old man was so moved; he had to fight back tears. Only two precious dolls were in the box. She had only been angry with him two times in all those years of living and loving. He almost burst with happiness.

"Honey," he said, "that explains the doll, but what about all of this money? Where did it come from?"

Oh," she said, "that's the money I made from selling the dolls."

A Prayer for wives.......

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man;
    Love to forgive him;
    And patience for his moods;
    Because Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.
    And I don't know how to crochet.
    Amen

Apologies to any US members, but you just gotta laugh...

Ya gotta love British humour(notice the 'u')! John Cleese's light-hearted look at the USA today gives us a rueful smile. E njoy a good laugh....

John Cleese's Letter to America

To citizens of the United States of America :

In light of your failure to elect a competent President or to govern yourselves, we hereby give notice of the revocation of your independence effective immediately.

Her Sovereign Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, will resume monarchical duties over all states and commonwealths as from Monday next.

Your new prime minister, Tony Blair, will appoint a governor for America without the need for further elections. Congress will be disbanded. A questionnaire may be circulated next year to determine whether any of you noticed.

To aid in the transition to a British Crown Dependency, the following rules are introduced with immediate effect:

1. You should look up "revocation" in the Oxford English Dictionary. Then look up "aluminium," and check the pronunciation guide. You will be amazed at just how wrongly you have been pronouncing it.

2. The letter 'U' will be reinstated in words such as 'colour', 'favour' and 'neighbour.' Likewise, you will learn to spell 'doughnut' without skipping half the letters, and the suffix "ize" will be replaced by the suffix "ise."

3. You will learn that the suffix 'burgh' is pronounced 'burra'; you may elect to respell Pittsburgh as 'Pittsberg' if you find you simply can't cope with correct pronunciation.

4. Generally, you will be expected to raise your vocabulary to acceptable levels (look up "vocabulary"). Using the same twenty-seven words interspersed with filler noises such as "like" and "you know" is unacceptable and an inefficient form of communication.

5.There is no such thing as " U.S. English." We will let Microsoft know on your behalf. The Microsoft spell-checker will be adjusted to take account of the reinstated letter 'u' and the elimination of "-ize."

6. You will relearn your original national anthem, "God Save The Queen", but only after fully carrying out Task #1 (see above).

7. July 4th will no longer be celebrated as a holiday. November 2nd will be a new national holiday, but celebrated only in England . It will be called "Come-Uppance Day."

8. You will learn to resolve personal issues without using guns, lawyers or therapists. The fact that you need so many lawyers and therapists shows that you're not adult enough to be independent. If you're unable to sort things out without suing someone or speaking to a therapist then you're not grown up enough to handle a gun.

9. Therefore, you will no longer be allowed to own anything more dangerous than a vegetable peeler. A permit will be required if you wish to carry a vegetable peeler in public.

10. All American cars are hereby banned. This is for your own good. When you get your German car, you will understand what we mean.

11. All intersections will be replaced with roundabouts, and you will start driving on the left with immediate effect. At the same time, you will go metric immediately without the benefit of conversion tables. Both roundabouts and metrication will help you understand the British sense of humour.

12. The Former USA will adopt UK prices on petrol (which you have been calling "gasoline") - roughly $6/US gallon. Get used to it.

13. You will learn to make real chips. Those things you call French fries are not real chips, and those things you insist on calling potatochips are properly called "crisps." Real chips are thick cut, fried, and dressed with vinegar.

14. Waiters and waitresses will be trained to be more aggressive with customers.

15. The cold tasteless stuff you call beer is not actually beer at all. Henceforth, only proper British Bitter will be referred to as "beer," and European brews of accepted provenance will be referred to as "Lager." American brands will be referred to as "Near-Frozen Gnat's Urine," so that should clear up any risk of further confusion.

16. Hollywood will be required occasionally to cast English actors as good guys; also it will be a requirement to cast English actors to play English characters. Watching Andie MacDowell attempt English dialogue in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" was an experience akin to having one's ears removed with a cheese grater.

17. You will cease playing American "football." There is only one kind of proper football; you will now call it "soccer". Those brave enough will be allowed to play rugby (which has similarities to American "football", but does not involve stopping for a rest every twenty seconds or wearing full kevlar body armour like a bunch of nancies).

18. Further, you will stop playing baseball. It is not reasonable to host an event called the "World Series" for a game which is not played outside of America . Since only 2% of you are aware that there is a world beyond your borders, your error is understandable.

19. You must tell us who killed JFK. It's been driving us mad.

20. An internal revenue agent (i.e. tax collector) from Her Majesty's Government will be with you shortly to ensure the acquisition of all monies due backdated to 1776.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Cheers

John Cleese

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by stewart38 View Post
    In the beginning....
    A variation on an old them, I hope this doesn't make you too hungry...

In the beginning God covered the earth with broccoli, cauliflower and
    spinach, with green, yellow and red vegetables of all kinds so Man and
    Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's bountiful gifts, Satan created Dairy Ice Cream and
    Magnums. And Satan said "You want hot fudge with that? And Man said
    "Yes!" And Woman said "I'll have one too with chocolate chips".
    And lo they gained 10 pounds.

And God created the healthy yoghurt that Woman might keep the figure
    that Man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat and sugar from the
    cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 12 to size 14.

So God said "Try my fresh green salad". And Satan presented Blue Cheese
    dressing and garlic croutons on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened
    their belts following the repast.

God then said "I have sent you healthy vegetables and olive oil in which
    to cook them".

And Satan brought forth deep fried coconut king prawns, butter- dipped
    lobster chunks and chicken fried steak, so big it needed its own platter.
    And Man's cholesterol went through the roof.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming
    with potassium and good nutrition.

Then Satan peeled off the healthy skin and sliced the starchy centre
    into chips and deep fried them in animal fats adding copious quantities
    of salt. And Man put on more pounds.

God then brought forth running shoes so that his Children might lose
    those extra pounds.

And Satan came forth with a cable TV with remote control so Man would
    not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and
    cried before the flickering light and started wearing stretch jogging suits.

Then God gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and
    still satisfy his appetite.

And Satan created McDonalds and the 99p double cheeseburger. Then Satan
    said "You want fries with that?" and Man replied "Yes, And super size 'em".
    And Satan said "It is good." And Man and Woman went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed ......... and created quadruple by-pass surgery.

And then ............ Satan chuckled and created the National Health Service.

THE FINAL WORD ON NUTRITION

After an exhaustive review of the research literature, here's the final
    word on nutrition and health:

1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

3. Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks
    than us.

4. Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart
    attacks than us.

5. Germans drink beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer
    heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION:
    Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

A brand new store, which sells husbands, has recently opened in New
    York City.
    When women go to choose a husband they have to follow the instructions
    at the entrance.:- "You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6
    floors and the value of the products increases as you ascend the
    flights. You may choose any item from a particular floor, or may
    choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except
    to exit the building.
    So a woman goes to The Husband Store to find a husband.
    On the first floor the sign on the door reads
    Floor 1. These men have jobs.
    She goes on up.
    Floor 2 sign reads. These men have jobs and love kids.
    Floor 3 sign reads. These men have jobs, love kids and are extremely
    good looking.
    'Wow' she thinks, I can hardly stand this' buts keeps going.
    Floor 4 sign reads. These men have good jobs, love kids, are drop-dead
    handsome, and help with the house-work.
    'I can hardly contain myself' she thinks but goes up.
    5th floor sign reads. These men have good jobs, love kids, are
    drop-dead handsome, help with the house-work and have a strong
    romantic streak.
    She is tempted to stay but goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads.
    Floor 6. You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on
    this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are
    impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at The Husband Store.
    To avoid gender bias charges, the stores' owner opens a 'New Wives'
    store just across the street.
    The first floor has wives that love sex.
    The second floor has wives who love sex and have money.
    The 3rd to 6th floors have never been visited.

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from Drinking Mates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9.

Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks.

Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted.

They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them.

Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Audi TT Convertible hard drive, it often crashes.

Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

A Jelly Baby walks into a bar and starts talking to a Smartie. After a few beers the Smartie says, "Ere, a bunch of us are heading to that new club, fancy tagging along?"

The Jelly Baby says, "No mate, I'm a soft centre, I always end up getting my head kicked in."

So Smartie says, "Don't worry about it, I'm a bit of a hard case, I'll look
    after you." Jelly Baby thinks about it for a minute and says, "Fair enough, as long as you'll look after me", and off they go. After a few more beers in the club, three Lockets walk in. As soon as he sees them, Smartie hides under the table.

The Lockets take one look at Jelly Baby and start kicking him, breaking cola
    bottles over his little jelly head, lamping him with little sugary chairs, and
    generally having a laugh. After a while they get bored and walk out. Jelly Baby pulls his battered Jelly Baby body over to the table and wipes up his Jelly Baby blood and turns to Smartie and says, "I thought you were going to look after me."

I was!" says Smartie, "But those Lockets are menthol".

When the Pope visited Ceredigion

(Apologies to those living east of the border )

On a tour of Wales, the Pope took a couple of days off his Itinerary to visit the West coast near Aberystwyth on an impromptu sightseeing trip.

His 4X4 Popemobile was driving along the golden sands when there was an enormous commotion heard just off the headland. They rushed to see what it was and upon approaching the scene the Pope noticed just outside the surf, a hapless man wearing an England rugby jersey, struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a twenty foot shark.

At that moment a speedboat containing three men wearing Welsh rugby shirts roared into view from around the point. Spontaneously, one of the men took aim and fired a harpoon into the shark's ribs, immobilising it instantly. The other two reached out and pulled the Englishman from the water and then, using long clubs, beat the shark to death.

They bundled the bleeding, semi conscious man into the speed boat along with the dead shark and then prepared for a hasty retreat, when they heard frantic shouting from the shore. It was of course the Pope, and he summoned them to the beach.

Upon them reaching the shore the Pope went into raptures about the rescue and said, "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I had heard that there were some racist xenophobic people trying to divide Wales and England, but now I have seen with my own eyes this is not true. I can see that your society is a truly enlightened example of racial harmony and could serve as a model on which other nations could follow."

He blessed them all and drove off in a cloud of dust. As he departed, the harpoonist asked the others, "Who was that???!"

"That," one answered, "was his Holiness the Pope. He is in direct contact with God and has access to all God's wisdom."

"Well," the harpoonist replied, "he knows sod all about shark hunting. How's that bait holding up or do we need to get another one?"

Clive Woodward

Just after England won the Rugby World Cup, Clive Woodward was booked as guest speaker at Upper Cwm Twrch Rugby Club. After delivering his thoughts on the game, the England coach faced questions from the audience. Dai stuck his hand up and asked, "Mr Woodwind, although I never want to see England win, I'm a big admirer of your team and their style of play. Now I remember the great Welsh sides of the '70s. Tell me, who do you think would win a game between the Welsh greats and your present team?"

Clive thought hard and said, "David, I loved to watch the Welsh sides of the '70s. Edwards, JPR, Barry John, Davies... they were brilliant players, winners. They showed how the game should be played. But I have to say, my team - so modern, professional, great athletes. Wilkinson - the best tackling and tactical fly-half ever. Martin Johnson - greatest second row the world's ever seen. I could go on through the whole team. I just have to say, I think my boys would win."

There was uproar in the club, boos, shouts, beer thrown at the stage. When it calmed down, Woodward said, "Look, David, you posed the question. Tell me honestly, who do you think would win?"

Dai looked troubled and said, "Well, it's not going to be popular here, but, you know, Mr Woodwind, I think you're right. I mean Gareth and Barry are both pushing 60 now!"

Snow White

Snow White returned to the cottage to find it had burned down. Distraught, she searched for the dwarfs in the forest and heard a lone voice chanting, " Wales for the World Cup! Wales for the World Cup! Wales for the World Cup!"

On hearing his, Snow White gave a little sigh of relief as she knew that at least Dopey was safe!

Thread Information