Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Profiles

The Forum Legend
    I assume you mean Cyrano de Bergerac (btw I agree: great film) and John Cusack
    Ack!!!

Graham is turning into another Heather....

Steve

Omnipotent Moderator Tiggerbabe's Avatar

CD

To Tramp - if we were judging on the number of plays in the last few days then the cd you sent me is definitely no.1 - I just didn't want to mention it in case everyone else was jealous and you were inundated with requests

To Graham - Thanks, I remembered Marian Keyes this morning but too late to edit

Papa Smurf
    Blog Entries

Re: CD

Originally posted by Sheena
    To Tramp - if we were judging on the number of plays in the last few days then the cd you sent me is definitely no.1 - I just didn't want to mention it in case everyone else was jealous and you were inundated with requests
    Too late. i want a CD and I want it NOW

Forgot to mention 'Saga of the exiles' by Julian May as one of my favourite books (even though its a series) - its hard to think of these things under pressure isnt it

Gadget: 'unusual' to you may well be bizzare to the rest of us - so we need more information to judge .

Moulin Rouge - love it or hate it, theres a topic in itself

Can we add a Favourite Paintings section as Im now the proud owner of an EMMA 'little miss cheeky' original

You cant tell much about people by asking questions like that - too General, Gus should randomly select someone to do a proper interview with (someone more interesting than me i mean - like Sheena ). How about it Gus.

The Forum Legend
    Hmmm. Everyone keeps reminding me of favourite books that I forgot about.

The Thomas Covenant series definitely deserves a mention. Any book that takes a leper and rapist, and turns him into the hero has got to be worth a read.

As do the Julian May books. I first read the pre-cursor to the Galactic Milieu saga (The Three Coloured Land) while at high school, and have avidly bought every book she's written since.

Steve

Originally posted by TheTramp
    I first read the pre-cursor to the Galactic Milieu saga (The Three Coloured Land) while at high school
    You were ripped off, mate! I got many colours in my book!

The Forum Legend
    You were ripped off, mate! I got many colours in my book!
    Ah. The old quality v quantity debate yet again.

You should go talk to Gus and his 2 inches

Steve

here goes for mine - probebly far too much boring information

1. Birth Place - Singapore

2. Fav Books at the moment - ( they change)
    Harry potters
    Stupid Cupid
    welcome to the world babygirl

3. fav CDs - depends on mood.
    Secret Garden
    Smooth Jazz
    Eva cassidy.

4. Breezy
    Fred Astire & Ginger Rodgers
    Moulin Rouge.

5. Worst Film
    Alien - several really - westerns, thrillers

6. fav dance outfit
    trousers & top - fancy dress

7. Fav drink
    water & red wine ( not together)

8. worst hangover
    Istanbul 9th jan 1999. after compeltion of a exhausting job finishing a department store. very, very poorly!!!! Woke up to the horrible feeling of how did I get into bed??
    ( thankfully my clothes were still on - just my shoes were missing.) where are my glasses? and then realisation I had missed my flight home!!tears:
    The offending drink was called the Dediman punch - never again!!!
    My only relief was that my workmates were just as bad as me!

9. best holiday
    beach boogie last year. Amsterdam this year.

10 Favorite game
    pictionary. no words to spell!!!

11 Childhood dream job
    cant really remember - nurse for a while then an animator/artist.

12.Real life hero
    in truth I am inspired by several people. many not famous.

13.Near death experience
    being born and giving birth to my son.

14.Most bizare place ever had sex.
    ermmm... now that is definatly private.. well not as on my own but between me and the person involved.

fran

Re: Re: Re: Forum Profiles

Originally posted by Graham
    I assume you mean Cyrano de Bergerac (btw I agree: great film) and John Cusack?
    I have enough problems spelling proper words, let alone proper names !! And yes, I do mean those.
    Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
    Gadget: 'unusual' to you may well be bizzare to the rest of us - so we need more information to judge .
    ...hmmmm.... OK - one of the more 'unusual' was on the lower level of a bunk bed. When another girl was sleeping on the top bunk. This was in her room and parent's house. And the girl I was with then climbed back into bed with her.... Perhaps not bizzare or unusual, but fun at the time.... those were the days.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Forum Profiles

Originally posted by Gadget
    ...hmmmm.... OK - one of the more 'unusual' was on the lower level of a bunk bed. When another girl was sleeping on the top bunk. This was in her room and parent's house. And the girl I was with then climbed back into bed with her.... Perhaps not bizzare or unusual, but fun at the time.... those were the days.
    Let me get this straight: There were bunk-beds, but the girl you had sex with preferred to share the top bunk with another girl rather than sleep in the lower bunk? Or maybe she just didn't want to share it with you??

B.T.C.
    There are [eople out there who didn't like Moulin Rouge ?? ..even that superb tango scene....the humour...the turn of century 'feel'.the fun...the editing...the colour... emmm, yes it would make my top three I think :sorry

as for the other questions......

Born . Aberdeen
    Fav books..Lord of the Rings ( yep....from over 25 years ago..so long before the film!!); Sunset Song; Grapes Of Wrath

Fav CD's. how can you choose 3 ???? at the moment I'm enjoying the new Moby album but all time fav's.. Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swinging Lovers; Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto No.2 and Rhapsody on a theme of Paganini; Dark Side of the Moon or possibly Every Picture Tells a Story or Sgt Pepper...or early U2 ...or .......

Film : Moulin Rouge; Lord of the Rings; toss up between The Sleeper ( Woody Allen), Night at The Opera; The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (significant timing !); Casablanca........

Worst film ...seen a few I'd not want to watch again !

Dance outfit....... skirt and red high heels ??? .like my stripy trousers and white lycra top at the moment :sorry

Drink : soda and lime ( when drinking) and nice bottle of red wine.

Worst hangover....... not had many...( thank goodness) only once gone to work ( a few years ago) and had to leave the classroom a few times to be sick....... not pleasant and think I got away with it !!

Best holiday....4 week Eurorail tour round Europe with 5 friends (20 years ago !!...great fun). Beach Boogie last year.

Fav game..don't play many games

Dream job... actually never knew what I wanted to do when I was a kid ( still don't!)..... exept to play football and score for Scotland

Real life hero.... in terms of dancing.Viktor. As a kid George Best. Now ? not many heros around

Near death experience - apparently having moved from a quiet srteet when very young I decided to take my little pedal car on to the main road and was being overtaken by cars and buses ( obvioulsy this wasn't London otherwise I'd have been well ahead of them !)before my mother 'saved' me !!

Bizarre place for sex. well those who know me realise I wouldn't do anything bizarre....but places ?? Only had under a bottle of wine so my lips are sealed

Sal

Re: Forum Profiles

1. Birthplace:- Hull

2. 3 Favourite Books:- Lord of the rings, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Love in the time of Cholera

3. 3 Favourite CDs:- Coldplay - Rush of blood to the head, Muse - origin of symmetry, gomez - liquid skin, at the moment.......

4. 3 Favourite Films:- Matrix, english patient, beautiful mind

5. Most Hated Film:- Austin Powers

6. Favourite Dance Outfit:- pink dress

7. Favourite drink:- red wine preferably by the bottle!

8. Worst Hangover:- Two day hangover after mixed shots of whisky and brandy. Couldn't remember being sick or tidying up....

9. Best Holiday:- Backpacking round Australia

10. Favourite Game:- Jenga - I cheat!

11. Childhood dream job:- Vet until I realise I would have to put the cute animals down!

12. Real Life Hero:- My mum

13. Closest Brush with Death:- Swallowed mint whole, which lodged on windpipe

14. Most Bizarre place had sex:- A lift

The Forum Legend
    Most Bizarre place had sex:- A lift
    Damn. That's one of my fantasies (is this too much information?). I'm jealous now!!!

Steve

Hi, here's my list:

1. St. Andrews, Fife.

2. (childhood) Little Women by Louisa M. Alcott
    The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by
    C.S Lewis.
    (adult) Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
    Death of a Salesman and
    Bridget Jones Diary, sorry I know that it's a bit rank
    but I've never laughed so much. I was single at
    the time, so I had an excuse.

3. This is a hard one, I have so many favourites.

The James Taylor Quartet, 'Wait A Minute'
    Soundtrack to 'Les Misarables', Alain Boubil and Claude-Michel
    Shonberg.
    Soundtrack to the film 'Philadelphia'
    The Beautiful South, 'Carry On Up The Charts'
    Finally, everything by Madonna and Wet Wet Wet,
    MARTI PELLOW ROCKS!!!!!!

4. Has to be Grease followed by Grease II and Dirty Dancing.

5. Violent Films

6. Anything that I can fit into at the moment and not look like a sack 'o' tatties.

7. This has changed over the years as I've matured,
    Just adore wine!!!

8. Worst hangover, I've had too many and they were all bad!
    I wouldn't embarrass myself by telling anyone about them.

9. I'm sure it will be my honeymoon this coming July!!!

10. (childhood) My Barbies!! (adult) Backgammon (sad or what!)

11. I always wanted to be a teacher and a mummy and I got
    both.

12. real life hero would have to be Madonna

13. haven't had one

14. Where haven't I done it?

lotsa love Lorna x-x

B.T.C.

Re: Re: Forum Profiles

Originally posted by Sal
    14. Most Bizarre place had sex:- A lift
    It must have been incredibly quick......................... or a very high building :sorry

The Forum Legend
    Or broken down???

Or, if you're a real exhibitionist, one of those glass fronted ones in shopping centres!!!

Steve

B.T.C.
    Originally posted by TheTramp
    Or broken down???

Or, if you're a real exhibitionist, one of those glass fronted ones in shopping centres!!!

Steve
    Now steady Steve.............you're getting carried away here ! ............now if only I was an exhibitionist

Sal
    Do you really want the details?!? Or is it more fun to make them up!

Not a glass lift, it was fully functional, and the building was 10 floors. Admittedly, it was an aging lift and was a bit slow!

Re: Re: CD

Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe

You cant tell much about people by asking questions like that - too General, Gus should randomly select someone to do a proper interview with (someone more interesting than me i mean - like Sheena ). How about it Gus.
    Well actualy, I was going to interview someone from Ceroc Scotland for my Feb interview (still finishing off the December interview so may not be ready till late Dec .... with a pair of gorgeous young dancers from Cheshire) .... well actualy its Gorgeous Gus who does the interviewing ... he has a way of getting the victim to reveal their innermost secrets

So beware ... it may be YOU!

Omnipresent Administrator Franck's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Re: Forum Profiles

14. Most Bizarre place had sex ( optional)
    Well, :sorry, Franck did give me the pleasure of a good 2 inches last night on the dance floor of Deja Vu whilst dancing to "Dirrty" by Christina Aguillera - Oh, Sorry Franck that was "Blues" wasn't it?
    Hey Sheena! :sorry
    I just noticed the above... You're going to get me in trouble with my wife... How can I tell her that I was involved somehow in someone else's reply to question 14...
    And before anyone else asks, I was nowhere near a lift either

Anyway, as I pointed out to you that night, I don't do Blues...
    Me I'm more of a MAd. dancer as per your other quote:
    and even Franck was dancing like a Mad(ness)man - nothing unusual there then?
    I rest my case!

To echo Dan's comments, I had a ball (as usual in Dundee), great dancing, great music, great company etc...
    I would like to also point out (in case my wife is still reading), that I was 'forced' to go to the Deja Vu nightclub, my arm was twisted so far up my back, I really had no choice and, sorry Steve, but Madness was great, and so was 'a Fairy tale of New York'... The DJ was bad though, kept cutting over the tracks to sing (badly)...

Franck.
    MAd.

The Forum Legend
    Now steady Steve.............you're getting carried away here ! ............now if only I was an exhibitionist
    If only Bill!!

Steve

Thread Information