Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Burn The Floor - 5-8 Oct 05 London

Re: Burn The Floor - 5-8 Oct 05 London

How about - Wear (or carry) something orange (the Cerocscotland colour) so the forumites can spot each other.

Don't even think of suggesting something sparkly. It is a ballroom show after all. There will already be loads of people coming along in sparkly/glittery stuff.

Tony has bought me tickets for the Thursday night as a surprise!!

I am really looking forward to it!

Angie x

Quote Originally Posted by Chef
    How about - Wear (or carry) something orange (the Cerocscotland colour) so the forumites can spot each other.
    Are you ill, Chef?

I'm starting to feel quite relieved that it's tomorrow we're going ...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisA
    Are you ill, Chef?

I'm starting to feel quite relieved that it's tomorrow we're going ...
    Must have been something I ate.

I just happened to buy a mostly orange shirt while in Antigua. I also bought some other "loud" shirts when I was there just in case TWK calls another "sunglass shirt" event.

If you are going on the same Day as ChrisA - He will be the man in black.

The day is here already and tonight its Burn the Floor! I am so excited to be going! Will not be wearing orange though. I will be the one wearing black

You lot are in for a treat. We went last night and it was great. Won't say any more for now though.

You lot are in for a treat. We went last night and it was great. Won't say any more for now though.

My boss from work went too last night, she said it was amazing. Very interesting to hear her comments on the show considering she's not on the dance scene, just someone with an appreciation of dance (and she know's the people who organise it).

Like Chris, I won't go into detail to spoil it for anyone, but she did say something about the lady in orange being far too sexy for her own good! Will leave it there, could go on, but want to see it for myself before I comment more!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bex
    Like Chris, I won't go into detail to spoil it for anyone, but she did say something about the lady in orange being far too sexy for her own good! Will leave it there, could go on, but want to see it for myself before I comment more!!
    More like far too sexy for my own good...

Just got back - fantastic - can't wait until everyone who's going has seen it so we can talk about it properly

See what you mean about the woman in orange - Lory wondered if we can get her to come and do a ladies' style workshop

Quote Originally Posted by LMC
    Just got back - fantastic - can't wait until everyone who's going has seen it so we can talk about it properly

See what you mean about the woman in orange - Lory wondered if we can get her to come and do a ladies' style workshop
    I'm going on Saturday evening - I was so looking forward to this show, even more so now!

Quote Originally Posted by LMC

I vote for her to do a mens style workshop and a pole dance in the Foxes Den

Brilliant nights entertainment!!

Feel like an absolute beginner at dancing now!

Had a great evening too, shame about the crap journey there and back but the show was well worth it!

I'll probably get shot down for saying this but I did think Joseph and Sadie looked a bit out of their depth compared to the other dancers there. Don't get me wrong they are great dancers themselves and in a normal dance venue they would be truly outstanding, however compared to the other dancers they didn't look as professional, but that's just my opinion.

The other dancers were simply stunning, I've never seen dancers move so fast with such accuracy, grace and style - truly awesome The girls costumes and shoes were gorgeous too

Fantastic evening and great to see so many familiar faces

I with you Missy D, I feel a complete beginner too !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bex
    I'll probably get shot down for saying this but I did think Joseph and Sadie looked a bit out of their depth compared to the other dancers there. Don't get me wrong they are great dancers themselves and in a normal dance venue they would be truly outstanding, however compared to the other dancers they didn't look as professional, but that's just my opinion.
    I totally agree. I wondered if it was just first night nerves, but evidently not.

I'd actually go a bit further than this - I think the whole show was carefully choreographed to make sure that J&S could do their thing and reap the rewards of winning SDF, but without interfering too much with the difficult stuff. In quite a few of the numbers, J&S were either completely absent, or had very minor parts.

Also, at the very end, I was looking along the line of the dancers taking their bows, and noticed that J&S weren't in it, then noticed them in relative darkness up at the top of the steps at the back. This seemed significant somehow.

Having seen Danny and Jodie dance on Monday in a similar kind of show (though of nowhere near the same standard), I felt once again that they should have won SDF, and would have held their own amongst the BTF company a whole lot better.

I totally agree. I wondered if it was just first night nerves, but evidently not.
    Nope - they were really disappointing last night. Interestingly, they looked quite tired to me - they were a lot more switched on for the SDF programs (I went to a couple of the filmings, so saw them live).
    I'd actually go a bit further than this - I think the whole show was carefully choreographed to make sure that J&S could do their thing and reap the rewards of winning SDF, but without interfering too much with the difficult stuff.
    That was pretty clear - their routines seemed more or less taken straight from the SDF routines as well.

Also, at the very end, I was looking along the line of the dancers taking their bows, and noticed that J&S weren't in it, then noticed them in relative darkness up at the top of the steps at the back. This seemed significant somehow.
    I wouldn't have said this was the case last night - I don't know if they changed things or if we had different perceptions.

Bottom line: Joseph and Sadie were a couple of "West End Stage" dancers in a ballroom show, and looking very out of place. We saw Saturday Night Fever recently, and they would have looked fine there. Just goes to emphasize the schizophrenia of SDF - which looked to be about couple dancing, and, um, wasn't...

P.S. Girl in orange...
    P.P.S. Although Bryony has a new plan for her next birthday dance!

Quote Originally Posted by David Franklin
    P.P.S. Although Bryony has a new plan for her next birthday dance!
    Me too! Wish I had thought of that for my birthday last month

Please don't give too much away about the show just yet, some of us aren't going until tomorrow night

On the subject of transport, how did you all get there, and how long were the journey times from central London?

How long is the show?

Did any of you eat around the Hackney area, and if so, where and what was it like?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gojive
    On the subject of transport, how did you all get there, and how long were the journey times from central London?
    Via the North London Link line from Richmond, which took ****ing ages. Almost two hours to get home to Twickenham afterwards.

How long is the show?
    Just under two hours (including the interval).

Please don't give too much away about the show just yet, some of us aren't going until tomorrow night

How long is the show?

Did any of you eat around the Hackney area, and if so, where and what was it like?

Thanks
    I think it was quicker for mrs Par and I travelling up from Worthing than it was for the london based forumite getting across town. So my advice get a train to worthing, hire a car and drive A27 A23 M23 M25 A20 almost straight to theatre.

Get free parking pass from the box office to allow a night free parking in Tescos across the road. (worthy of note for anyone driving as not much parking elsewhere)

Have a great night

How long is the show?

Thanks
    Sorry Gojive, I should keep my big mouth shut. You'll love it though

We drove, albeit from Maidenhead, it was fine getting in to Central London it was just finding Hackney from Kings Cross!! Plenty of free parking though, we parked in the Tesco's car park round the corner from Hackney Empire.

Not many eating places in walking distance to the Empire that we spotted, but we stubbled across Hackney Central (just round the corner), where some of the other forumites were gathered. Unfortunately, they were severely under staffed and everyone had to wait ages for their food. Luckily the show didn't start exactly on time so we didn't miss anything.

The show started just approx 8.10pm and finished at 10.00pm last night.

Have a lovely time, wish I was going again!

Thread Information