Thread: A perfect day

A perfect day

Sorry if this has already been done - and negative rep me if it has - but I searched and couldn't find.

What would be your perfect day?

I was asked this by a friend who said she would dance all day.

Mine would be a mixture of the physical and the emotional

I start with a swim in a fresh-water lake in the mountains

I would then go for a bike ride in the English (or Scottish, or Welsh, or Irish or Northern Irish ) countryside

I would have lunch with friends under olive trees on a Tuscan hillside. There would be much wine, much eating, poor dancing and laughter.

I would listen to my nephews telling me about their day at play-school.

I would ski down the hillside.

I would sing a song.

I would watch a play.

Finally I would dance Tango flawlessly, shamelessly showing off to the audience.

What's your perfect day?

Re: A perfect day

At the moment it would be getting the email saying I have passed my latest set of accountancy exams

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

I would wake up at a reasonable hour in a nice big double bed with crisp sheet and lovely big snuggly duvet.
    I would have a lovely hot bath with a bath melt from Lush therein, and have a face mask and deep condition my hair.
    I would emerge, fragrant and feeling and looking beautiful, and head down to a greasy spoon for a full English breakfast with all my friends from abroad. My breakfast would consist of sausages, hash browns, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms, and a nice cup of tea. Plus toast and marmite.
    We would meet up with all my English/Scottish friends, forumite and non-forumite and then go charity shop shopping.
    We would have a picnic on Primrose Hill at lunchtime, play frisbee and many stupid games including 'forward back side together'.
    In the afternoon, we'd have a Close Moves workshop with Nicky and Robert, an advanced Blues class with Howard and Nicola, and a Jango class with Will and Kate. Everyone would join in, and we'd all be awesome at everything and have ideal partners to do the workshops with. There would be a lot of laughter involved.
    We'd all go out punting on the river, and laze to recover from the workshops.
    We'd then go and have cocktails (which would be free as Silver Fox would make them) and a dinner consisting mainly of the platters of deep-fried joy that you can get at a lot of pubs. All this would be at a riverside location where we would sit round tables lit by candles, and watch the sun set. Everyone I know with small children would be there, and we'd be able to make a big fuss of them. I would get to cuddle all the babies.
    After this, we would all go and get dressed up- all us girls would have a salon blowdry and gorgeous outfits, and the men would all wear tuxedoes because there's not a man of my acquaintance who can't work a tux- and we'd have our own freestyle- it would be just full enough as all the forumites and all my friends would be there, along with all the workshop teachers. Everyone who went with their partner would dance to *their* songs, everyone who was single would pull the person of their dreams. Toby Wan Kenobe and all the other forumite DJs would be there, and would each do a set. Not a song would be out of place.
    Then those of us still awake would go back to mine and drink lots of wine, eat Pringles, and play 'Articulate', 'Knightmare the Board Game', 'Trivial Pursuit' and a load of naughty drinking games until dawn.

Little Miss Jazz Shoes Jazz_Shoes (Ash)'s Avatar

Morning:
    Would wake up somewhere up north in a cabin overlooking o a beautiful lake, then I would eat breakfast on the veranda while breathing in the country air.

Next I would gather together all of my family, and friends, and we would all sit and talk, just like we do on sundays before lunch because that is always fun.

Afternoon:
    Then I would have a long siesta with Ian McKellen and John Rhys Davies in Rome in a traditional Italian restaurant; we would grab a table outside under some shade. I of course would want them to talk and me to listen to all of their stories. Then we would fly to London and on to a London Theatre to see either the Merchant of Venice, or a Midsummer night’s dream.

The evening:

Would arrive in Glasgow, in a lovely venue, with a non sticky/slidy sprung dance floor where all my Ceroc acquaintances that I know from all over the country-yes that means you forum peeps too We would have dinner at large long tables, and eat all different types of food and drink, then after the food had been digested we would then dance from 8pm till...the wee hours. Dress code would be fancy dress-pick anything you want to wear and come along! Then I would suddenly be blessed with rhythm/style and would know how to dance properly and every dance that everyone had would be magical, and fantastic…

I suppose if we went into fairy tale mode I’d fall asleep on the floor or something, then wake up in my bed the next day finding it all to have been a dream

/scene/
    Last edited by Jazz_Shoes (Ash); 14th-August-2005 at 09:06 PM.

Clive - we have some nice canal paths which are lovely to cycle on here.

Purple Sparkler - I like the sound of your day! Can I come too?

I think mine would have to either be like that, relaxing morning, picnic lunch under trees with friends, dancing in a balmy summer's evening to great tunes, or else like Clives - an impossible mix of destinations - morning walk in hills on a fresh sunny spring day, picnic lunch in a park with friends, afternoon sipping a cold drink under a parasol by the sea, rest and shower then delicious dinner with lots of friends, an evening of dancing in a perfect venue, followed by moonlit romantic stroll along the beach....

Did the picnic with friends bit today, in a lovely walled garden at a National Trust property, with a jazz band.

Thread Information