Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A run of bad luck

A run of bad luck

Right then peeps,

As the name suggests the good lady and I have had a run of bad luck recently...

In no particular order, but having taken place over the past few weeks...

Hot water from our combi boiler....no longer exists. Small part costs over £350 and takes up to two hours to fit at £44 per hour!

Yesterday cam belt on my corsa snapped...completely out of the blue...Engine potentially knackered and had to join RAC with an emergency call out at £104! Today my road tax is due on said car

Only thing left to do is laugh or throw mysef off the Forth Road Bridge, but I can't get to it

Needless to say any sympathy or financial donations will be greatly accepted. I probably am prepared to pimp my ass for money but then again I don't really want to be an overnight millionaire

Please feel free to include your own bad luck experiences so we can all wallow (sp?) in our own self pity!

James....(an unlucky chap!)

p.s. many apologies to the Perth Posse for not being able to make last nights class...there wasn't much we could really do about it. Will make it up to you all at the weekend and next week

Re: A run of bad luck

:non-existent zippy mouth guy:

Sorry to hear about the car, hope you get it sorted

Commercial Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Jive Brummie
    I probably am prepared to pimp my ass for money but then again I don't really want to be an overnight millionaire
    With your luck, you'd probably develop piles overnight....... ..........keep the pecker up mate......or should that be bill..

PS.......as I type this ....water has just started to drip through my kitchen ceiling....something to do with the rain & a N-Easterly wind .......still..if it gets too bad I'll have the benefit of webbed feet.........
    Last edited by Dance Demon; 29th-July-2005 at 11:16 AM.

Hi James,

Being Aberdonian you ain't getting any money, but you can have lots of sympathy from me Let's hope your bad luck run is over soon.

Big thanks to you though, as I knew I had something to do before driving off down to Hereford for 2 weeks! Road Tax!!! You're a love!

Best wishes too to Melanie

Pamela

Right then peeps,

As the name suggests the good lady and I have had a run of bad luck recently...

In no particular order, but having taken place over the past few weeks...

Hot water from our combi boiler....no longer exists. Small part costs over £350 and takes up to two hours to fit at £44 per hour!

Yesterday cam belt on my corsa snapped...completely out of the blue...Engine potentially knackered and had to join RAC with an emergency call out at £104! Today my road tax is due on said car

Only thing left to do is laugh or throw mysef off the Forth Road Bridge, but I can't get to it

Needless to say any sympathy or financial donations will be greatly accepted. I probably am prepared to pimp my ass for money but then again I don't really want to be an overnight millionaire

Please feel free to include your own bad luck experiences so we can all wallow (sp?) in our own self pity!

James....(an unlucky chap!)

p.s. many apologies to the Perth Posse for not being able to make last nights class...there wasn't much we could really do about it. Will make it up to you all at the weekend and next week
    Well, they say that bad luck always happens in threes, so what's next!!

Seriously though, I am sorry to hear about your disasters and hope that your luck changes.

Tough luck, James - that run of calamities will all have tested your famous smile!

If it's any consolation, the Perth class went fine with Franck & Sheena (I think they have some potential as dancers, those two) and I also heard good reports about the Musicality class that Mel B took in place of Melanie. We had 18 in the taxi Consolidation class, and the gender balance was more or less spot on. So all in all we did ok!

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

Total sympathy..... know what it feels like... especially the knackered engine!!!!

Commercial Operator

In a recent edition of Which magazine a car owner managed to get compensation from the garage that sold it to him because the cam-belt failed within the mileage it was supposed to be working. You never know, might be worth a try.

Things do not come in 3s. Last Friday I was running a dance night and I had 4 bulbs blow in a set of disco lights - they cost £12 each

And, to show my own stupidity, last Friday a dance down the road was a flop so I let the people who were teaching come into mine - one of them for free! I've just found out they spent the night promoting their next dance to my customers - which clashes with my dance tonight. Which goes to show there's no fool like an old fool

All I can do is give you lots of

Sorry to hear of your disasters! Fortunately I don't have a car (can't afford one, hooray!), but instead I have a dog that 'breaks' all the time. So far this year I've paid nearly £1600 in vet bills (get most of it back on my insurance, thank god!), and had to cancel my holiday to USA.

I now have a dog with lots of metal in her knee, but at least she can walk again! Woo-hooo!

Cathrine

Quote Originally Posted by Little Monkey
    I now have a dog with lots of metal in her knee, but at least she can walk again! Woo-hooo!

Cathrine
    If i get a skateboard do you think she could pull me to work on monday? ....it's about 15 miles away

J x x

I had a disaster last weekend - came down to my loo (separate from bathroom) at about 7am Sunday morning for my morning wee wee to see water dripping from the light bulb needed to put a towel over my head when sitting on the loo.

By 9am when awake properly my WC was more like a shower room, water was coming from EVERY WHERE !!!

Went downstairs only to find the water had seeped through and the kitchen was flooded too

Being Sunday and 9am I couldn't get hold of any roofer or plumber and when I did at about 11am he said he would TRY and come along tomorrow afternoon

So I rang my Knight in Shining Armour (Andy McGregor) who just happened to know a friendly " roofer /come DJ / Rocster's Roady" and within half an hour came around and sorted the electrics, he couldn't do much more as it was still raining, however he said he would come back first thing in the morning to put the scaffolding up.

Today is the first sunny and dry day all week - so............. as I am writing this I have two men on my rood fixing it. My next worry is paying him, there is a lot of work to be done

Thank you Andy and Patrick Cash (the roofer) who is also a dancer Another good reason for being in this really great 'MJ Club'

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Thank you Andy and Patrick Cash (the roofer) who is also a dancer Another good reason for being in this really great 'MJ Club'
    Perhaps we should all nominate services we can offer eachother in a caring-sharing-MJ-community-type way?

Before you add your comment SilverFox - I know what you're thinking. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca
    Perhaps we should all nominate services we can offer eachother in a caring-sharing-MJ-community-type way?

Before you add your comment SilverFox - I know what you're thinking. . .
    We already do .....

SilverFox was our professional cocktail barman at the Southport BBQ (don't know about the other services )

Lory has cut or/and blowed dried many dancers' hair

Smurfman, ESG, Trousers, Clive + many other on their IT & Technical knowledge for PC/lap top and GPS probs

etc etc.,

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Commercial Operator

Jeez.....talk about a quitter ...if you were that desperate, you would have used the Tay road Bridge...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Demon
    Jeez.....talk about a quitter ...if you were that desperate, you would have used the Tay road Bridge...........
    It did pass through my mind....but knowing my luck i'd have broken my leg on a sandbank and got humped by an amorous seal

J x x

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

got humped by an amorous seal

J x x

Oh the images.....

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. One of my so called friends, gave me a chinese good luck charm. I have three different types of sewing machinery, they all broke down one after the other (within 10 mins). The washing machine blew up, the computer stopped working and my hairdryer blew. Only an hour had passed.

A few weeks later my friend stated that she had to buy an Xmas gift for someone in her work that she did not like. My friend had no ideas as to what gift would be appropriate. Having told her all about the mishaps, she agreed that the good luck charm was ideal.

........Hot water from our combi boiler....no longer exists. Small part costs over £350 and takes up to two hours to fit at £44 per hour!

Yesterday cam belt on my corsa snapped...completely out of the blue...Engine potentially knackered and had to join RAC with an emergency call out at £104! Today my road tax is due on said car....../snip/.............Needless to say any sympathy or financial donations will be greatly accepted..........
    Poor (yes soon to be very poor) JB and me too, think I am having to go and fork out even more that you I suggest we both go and buy a lottery ticket today and all the forumites cross their everythings in the hope we can can up with a winner OR they can buy a ticket on our behalf and give us the winnings I need about £1000 to cover costs and a little over for a bit of retail therapy to make me feel better

BTW my luck (or lack of it) is still around - after a WEEK of tripping over buckets etc. we had only ONE dry sunny day (yesterday) and they were coming back today to finish the job AND IT IS RAINING AGAIN TODAY

I'm too far to join JB jumping over the bridge, might have to drive to Beachy Head - but with my luck my car could break down
    Last edited by Minnie M; 30th-July-2005 at 09:37 AM.

--ooOoo--

Registered User johnthehappyguy's Avatar

chin up mate -

( I have not read any posting from Melanie complaining !! )

I am sure she would be able to come up with something to help you feel better.

If all else fails at least you still have access to the forum.

Best wishes,

Johnthehappyguy

Quote Originally Posted by johnthehappyguy
    chin up mate -

( I have not read any posting from Melanie complaining !! )

I am sure she would be able to come up with something to help you feel better.

If all else fails at least you still have access to the forum.

Best wishes,

Johnthehappyguy

Thread Information