Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A run of bad luck

Commercial Operator

Re: A run of bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by johnthehappyguy
    If all else fails at least you still have access to the forum.
    & Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    & Melanie

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca
    Perhaps we should all nominate services we can offer eachother in a caring-sharing-MJ-community-type way?

Before you add your comment SilverFox - I know what you're thinking. . .
    For anyone spending a day at the races I may be able to help you minimise your losses, or even to back a winner - I used to be engaged by a jockeys agent as his form expert (they need to know which horses to get their jockeys on..). When I am not working on my own business I work in the industry and go racing when I can. The form book is still wellthumbed...
    And if you are wondering...no I have never sat on a horse!

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Brummie
    As the name suggests the good lady and I have had a run of bad luck recently...
    I can sympathise with you and your missus - recently had a new bathroom installed and had the plumber from hell install it. EVERY part of the bathroom suite has been broken / scratched / hacksawed. It has been the most stressful thing I have ever had to do, as other than feed and water the man (who ate me out of house and home), I had to be foreman and quality control check person too. AND tell him how and why you had to seal a bath after fitting it (and scratching it and putting the taps on wrong). It was supposed to last a weekend, and almost 8 weeks later (thought he was moving in, he was back and forward to the house so often), my shower is finally fixed (though still has the hole he hacksawed in it) and my toilet works. *sigh* The joiner cracked a tile, and scratched the new shower screen with his belt buckle, big style. The tiler was fine though. (searching for silver lining in the huge cloud that is several hundred pounds in size).

That on top of my car being in a perpetual state of (dis)repair - exhaust now needing tended to, am not driving a Peugot, am driving a tank.

Ok, I'll put my soap box away now and get back to work Hope the misfortune of others cheers you up a bit!!!

cheers
    Linda

Last week

Being over charge for a train ticket to Birmingham and then being told of when querying it (long story letter of complaint on the way)

At weekend hitting 'worse traffic ever' on M5 on friday going north, but then hitting 'worse traffic ever on saturday' on said M5 going south. To be told it was 'best traffic ever' on sunday on M5 when i wasnt on it

Having train delayed by an hour from Devon and then for it to run slowly

this bad luck ended when travelled first class on said train and no one came to collect my extra £10 and got me free nite at Berko

Well some things are looking up. We did manage to find the parts for our boiler.....£200!! cheaper than the original plumber quoted. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing Although they were supposed to be here this morning......don't you hate when you can't leave the house. I bet they arrive at 5 o'clock...typical

fc x

Quote Originally Posted by John S
    Tough luck, James - that run of calamities will all have tested your famous smile!

If it's any consolation, the Perth class went fine with Franck & Sheena (I think they have some potential as dancers, those two) and I also heard good reports about the Musicality class that Mel B took in place of Melanie. We had 18 in the taxi Consolidation class, and the gender balance was more or less spot on. So all in all we did ok!
    But..........we really missed you, and are looking forward to this weeks class, with your personal stamp, smile, jokes!!!! etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Petal
    But..........we really missed you, and are looking forward to this weeks class, with your personal stamp, smile, jokes!!!! etc.
    (well, maybe not the jokes )

Quote Originally Posted by John S
    (well, maybe not the jokes )
    I like the jokes!!

My friend posted my Airline ticket to 3 keiths road

The postman still delivered it to the correct address 39, work that one out ??

Registered User Almost an Angel's Avatar
    Heaven of course, currently on secondment to purgatory

OK seeing as though everyone else has unloaded their problems I think it's my turn to get some sympathy. (and I need lots of it).

In the last month I have had to deal with my grandmother dying very suddenly and unexpectedly and had to deal with the funeral and clearing the house and everything else this entails especially when the house is in Cornwall and we're in Hampshire!!!

I'd just about come through that to then have a car accident!!! a whole week and a half before Beach boogie!!!! Some delightful person decided to drive into the back of my stationary car when I was queued in traffic, there are no excuses here as I'd been stationary for 15+ secs and the traffic was queued up the hill in front of me!! Luckily he was insured and has admitted liability

The problem is I have severe whiplash, I haven't been able to dance since the accident, (3 weeks ago) and have got anywhere between 3-6 weeks before I can even start thinking about dancing again!!!!
    I ended up going to BB and not dancing the whole week despite the fact I would have loved to do the WCS classes. I did however make up for it by feeding everyone alcohol!!! Well I couldn't dance so what was I supposed to do.

As for my neck - it will recover, I'm now signed off work till next week, have some even stronger painkillers and muscle relaxants, I can't sleep, I can't move properly and I certainly can't dance. The doctor and the Osteopath are agreeing with each other which is scary!!!!

BUT I'M BORED

Sympathy please........

Angel xxx

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Almost an Angel
    OK seeing as though everyone else has unloaded their problems I think it's my turn to get some sympathy. (and I need lots of it).

In the last month I have had to deal with my grandmother dying very suddenly and unexpectedly and had to deal with the funeral and clearing the house and everything else this entails especially when the house is in Cornwall and we're in Hampshire!!!

I'd just about come through that to then have a car accident!!! a whole week and a half before Beach boogie!!!! Some delightful person decided to drive into the back of my stationary car when I was queued in traffic, there are no excuses here as I'd been stationary for 15+ secs and the traffic was queued up the hill in front of me!! Luckily he was insured and has admitted liability

The problem is I have severe whiplash, I haven't been able to dance since the accident, (3 weeks ago) and have got anywhere between 3-6 weeks before I can even start thinking about dancing again!!!!
    I ended up going to BB and not dancing the whole week despite the fact I would have loved to do the WCS classes. I did however make up for it by feeding everyone alcohol!!! Well I couldn't dance so what was I supposed to do.

As for my neck - it will recover, I'm now signed off work till next week, have some even stronger painkillers and muscle relaxants, I can't sleep, I can't move properly and I certainly can't dance. The doctor and the Osteopath are agreeing with each other which is scary!!!!

BUT I'M BORED

Sympathy please........

Angel xxx

oh honey i am so sorry i know how much you look forward to your dances as well ... i was hit in the back at the start of july and have had a bad back since and am still without my car ...
    just think of the compensation claim and if you have a rental car which you should have as it was his fault ,make a big fuss get the best you can get convertible if you can and that should help to ease the pain.. a little
    sorry about your gran hun hope to see you soon...

P.s i'm bored to and i'm at work..

BUT I'M BORED

Sympathy please........

Angel xxx
    I got £3,000 but didnt need anytime of work. The guy ran into the back of me and wrote my car of going home from Ashtons funny enough.

You will prob get £5k - £6k in 18 months !

Quote Originally Posted by Simon r
    oh honey i am so sorry i know how much you look forward to your dances as well ... i was hit in the back at the start of july and have had a bad back since and am still without my car ...
    just think of the compensation claim and if you have a rental car which you should have as it was his fault ,make a big fuss get the best you can get convertible if you can and that should help to ease the pain.. a little
    sorry about your gran hun hope to see you soon...

P.s i'm bored to and i'm at work..
    Luckily car has been repaired - is now back on road - which is more than can be said for my neck!!! Sorry to hear your car is still not back.

Am making lots of fuss and my lovely insurance company have already engaged a solicitor on my behalf (I knew I was paying for something like this at the time but only now need to use it).

I might wend my way up on the 13th to Twyford to see everyone and say bye to Ray & Jane - but I still won't be able to dance!!!!! I'm a sadist really - why else would I spend a week at BB not being able to dance!!!

By the way you're not supposed to be bored at work!!! you're supposed to be busy!!!

Angel xx

Commercial Operator

By the way you're not supposed to be bored at work!!! you're supposed to be busy!!!

Angel xx
    this is my version of busy can't keep my mind on work today.
    be good to see you how about real gentle dances ... the finger tip lead, would you be able to play then

Quote Originally Posted by Simon r
    this is my version of busy can't keep my mind on work today.
    be good to see you how about real gentle dances ... the finger tip lead, would you be able to play then
    OK - Will try to come and visit but I really can't dance !!!
    I tried a basic WCS step and my head exploded it's not having any of it!!!
    I managed a v slow blues with sheepy - I don't even think we managed to get round the full circle in the dance!!!!

I'm fed up!!!! I want to dance!!!!

Commercial Operator

I managed a v slow blues with sheepy - I don't even think we managed to get round the full circle in the dance!!!!
    I felt very privileged, and very bad, for leading you astray Maybe we can do that again at Twyford on the 13th, regardless of what music is playing?

If there is a bright side, then try this, all that anticipation and waiting, when you do eventually get back to dancing, it will be fab! Do the best things come to he/she who waits?

Greg

I'm fed up!!!! I want to dance!!!!
    Also having a dance break, though at least I could go and dance salsa if I really wanted, and can dance round my living room. But I am missing MJ - about 5 weeks since I danced now and another 5 until Southport (unless I organise something). But the plus is, how fabulous it is when you can dance again after a break from dancing - its just a fantastic feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepman
    I felt very privileged, and very bad, for leading you astray Maybe we can do that again at Twyford on the 13th, regardless of what music is playing?

If there is a bright side, then try this, all that anticipation and waiting, when you do eventually get back to dancing, it will be fab! Do the best things come to he/she who waits?

Greg
    I don't normally need people to lead me astray - I can normally manage it myself I am only Almost an Angel after all!!!

I'm hoping the best things come to those who wait - especially considering I finally got round to getting some WCS shoes - they arrived the day I had the accident so I haven't got round to trying them out yet!!

The part the company sent was the wrong one...it cost us another £44 to be told that by the plumber who tried to fit it!

As yet neither the forwarding company or the main dealer are prepared to admit who's mistake it was and so am looking at basically not getting it back...the joys of home ownership.

oh yeah....and we're kinda waiting for a speeding ticket! When I say 'we' I actually mean...MELANIE!!!!

But I don't like to point the finger.

J x x

Thread Information