Thread: Reminiscing bout music

Reminiscing bout music

OK, thought i post this to check my sanity levels.

Im guessing that eveyone has had the moment where they hear a song on the radio or somewhere else not ceroc related and think to themselves "I remember this, i dance to this" however what i seem to get is either a sad case of modern jive addiction proving that i think about it day and night or just an example of good memory. I hear a song and can remember exactly who i danced to with it and at what venue????

Am I sad or what!

Re: Reminiscing bout music

Quote Originally Posted by thewurlitzerrocks

Im guessing that eveyone has had the moment where they hear a song on the radio or somewhere else not ceroc related and think to themselves "I remember this, i dance to this" however what i seem to get is either a sad case of modern jive addiction proving that i think about it day and night or just an example of good memory. I hear a song and can remember exactly who i danced to with it and at what venue????

Am I sad or what!
    Sad and nice I think thewurlitzerrocks.

I think that's really nice, especially if they are happy memories. You're not alone, as my friends will verify I have a similar affliction. I can usually remember who I danced with and which track to at the end of an evening.

But only a few dances stay in my mind longterm. Some are in there for life I think.

A useful side effect:

I find it very useful if I need a filling at the dentist. I wear my walkman and play a fave track very loudly using in-the-ear headphones, so while the dentist drills I re-live the dance.

I am careful which track I choose as I don't want to associate a sexy track with pain at the dentist.

Plus I don't want to associate lying back in the dentist's chair with DFS either.

ZW

Am I sad or what!
    If you're sad there's a few of us out there! I went to the cinema tonight (saw Kinky boots which I wasn't sure about but a friend wanted to see) and the music was great but every time a track came one I wanted to shout 'Wicked!!!!' and grab my mate and start jiving... think my addiction may have gone a little far sometimes!!! The music was cool and brought back a lot of happy memories of dances with lovely guys, thanks to those guys...

thewurlitzerrocks, you're not alone!

xxx

I don't get that with my own dances, but I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without remembering a cabaret routine done to it at a Rock Bottoms w/e.

The Perfect Woman!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper
    I don't get that with my own dances, but I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without remembering a cabaret routine done to it at a Rock Bottoms w/e.
    I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without thinking of SilverFox

Quote Originally Posted by foxylady
    I can't hear "Filthy Gorgeous" without thinking of SilverFox
    or ....

I think.....

I shall never forget dancing to Pussy Cat Dolls' "Doncha" with a man in drag @Southport... yes, it was very hard not giggling *too* much - s/he was a great dancer too!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinHarper

Wow I am deffinately with you on that one, Alex and Emma was it?! Trouble is I've never found anyone that puts quite the attitude into it as them! I get butterflies just thinkng about it, they were great!

Donna

Am I sad or what!
    ]

definately not alone on this one!!! And...it's NOT sad at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    ]

definately not alone on this one!!! And...it's NOT sad at all!!

Thread Information