Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BritRock Aftermath & Results

BritRock Aftermath & Results

Just got in, great day the Rock Bottom team really know how to put on an event - we even got melon and oranges cut neatly for all to have

Hev Mate - the tops brilliant job of MCing and she looked fantastic.

Expect for a tiny hitch with the results of the senior section, it run right on time

The music was the best I have heard at a competition - thanks to DJ: Bunny & JB

The standard of entrants was really high, which made the freestyle fantastic

My thanks to Sarah Johnson & the Rock Bottom team for an really really great day

The Results
    (apologies for bad spelling )
    DWAS
    1st Graham (?) and Yuko
    2nd Wendy Hill & Roger Chin
    3rd Richard Hill + ??

Seniors
    1st John & Wendy Braden
    2nd Garth Luxton & Sue Halliday
    3rd Alex Hardy & Lina Britten

Intermediates
    1st Richard & Wendy Hill
    2nd Robert Jeffereys & Margaret Miller
    3rd Steve Warner & Tina Stevenson

Advance
    1st Simon Arondel & Elaine Barwell
    2nd Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh
    3rd Keelan Leyser and Charlotte Volber (sp?)

Hot Spot
    Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh (LeRoc 2000 - Bristol)

Showcase
    1st Phil & Yuko
    2nd Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh & Jennie Harrison

Open
    1st Simon Rich & Lisa Saw
    2nd Phil & Yuo
    3rd Keeley Chambers & Simon Bowker
    Last edited by Minnie M; 9th-October-2005 at 02:52 AM.

--ooOoo--
    Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter
    Leroy (Satchel) Paige (1906-1982)

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.
    That date is recognized as her official birthday.

Re: BritRock Aftermath & Results

Quote Originally Posted by Minnie M
    Just got in, great day the Rock Bottom team really know how to put on an event - we even got melon and oranges cut neatly for all to have

Hev Mate - the tops brilliant job of MCing and she looked fantastic.

Expect for a tiny hitch with the results of the senior section, it run right on time

The music was the best I have heard at a competition - thanks to DJ: Bunny & JB

The standard of entrants was really high, which made the freestyle fantastic

My thanks to Sarah Johnson & the Rock Bottom team for an really really great day

The Results
    (apologies for bad spelling )
    DWAS
    1st Graham (?) and Yuko
    2nd Wendy Hill & Roger Chin
    3rd Richard Hill + ??

Seniors
    1st John & Wendy Braden
    2nd Garth Luxton & Sue Halliday
    3rd Alex Hardy & Lina Britten

Intermediates
    1st Richard & Wendy Hill
    2nd Robert Jeffereys & Margaret Miller
    3rd Steve Warner & Tina Stevenson

Advance
    1st Simon Arondel & Elaine Barwell
    2nd Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh
    3rd Keelan Leyser and Charlotte Volber (sp?)

Hot Spot
    Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh (LeRoc 2000 - Bristol)

Showcase
    1st Phil & Yuko
    2nd Beckie Randell & Matt Kavanagh & Jennie Harrison

Open
    1st Simon Rich & Lisa Saw
    2nd Phil & Yuo
    3rd Keeley Chambers & Simon Bowker
    A HUGE congratulations to everyone who got into finals, placed or WON

Congrats too to lovely Sarah and the BritRock team for a comp well done and well run by the sounds or it.

Extra especial congrats to our friends Simon & Lisa We knew you could do it. Also to the unstoppable Phil & Yuko , to Simon & Keeley and Simon & Elaine all that hard work has really paid off this year.

Would have loved to have seen the smiles on all your faces so maybe someone will post some photos.

WELL DONE ONE & ALL

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy
    A HUGE congratulations to everyone who got into finals, placed or WON

Simon & Elaine

Simon & Lisa

Well done all

Sorry to rub it in, but the freestyle (and there was lots of it) was amaaaazing..... the standard was so high and all the performances were so good that everyone was on a high - I was in dancing heaven

I think the number must be been reasonably even to, I was able to ask for a dance as well as being asked

My evening started with a dance from Simon Borland and it (if possible) just got better and better - and it finished with a dance with Mr. Sheepman thank you ALL for my wonderful amazing dances you know who you are by my very happy smiley face when dancing (not forgetting those dreamy dances with DavidB )

Even had a chance to catch up with the social bit at the break noshing at the Tapas Bar with the Barkers and TiggsTours

However the day really goes to the competitors and the champs - congratulations to all the winners and those placed - with the exception of one girl in the DWAS excellant judging

Phil & Yuko have stolen our hearts - consistently great

Simon & Elaine - first time I have actually seen them in competition wonderful and Elaine looked stunning

Simon & Lisa - they were fantastic so together the certainly deserved to win

Have to say though that Bristol won the day those guys were so good and such lovely people too

And the best thing of the day - I only live about a mile up the road
    oh, and the 'gutbuster' we had after the show (DavidB you are the king - megabuster, LilyB not bad for such a little thing and Simon Borland 'Welcome to the Market Diner') and you other guys missed out on a real treat )

--ooOoo--

Mickey Mouse's girlfriend, Minnie, made her film debut, along with Mickey, in "Steamboat Willie" on November 18, 1928.

Commercial Operator

It was the first competition I've been to as a spectator (I did 2 rounds of DWAS just to keep my hand in) and it was one of the best

There's too many people to mention but I'd just like to say that Simon and Lisa* were fab - showcase next year please

One comical/sexy moment was when a young/slim/pretty/elegant lady wearing a floaty chiffon dress in one of the heats had a Marilyn Monroe moment dancing next to one of the fans - I must be turning into a girl because my first thought was that her knickers didn't match her shoes I glanced over at Nigel Anderson whose eyes were out on stalks - although when I mentioned it he said he was looking at a completely different competitor who had a very low-cut top she was about to pop out of

:plug mode: Lisa can be found teaching with me at the Shoreham Centre most Thursday nights :/plug mode:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    I must be turning into a girl because my first thought was that her knickers didn't match her shoes
    It could be just your age, Andy...

... though I'm not sure which is worse.

Great day yesterday. Lots of admirable dancers. Hev in the role of MC I thought was superb, and the Sarah/Rock Bottoms collaboration is a hit IMO.

Everone bitches about the music played in the heats at competitions so I can't praise Sally highly enough in the care and effort she obviously made in the choice of tracks. As I remember there was plenty that was new, interesting, inspiring and challenging - each appropriate to the category at the time. It was also good to see some people taken outside their 'comfort' zone and how they responded to the music being played.

Highlights for me were watching Simon and Lisa, and Simon and Keely dancing in the Open - both couples demonstrating more emphasis on musicality. Also Roger Chin and Keely in a round of DWAS - they rocked!

Some great freestyle dances as well - just wish I could have done some more.

Oh, and that floor....................................

Great day, great atmosphere, lots of friends.

Big pat on the back for Tony - he entered the advanced on the day with someone he has only ever had one dance with and they made it to the final. He did have a fabulous partner who I always enjoy watching and trying to learn from.

M

Blog Entries

Congratulations to everyone - as Daisy said, a lot of hard work and determination has really paid off. It sounds like it was a fantastic competition and a great day - I'm just sorry TwK and I couldn't be there to cheer you all on

Quote Originally Posted by Mary
    .......Big pat on the back for Tony - he entered the advanced on the day with someone he has only ever had one dance with and they made it to the final. He did have a fabulous partner who I always enjoy watching and trying to learn from.
    and didn't Tony look in the showcase outfit - and we such attitude

The floor was awful, very sticky round the sides and very fast in the middle so the competitors had an even harder task

--ooOoo--

Simon and I would like to thank the Brit Rock organisers for a wonderful day yesterday. There were some superb touches (the melon etc) and the music for the competition was excellent! Again the freestyle music, was brilliant!

Also, what a friendly crew!!! I have never been to a Brit Rock event (Beach Boogie, Rock Bottoms) and have been told that the organisers are great fun - and they are!!! Hev was a brilliant MC!

Only downside for me was the floor - unfortunately, I couldn't keep my feet from sliding in the Showcase, but as David Barker said, another excuse for a new pair of shoes, this time with rubber soles! The team worked very hard and in the interval, washed the floor down, which really helped for the finals. I was very impressed that comments about the floor were taken on board and that next year it will be sorted. I understand that instructions were given to the venue NOT to polish it this year, but someone was a bit keen and did it anyway?

Thanks also everyone for your kind comments, last night and here today. Simon and I are really touched!

To the other competitors, congratulations!!! The finals were, as ever, amazing to watch

Just a note of commiseration to Marty Baby and Sharon. This competition was their first together and being a National, they were not expecting anything. They danced brilliantly and made it to the finals, but seconds before they were due to go on, Sharon had a really bad attack of cramp and had to withdraw. They both took it really well last night and Martin was an absolute Gent!

oh, and the 'gutbuster' we had after the show (DavidB you are the king - megabuster, LilyB not bad for such a little thing and Simon Borland 'Welcome to the Market Diner') and you other guys missed out on a real treat )
    Ah, but Minnie, our real treat was having a crisp and nut party in the hotel room after the competition Alcohol was nowhere to be seen......true, as we had all got blotto at the venue earlier!!

Elaine

Simon & Elaine - first time I have actually seen them in competition wonderful and Elaine looked stunning

Simon & Lisa - they were fantastic so together the certainly deserved to win
    I saw them in the Semi Final and they looked awesome.

Have to say though that Bristol won the day those guys were so good and such lovely people too
    Quite, true.

Hiya All,

What a crazy weekend! These dance competition events are really worth going to - a real adrenaline buzz. Came back from Hove and flaked out on the sofa for ages... and I feel still like I've been run over by a bus! 8)

Its great to see Musicality and Style being seriously recognised at the top levels of competition!... and not just the Raw majesty and skill of power ariels and lifts... Simon and Keeley looked admazing, and their musicality shone, as did their cheeky style at times! They won everyone one over on the day! 8)

...and Well done especially to Elaine and Simon! Advanced winners - winning with their epitome of classic style and panache! True champions! 8) ...especially considering the build up to the competition. No sleep the night before in a noisy "hotel".... and they had all the hassle of moving out of their nightmare hotel and into ours litterally less than an hour before kick off... having to walk all their stuff across Hove.... No drama, they just got on with it... well done guys! 8)

...Alex and Lin had to do the same trek across hove.... Lin rose above her week long illness and the hassles of the day - and really come through big time on the day - well done!!

Mat and Becky Rocked - Faster the better huh?!?! 8) The Bristol 1940's outfit came out again and wowed the crowd.

Jenni really did herself proud and looked fantastic in her little dress - I did a double take when I 1st saw walk past me! 8)

Finally... a huge thank you to Elaine! Sharon was upset and in tears at times, and Elaine was there for her - girly comforting, us blokes were no good in this area!... At one point Elaine was giving little Sharon a big hug, Becky Joined in... and Mat, Simon and I all looked at each other like 5th wheels! Oh well, men can't be good at everything!...

Right, bath and sleep for me now I reckon! What a great weekend - well done everyone! 8)

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by marty_baby
    Simon and Keeley looked admazing, and their musicality shone, as did their cheeky style at times! They won everyone one over on the day

That guy is soooooooo cool did anyone notice that cute, and so slick WCS move they did *it was the one Sarah Van Drake was demonstrating at Rebel Yell last weekend

and I just lurve those funky moves S & K do it's so great to see a couple work so well together

BTW Marty you looked great, and you really looked as if you were having such fun, what a shame and what a gentleman you are

*arm in arm and the girl slips under the arm nearly doing the splits (also saw LilyB doing it with Simon Borland during the freestyle)

--ooOoo--

[QUOTE=Minnie M]
    That guy is soooooooo cool did anyone notice that cute, and so slick WCS move they did *it was the one Sarah Van Drake was demonstrating at Rebel Yell last weekend

and I just lurve those funky moves S & K do it's so great to see a couple work so well together

Their musical interpretation is world class and I really loved watching them in the finals. Some fab humour in there as well! I just can't believe how they do it! Virtually no practice time together, then last year, they win the advanced. This year,Simon just back from honeymoon and then he gets third in the open!!! The sign of much talent, methinks!!!!

:

BTW Marty you looked great, and you really looked as if you were having such fun, what a shame and what a gentleman you are

Elaine

Fantastic day. And my first competiton. I'm hooked now. I can't wait until the next one. Well done to one and all for some awesome displays of dancing. And the finals. Never seen anything like it.

We even got some time to sit by the sea and chill (well skive off from the freestyle for 30 minutes ).

Thanks everyone.

I wonder if we can get the play list, there were some great tunes in the competitons and in the freestyle.

Blog Entries

Well done!

(Am v. proud of Bristol's results! You guys have worked so hard & deserve everything you've got! )

Commercial Operator

Well done to all the finalists and winners on the day...

Special moments

Watching Simon and Keeley at the semi guys you rock..

Simon and Elaine showcase looking slick and getting better with each showing.

Phil and Yuko... good friends and great support.

Keith and Victoria Stunning movement great original moves and such god dam grace.

All of the open finalists sat having a drink at the bar afterwards and realising what fantastic mates we all are.

Thank you to all those that have supported and helped both Lisa and myself and thank you for such a great crowd on the day...

Well done to the rock bottom/ brit rock crew and Sarah brilliant day well organised great music all day and night ....

Huge respect to Lisa who has put up with my moods at practice and usually tells me quite rightly to pi** off, she has worked so hard and I know how much this also means to her.

Lastly a big thank you to the very lovely Nicole who always supports me and keeps slapping me when i get down and then pulls me together and sends me back out ....

Thanks
    Simon

Dickie Davies' love-child Cruella's Avatar

So glad you have finally got what you have long deserved Simon and Lisa. Just wish i'd been there to see it. Congratulations to you and all the other competitors.

TiggsTours

Quote Originally Posted by Andy McGregor
    One comical/sexy moment was when a young/slim/pretty/elegant lady wearing a floaty chiffon dress in one of the heats had a Marilyn Monroe moment dancing next to one of the fans - I must be turning into a girl because my first thought was that her knickers didn't match her shoes I glanced over at Nigel Anderson whose eyes were out on stalks - although when I mentioned it he said he was looking at a completely different competitor who had a very low-cut top she was about to pop out of
    Elegant? I'm sorry Andy, but she danced like a horse! Everybody was saying it, God only knows how she got through the first heat, let alone to the final! But then, by what you say about Nigel's eyes, I guess we know.

Hi everyone out there in forum world, I don't ever post anything on here but I just had to say thanks for all your support over Brit Rock. Congratulations to everyone who took part (personally I'm far too scared to get out on the floor and enter anything). Delighted to hear so many positive comments - promise we'll do our best to sort out the ice rink floor!
    I thought the standard was amazing and I too had some wicked dances in between door duties.
    So thanks for coming and strutting your stuff.

Thread Information