Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Explosions and Bombs in London

Registered User Purple Sparkler's Avatar

Re: Explosions and Bombs in London

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    Fulham went ahead last night as planned, and even though the group was small, led by Simon B we formed a great group not willing to bow to the fear and pressure put upon us. Simon gave a great few words at the end and it made me very proud to be in London. Not to mention learning a great aussie fave the Go Cat and variations thereof.

Ceroc in Adelaide where I am from were all very relieved to hear I was okay and received many emails from everyone wishing myself and everyone here well.

Im convinced that even though there is evil in the world, there are still a number of angels masquerading as humans out there and I think I may know some of them

Hugs to all.
    I concur- I was glad I went to Fulham last night. to Simon for his speech. I also think it did me a lot of good- it had been a weird and upsetting day, what with hearing one of the bombs go off and spending most of the afternoon checking other people were OK and reassuring friends in America, but I talked to new people, saw Forumite (and other) friends, and got cheered up. That was important.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieR
    Fulham went ahead last night as planned, and even though the group was small, led by Simon B we formed a great group not willing to bow to the fear and pressure put upon us. Simon gave a great few words at the end and it made me very proud to be in London. Not to mention learning a great aussie fave the Go Cat and variations thereof.

Ceroc in Adelaide where I am from were all very relieved to hear I was okay and received many emails from everyone wishing myself and everyone here well.

Im convinced that even though there is evil in the world, there are still a number of angels masquerading as humans out there and I think I may know some of them

Hugs to all.
    I could not get to Fulham from North London last night.

I am only frustrated that I was not able to get there last night as I think that it would have distracted me for a while to what was happening and be around friends instead at being stuck at home with only the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Sparkler
    I concur- I was glad I went to Fulham last night. to Simon for his speech. I also think it did me a lot of good- it had been a weird and upsetting day, what with hearing one of the bombs go off and spending most of the afternoon checking other people were OK and reassuring friends in America, but I talked to new people, saw Forumite (and other) friends, and got cheered up. That was important.
    Definately, being so far from home and have people I couldn't contact to let them know I was alright was very frightening for me. I walked from Holloway where the bus stopped to Westminster (roughly taking about 3 and a half hours) so that I could be with someone who needed cheering (you know who you are ) and I really needed to be with friends also. I think I earnt my right to take one bus 15 minutes to Fulham to be with a few people so that we could all unite and share our experiences.

dancing is about union, togetherness, life, friendship and support not just shuffling your feet to some music. How can that be wrong in the face of adversity?
    Last edited by KatieR; 8th-July-2005 at 11:22 AM.

Yeah, this...

(Matthew Parris in the Times today)

If the only real impact on our lives has been inconvenience, then the best way of "fighting back" is to refuse, as far as possible, to allow these people to be important enough to upset our routine and our emotions - and save our energies for those who have been genuinely affected by injury or bereavement.

Ceroc N.I. Franchise Owner drathzel's Avatar

I take it all our dancers are present and correct then? I was thinking about all you london dancers yesterday when the news flash came on ITV and 10 oclock! My thoughts are with those who have been or had family hurt or injured

Thread Information